• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

I've registered my new 3DS and a bunch of games, and now I'm not sure what reward to get (not Elite rewards, I understand I won't be able to pick one until July of next year). Even though some of the physical rewards are "overpriced," I can't help but want something physical and exclusive to Club Nintendo.

Any suggestions?
I recommend the reversible pouches and/or maybe the shoelaces. I've got both the red and blue pouches and they're really nice for only 250 coins each (surprised they only cost that much, honestly). Been carrying my DSi XL around in the blue one for almost two years and it's pretty roomy. The shoelaces I've been using in a pair of Chuck Taylors for the past eight months and I think they're a nice, practical little CN gift - useful, unobtrusive and add a little bit of geek to every ensemble.

rpmurphy

Heads up for anybody that bought Mighty Switch Force on sale last weekend (like me) - do your registration survey (if you haven't already). I almost missed mine. I only logged in to compare the platinum gifts again. I think I've decided on the playing cards over special print effects posters.

Oh, and I'm keeping my $30 Newegg preorder for NSMB2.

Thanks for the heads up. Mine was to expire in two hours.

So you get 100 coins instrad of 50 for buying the eShop version of NSMB2...lol I guess Nintendo just sold me on the eShop version. Was thinking of getting it anywayz and get a physical copy later on for multiplayer. Now that both games offer points I'll do that.

Thanks for the extra coins Nintendo! I didn't think NOA would actually do it.

I don't think I'll be making purchases based off how many coins I can get. It's not like getting to platinum each year is even remotely difficult. Though, smart move on Nintendo's part to be doing that.

jgkspsx

I would have preordered for the (fake) real version of Donkey Kong, but for 50 extra coins, screw that. I probably won't buy it anytime soon if I ever buy it.

I think the game cards are 2 GB, and it's usually about $1/GB to buy SD. Of course, they may have decided to compress the game terribly so that it will download more easily (I hope not).
SDHC cards are way cheaper than $1/GB. You can usually get a 32GB card for around $20.

3DS game cards range from 128MB to 4GB currently. My guess is NSMB2 will probably come on a 512MB card looking at previous Mario series installments. That's what 3D Land was on.

BooJoh

I did the intend to buy for both retail and digital versions of NSMB2. For the retail version I put all the usual answers (fan of the series, extremely likely, preorder, buy new) but for the downloadable version I put very unlikely to buy, and for the "Why are you interested?" box I put the following:
I like the idea of having a digital version of a game, but I'm not likely to buy digital versions unless I can use them across multiple devices linked to my Nintendo account, much like how Sony's account system works.

Drago

I did the intend to buy for both retail and digital versions of NSMB2. For the retail version I put all the usual answers (fan of the series, extremely likely, preorder, buy new) but for the downloadable version I put very unlikely to buy, and for the "Why are you interested?" box I put the following:
Can I copy this and use it? I want to help get this message across too.

iphys

It never occurred to me that we could do intend-to-buys as don't-intend-to-buys, although I guess it is fair considering you only get the coins if you do end up buying, no matter how unlikely that is.

IrishNinja

I think it's safe to say our trip to Chicago was a HUGE success, had a blast with friends.
couple of snaps: Wii U Experience

nice! im still amazed that the miami one was the same day as the zelda concert in orlando (which announced a miami show in december...).

got my mario pillow in today from an ebay guy who shipped it for $30, its really cool! be great if we got this thing later, but yeah, im not holding my breath.

I'm getting a 3DS XL next month, but I have a few games already(BB sale). Would it be better to wait to register them when I have the system, or does it really matter?

(new to Nintendo club)

Roto13

I'm getting a 3DS XL next month, but I have a few games already(BB sale). Would it be better to wait to register them when I have the system, or does it really matter?

(new to Nintendo club)

If they were released within the past month, register them now to get a 10 coin bonus. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

Clipper

Nintendo hasn't released any first party games within the last month and the third party games don't get early registration, so you can guarantee none of them count.

Javier

Huh. There should have been a new game to download from the Wii Shop using CN Coins today since Mario Tennis was supposed to expire yesterday, yet you can still download it (and it even has the "Offer valid until Jul 22" notice). I guess someone forgot to do his job.

Struct09

Huh. There should have been a new game to download from the Wii Shop using CN Coins today since Mario Tennis was supposed to expire yesterday, yet you can still download it (and it even has the "Offer valid until Jul 22" notice). I guess someone forgot to do his job.

