• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

MarkusRJR

oh...i guess i get it then.
but yeah, its easy to make another account in the family bracket, ill prolly have to do it for dupe codes eventually anyway. for real though, if you can hold out for the holidays, might get lucky and catch a blanco.
Wasn't everyone saying that the dude above was wrong and you CAN in fact add 2 different color 3DS and get both of their points? Now I'm confused. :S

IrishNinja

oh...maybe? for hardware that might make sense, dont see why not. i just know for software it's another account but the form literally looks like it takes minutes, if that. i guess i never tried, but you should be cool either way!

I used my coins today to get Golf. When I go to the eShop to redeem it, I get the following message:

"No download code is necessary, as you have already purchased this product or downloaded it before".

I haven't purchased the game before. I went into "Your Downloads" to confirm, and also to see if I could re-download it if I had; no download was available.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

I contacted Customer Support and they discovered it was a glitch in the system and will be sending me a new code. :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kingdom Hearts 3D has both Club Nintendo and Square-Enix Member codes. Woohoo!
What do I get for becoming a Square-Enix member?

Also, can I register two of the same game? I have MK7 already but I bought another copy which I now traded in for KH3DS. So I have an extra MK7 code.

zroid

Banned
Also, can I register two of the same game? I have MK7 already but I bought another copy which I now traded in for KH3DS. So I have an extra MK7 code.

from OP

I have two codes for the same game. Can I register and get coins for them both?
Not on a single account. However, if you really are desperate for those coins, you can set up a family account and link it to your existing account to pool the coins. This allows you to register one game per attached account.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The registration surveys are now up for last week's titles...

Interestingly, Planet Crashers has a 20 coin reg. survey, not a 10 coin one like I was expecting.

Wow, I'm 40 coins short of gold status already. Not bad for 30 days.

At any rate I'm saving up for a Hanafuda cards. Anyone have them? They nice?

Quick question!

I became an "Elite/Platinum" member two or three weeks ago. When I try to order an elite gift I get this error:

"Sorry this item is available for 2012 Platinum members only."

Does this mean I have to wait until next year? Or are they out of rewards and I'm screwed?

EDIT: Crap, just read the OT. So the deadline was July 31st, but it's still ~10pm where I live (SoCal). I take it they're going by Eastern Time?

BooJoh

Quick question!

I became an "Elite/Platinum" member two or three weeks ago. When I try to order an elite gift I get this error:

"Sorry this item is available for 2012 Platinum members only."

Does this mean I have to wait until next year? Or are they out of rewards and I'm screwed?

EDIT: Crap, just read the OT. So the deadline was July 31st, but it's still ~10pm where I live (SoCal). I take it they're going by Eastern Time?

Log in to CN, click Account & Coins, then go to the Coins & Status tab, scroll down to the bottom where it says "Elite Status History."

If it says "2012 Elite Status: Gold" or "2012 Elite Status: Platinum" then you should be able to pick a prize.

If you reached Platinum since July 1st (as in, earned over 600 coins in July) it should say "2013 Elite Status: Platinum" and will be able to pick your reward next year in July 2013.

What I'm guessing happened though, is that you had less than 600 current coins (as in, unspent) on July 1st when the new CN year began, and reached 600 (again, current coins) since then, and the site mistakenly told you you'd reached Platinum. There's an error in the site where upon your current coins reaching 300 or 600 it will congratulate you, even if your coins for that year are above or below the required amount.

Remember, the current coins amount doesn't matter, just the amount for the year, which is stated in parentheses after your status on the page I sent you to above.

BooJoh said:
If you reached Platinum since July 1st (as in, earned over 600 coins in July) it should say "2013 Elite Status: Platinum" and will be able to pick your reward next year in July 2013.
Just checked and this is what happened. I actually created my account after July 1st and reached 600 coins in one day. So I have to wait until next year then.

I hope next year's rewards are much better. Thanks for the help BTW!

Clipper

I hope nobody actually missed out on ordering their gift (although I'm sure we'll get a few, we always do).

Edit: Then again, somebody did say they extended it to August 7th or thereabouts didn't they? I need to confirm that, I guess...

Edit 2: OK, the conformed end date is August 6. Adding to the OP...

bumpkin

Booyah! I decided to hit GameStop and make one last check for some games I've been trying to find used -- had a "buy 2 pre-owned games get 1 pre-owned game free" coupon from renewing my GI sub -- and managed to come away with a copy of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. The best part? It still had the CN code in the case, and it worked!

With that, I'm now a mere 70 coins away from platinum for 2013. Sittin' pretty baby. Sittin' pretty.

