• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Weird request maybe, but has anyone in the past offered their NA address for overseas people to grab a prize? I've got 1200 coins on the American store and wanted the G&W replica, I had signed up to one of those 'go-between' places for last years Platinum prize but the fee charge was pretty crazy so I didn't bother.

I would pay for postage to New Zealand obviously (PayPal), and I can offer you a NA estore code which I have for Metroid II on 3DS if you wanted.

Cheers.

I'm not sure if anyone else has done it before, but If no one else wants to, I'll do it. Metroid 2 is one of my favorite Game Boy games. PM me the info.

NeOak

Weird request maybe, but has anyone in the past offered their NA address for overseas people to grab a prize? I've got 1200 coins on the American store and wanted the G&W replica, I had signed up to one of those 'go-between' places for last years Platinum prize but the fee charge was pretty crazy so I didn't bother.

I would pay for postage to New Zealand obviously (PayPal), and I can offer you a NA estore code which I have for Metroid II on 3DS if you wanted.

Cheers.
If anotherVegan can't do it, i'll do it.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I wonder if Planet Crashers is going to have a 10 coin registration survey, given that it's a $10 title. The only other $10 title (Order Up) does...

Clipper

Cheers.

I'm not sure if anyone else has done it before, but If no one else wants to, I'll do it. Metroid 2 is one of my favorite Game Boy games. PM me the info.

If anotherVegan can't do it, i'll do it.

Be careful guys. If you have two different accounts sending rewards to the same address, Nintendo may detect it and flag the accounts as being one user registering multiple times. This is one of the reasons they have for terminating your account, and I know first hand that they will have no qualms terminating your account if they discover you don't live at the address you list on the site.

NeOak

Be careful guys. If you have two different accounts sending rewards to the same address, Nintendo may detect it and flag the accounts as being one user registering multiple times. This is one of the reasons they have for terminating your account, and I know first hand that they will have no qualms terminating your account if they discover you don't live at the address you list on the site.

I was thinking about sending it to a neighbor who I know.

b3b0p

I love Metroid II.

When I saw Samus at the end... my mind was blown!
He, was a she!
It changed my childhood.

Cheers guys I'll PM anotherVegan and see about the address thing first, I don't want anyones trying to help account getting stuffed up! :(

I'll sell you mine for $1,000,000 New Zealand dollars.

Thats not a bad deal for a US address, James Cameron spent like $20 million NZD on one of ours! He must have wanted to get one of the Club Nintendo SNES controllers sent there.

Cheers guys I'll PM anotherVegan and see about the address thing first, I don't want anyones trying to help account getting stuffed up! :(

Thats not a bad deal for a US address, James Cameron spent like $20 million NZD on one of ours! He must have wanted to get one of the Club Nintendo SNES controllers sent there.

I'm not sure if I can use my family's address, so go with another gaffer if they can do it for sure. Thanks for looking out for us!

And I'm eternally jealous of those SNES Classic Controllers. If they were only available in NA, I would have bought one of those instead of posters.

Thanks anyway dude, and yea thanks for the warning on the address thing Clipper that sort of thing would have never crossed my mind.

Those controllers vanished so quickly on the Aus/NZ one I remember, I wonder how many they even had available. I guess thats the reason they don't want double up accounts, so more people get a chance at the goods than someone hogging it all.

Clipper

Thanks anyway dude, and yea thanks for the warning on the address thing Clipper that sort of thing would have never crossed my mind.

Those controllers vanished so quickly on the Aus/NZ one I remember, I wonder how many they even had available. I guess thats the reason they don't want double up accounts, so more people get a chance at the goods than someone hogging it all.

I think it also has to do with tax purposes. At least, that's what they told me when they cancelled my account when I admitted I don't live in the States.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmm. I purchased both Planet Crashers and Dot Runner: Complete Edition, but I haven't gotten registration surveys for either. I thought the 3DS Registration Surveys were generally showing up on the day of download...

BooJoh

Hmm. I purchased both Planet Crashers and Dot Runner: Complete Edition, but I haven't gotten registration surveys for either. I thought the 3DS Registration Surveys were generally showing up on the day of download...

I'm not seeing a registration survey for Planet Crashers either. But none of this week's stuff seems to be showing up in the Earn Coins section even for post-plays.

Damn, really wishing I'd ordered a second 3DS game case when I'd had the chance a few weeks ago when they'd re-stocked em. I've almost filled out the first one I got and don't want to have to go back to using other cart cases. This one is just too nice! I guess it's too much to hope that Club N will bring it back someday?

I'm not seeing a registration survey for Planet Crashers either. But none of this week's stuff seems to be showing up in the Earn Coins section even for post-plays.
Yeah, I haven't gotten any surveys for Wario Land or Mole Mania yet. Guess it's just taking some time.