Last week the new game went up at 9:30 AM PST. So, likely 18 minutes from now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bonsai Barber is probably one of my top 10 Wii games, and definitely my top downloadable game on a Nintendo system. Great core mechanic, tons of content and unlockables, TONS of easter eggs, and well set up for a downloadable title--designed to be played for maybe 10 minutes a day every day. Also has a screenshot function, so that's cool.

I mean, it's a game about giving fruits and vegetables haircuts, so keep that in mind, but if the concept appeals to you, I'm 100% sure the execution will as well. Highly recommend.

Drago

Bonsai Barber looks like it could be fun, but I'll see.

New rewards need to come out soon... nothing there is really interesting to me, I already got most of the tings I wanted. When should we expect new ones?

Clipper

New rewards need to come out soon... nothing there is really interesting to me, I already got most of the tings I wanted. When should we expect new ones?
Read the OP...
Me said:
When do new physical rewards become available?
New rewards appear randomly every few months. There is no discernible pattern as to when they arrive.

Sora_N

Still undecided for my plat reward, I'm not into posters anymore and I don't know if it'll be worth it for me to sell the posters. Should I just get the damn cards, if I don't like them I could sell them or something?

bumpkin

Did the intend to buy for the digital version of NSMB2. Maybe I'll do the same for the retail version just in case...
I did both because I'm really undecided about which route I want to take. It's possible that my wife will eventually cave and decide she wants a 3DS of her own, and I know we'll both want to play NSMB2; much easier with two copies. I've got to start thinking about picking up a bigger SD card for mine though. I'm down to something like 4900 blocks.

zroid

Banned
I did both because why not? On the off-chance I buy the download version some years from now, I'd hate to miss out on those bonus coins for no good reason.

Clipper

I suppose it's about time to say...

Don't forget to accept and select your 2012 Elite Status award by July 31 if you qualified.

IrishNinja

thanks clipper! i dont know what i was holding out for...like they'd wait till the last week and go LOL FINE HERES A ZELDA STATUE OPTION

isny

napkin dispenser
New Club Nintendo Japan rewards. Kirby 20th Anniversary Medal for 200 points and the Mario and friends (previous NA Club Nintendo plat award) statue for 900 points.

pop_itemimg_p145.jpg
pop_itemimg_p144_1.jpg

IrishNinja

aw, man...still kinda want that statue.
actually ill finally have 1000+ coins this year for sure, game & watch looks cool but i wish there was more stuff to compete with it on that level. how many coins was that bronze Zelda statue the EU kids got?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I suppose it's about time to say...

Don't forget to accept and select your 2012 Elite Status award by July 31 if you qualified.
Looks like they moved the deadline to August 6; just got an email. I'm guessing a lot of people haven't selected one yet (either because they can't choose or because the options don't interest them).

Sushigod7

aw, man...still kinda want that statue.
actually ill finally have 1000+ coins this year for sure, game & watch looks cool but i wish there was more stuff to compete with it on that level. how many coins was that bronze Zelda statue the EU kids got?

I ordered the statue off Ebay when it came out a few years ago. I'd go for it you can usually find it for 20-30 dollars still and I think it's pretty great quality for a free reward. The US version didn't have that nice bubble though could use that to keep the dust off.

Davey Cakes

Yeah, the bubble would have been lovely. I'm not complaining though, the statue and the ? box served as a great Platinum prize, and probably the best one yet.

IrishNinja

I ordered the statue off Ebay when it came out a few years ago. I'd go for it you can usually find it for 20-30 dollars still and I think it's pretty great quality for a free reward. The US version didn't have that nice bubble though could use that to keep the dust off.

dammit
i read this post and first thought you meant the zelda statue, till i saw the bubble comment

zroid

Banned
holy crap dude, that's an awesome casing for the PVC. got damn, even when Japan gets the same rewards as us, they still manage to be better somehow

Davey Cakes

holy crap dude, that's an awesome casing for the PVC. got damn, even when Japan gets the same rewards as us, they still manage to be better somehow
I hate to sound like a whiny little bitch but, with maybe a couple of exceptions, Japan gets all the good stuff.

zroid

Banned
Looks like they moved the deadline to August 6; just got an email. I'm guessing a lot of people haven't selected one yet (either because they can't choose or because the options don't interest them).

I believe it's because they only announced the prizes on July 6th, so they're giving people the full month.

Weird request maybe, but has anyone in the past offered their NA address for overseas people to grab a prize? I've got 1200 coins on the American store and wanted the G&W replica, I had signed up to one of those 'go-between' places for last years Platinum prize but the fee charge was pretty crazy so I didn't bother.

I would pay for postage to New Zealand obviously (PayPal), and I can offer you a NA estore code which I have for Metroid II on 3DS if you wanted.

Cheers.

Top Bottom