I ordered the 3DS case when it was first introduced, but it came in the mail broken. Like the part where the case snaps shut was broken, so it was difficult to close it (you had to adjust the "hook" thing manually). They were sold out for a few weeks, so I was scared they wouldn't have anymore. So I called Nintendo and they sent me a replacement case right away, and told me to keep the broken one. I gotta say, their customer service (even for Club Nintendo) is amazing!

scurker

I've had two accounts for several years and have gotten multiple platinum sent to the same address with the same name, so I'm not sure about the first. I guess your mileage may vary, but I live in the US as well so who knows?

bumpkin

Damn, really wishing I'd ordered a second 3DS game case when I'd had the chance a few weeks ago when they'd re-stocked em. I've almost filled out the first one I got and don't want to have to go back to using other cart cases.
Same here, man. I think I'm down to three empty slots in my case, but I already have four more games that I'm planning to get when they're released (NSMB2, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and Paper Mario). It would figure that NoA would deprive us of one of the most functional (and affordable) rewards they've had in the catalog to-date.

zroid

Banned
Can't believe Golf is 150, that should be no more than 100. Especially juxtaposed with the likes of Bonsai Barber at 150.

I used my coins today to get Golf. When I go to the eShop to redeem it, I get the following message:

"No download code is necessary, as you have already purchased this product or downloaded it before".

I haven't purchased the game before. I went into "Your Downloads" to confirm, and also to see if I could re-download it if I had; no download was available.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

zroid

Banned
I used my coins today to get Golf. When I go to the eShop to redeem it, I get the following message:

"No download code is necessary, as you have already purchased this product or downloaded it before".

I haven't purchased the game before. I went into "Your Downloads" to confirm, and also see if I could re-download it if I had. Has anyone else experienced this before?

lolwut. That's weird, do you have a post play survey for it? The only explanation I can think of is someone else bought it but put your CN username in the eShop.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Can't believe Golf is 150, that should be no more than 100. Especially juxtaposed with the likes of Bonsai Barber at 150.

I just can't believe these are the titles they are expecting us to spend coins in.

Sigh there is so much better stuff they could offer, but Nintendo wouldn't dare if it even might take away like one buck of cash they could make.

Keeping my coins for another month.

Roto13

I haven't purchased the game before. I went into "Your Downloads" to confirm, and also to see if I could re-download it if I had; no download was available.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Maybe it accidentally gave you a code for Starship Defense. :p (Do you have that already?)

MarkusRJR

What're the chances of the 3DS XL being worth 200 coins? Also, are different colored 3DS counted as different 3DS on an account? I'm deciding between getting an 3DS XL or a white 3DS but I want the club Nintendo coins. I already have a launch blue 3DS so if I get a white 3DS would I still get 160 coins?

Bii

What're the chances of the 3DS XL being worth 200 coins? Also, are different colored 3DS counted as different 3DS on an account? I'm deciding between getting an 3DS XL or a white 3DS but I want the club Nintendo coins. I already have a launch blue 3DS so if I get a white 3DS would I still get 160 coins?

I'm unsure of the coin worth of a 3DS XL but you won't get any extra coins for registering a different colored 3DS. You can, however, set up a family account and log in as a "family member" to get the coins for the second 3DS.

MarkusRJR

I'm unsure of the coin worth of a 3DS XL but you won't get any extra coins for registering a different colored 3DS. You can, however, set up a family account and log in as a "family member" to get the coins for the second 3DS.
Ew. That's lame. This might be the deal breaker that makes me buy a 3DS XL. :/

Bii

Whoops, sorry for the misleading info. I had assumed you couldn't register two of the same devices so I registered my other 3DS within my family account. :/

Is there any easy way to follow when new games are put up for coins? It seems arbitrary when they do it now. It's no longer every month, right?

Drago

Digital retail games will be sold as gift cards in America alongside boxed copies, right?

It's the deciding factor if I get NSMB2 digital or not. I want those 100 coins but I need to have something physical :p

BooJoh

Is there any easy way to follow when new games are put up for coins? It seems arbitrary when they do it now. It's no longer every month, right?

The first releases we had that weren't a full month were Electroplankton Rec-Rec and Mario Tennis 64, which expired on July 15th and 22nd respectively.

July 15th - 3DS - Starship Defense
July 22nd - Wii - Bonsai Barber until August 5th
July 29th - 3DS - Golf GBVC until August 12th

Going by these dates, it appears that one of the digital games available for coins will change every week, alternating between 3DS and Wii, making each title available for 2 weeks before it gets rotated out for a new game on the same system.

Drago

I really like the new games system they have. A new game every week is nice for keeping up the variety :p

I do wish that they would put up some new rewards soon, or at least put back up the Card Case 18. I need another one :x

The first releases we had that weren't a full month were Electroplankton Rec-Rec and Mario Tennis 64, which expired on July 15th and 22nd respectively.

July 15th - 3DS - Starship Defense
July 22nd - Wii - Bonsai Barber until August 5th
July 29th - 3DS - Golf GBVC until August 12th

Going by these dates, it appears that one of the digital games available for coins will change every week, alternating between 3DS and Wii, making each title available for 2 weeks before it gets rotated out for a new game on the same system.

Interesting. Thanks. I didn't notice there was an actual pattern. I definitely don't want to miss something.

MarkusRJR

this is the weirdest criteria ever
I want a white 3DS but I also want the larger screen and more comfortable form factor of the 3DS XL. If I'm not getting any coins on top of the other factors against the normal 3DS, I might as well get the XL. It's more like the tipping point. That was poorly worded.

IrishNinja

oh...i guess i get it then.
but yeah, its easy to make another account in the family bracket, ill prolly have to do it for dupe codes eventually anyway. for real though, if you can hold out for the holidays, might get lucky and catch a blanco.

Top Bottom