Watch 2013's plat reward be something lame again like buttons and playing cards.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Booyah! I decided to hit GameStop and make one last check for some games I've been trying to find used -- had a "buy 2 pre-owned games get 1 pre-owned game free" coupon from renewing my GI sub -- and managed to come away with a copy of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. The best part? It still had the CN code in the case, and it worked!

With that, I'm now a mere 70 coins away from platinum for 2013. Sittin' pretty baby. Sittin' pretty.

Watch 2013's plat reward be something lame again like buttons and playing cards.
Of course it's going to be lame, we're talking about a CN year where they're releasing two pieces of hardware (3DS XL, WiiU).

bumpkin

Of course it's going to be lame, we're talking about a CN year where they're releasing two pieces of hardware (3DS XL, WiiU).
I wish you weren't very likely to be right. :(

On the bright side, if I play my cards right, I'll be in equally as pretty a position for 2014 as well; I'll just sit on my Wii U registration (and 3DS XL if I get one) 'til the year ticks over.

jgkspsx

Next 3DS freebie [Excitebike 3D Classics] confirmed.

Yay! I got my personal 3DS right before the pricedrop, so I missed it. Was planning to transfer it from my wife's 3DS back when I thought 3DS transfers would work like DSi->3DS. Will definitely be getting that one.

Roto13

Yay! I got my personal 3DS right before the pricedrop, so I missed it. Was planning to transfer it from my wife's 3DS back when I thought 3DS transfers would work like DSi->3DS. Will definitely be getting that one.

It's not *actually* confirmed. :p

Roto13

I am exactly 5 coins away from being able to afford a GAme & WAtch collection. :p Good thing I should be getting those Virtual Console post play surveys tomorrow.

IrishNinja

aw man, ive been waiting on the next B2G1 GS stale for some DS titles, didn't even think to check Game Informer. balls.

haha, cant wait to see what's after the playing cards though

Kamek

decided to finally register my games, platinum status for next year. I really like those hanafuda sp? cards, but perhaps something nicer will come along. That pin collection from 2 years back for platinum members looked so dope.

Roto13

Alright! Finally ordered the first Game & Watch collection. I've been meaning to get this for years, but I always end up getting something else for some reason.

And as soon as I get the second collection, I'll have all of the "high tier" prizes. :p

IrishNinja

im telling you, im gonna hit 1200 or whatever this year and the day after i order the game & watch, that zelda statue or something will go up. i can feel it.

jgkspsx

That's funny, the icon for Nintendo DSi Metronome has been replaced with the logo for the black MyNotebook. "I never bought that!" I said.

EDIT: BTW, I ended up using the proceeds from the CN prizes and various preorder gifts to get a new 22" 1080p monitor and a Kinect + 3 games bundle. Kinect is mostly to play around with programming for, but the voice control thing is cool.

NineH

I wonder if Nintendo stopped renewing the expiration dates for older titles since I had a post play survey for Mario Strikers Charged that was set to expire on July 30, 2012 and it didn't renew like it did for older titles like Mario Kart DS and Tetris DS.

I registered Mario Strikers Charged during the first year of Club Nintendo so I thought the expiration date would be renewed like the older titles did. It's only 10 coins but I would have loved to have those coins.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I wonder if Nintendo stopped renewing the expiration dates for older titles since I had a post play survey for Mario Strikers Charged that was set to expire on July 30, 2012 and it didn't renew like it did for older titles like Mario Kart DS and Tetris DS.

I registered Mario Strikers Charged during the first year of Club Nintendo so I thought the expiration date would be renewed like the older titles did. It's only 10 coins but I would have loved to have those coins.

I'm not entirely sure as to how the whole "do reg codes expire?" thing works, but I don't believe we've ever had an item with a displayed expiration date continue to thrive AFTER that date passed.

Clipper

I think the Post Play surveys did renew themselves back in the old days. I always filled out most of my early registration surveys and few Post Plays, and I remember seeing the five year jump in dates on all the titles in my list, so some of those must have been Post Plays.

I'd say that this seems like evidence to show the auto-extension of older titles is over now.

Proof would come from somebody finding an unused code for one of the mentioned games and trying to enter it. Or we could try to find a game that is nearly 5 years after its launch and try to register it either within 120 days or even 7 days of the 5 year mark to see if the surveys get reduced time limits, or even if they appear at all...

NineH

I think the Post Play surveys did renew themselves back in the old days. I always filled out most of my early registration surveys and few Post Plays, and I remember seeing the five year jump in dates on all the titles in my list, so some of those must have been Post Plays.

I have 7 games older than Mario Strikers Charged which still have valid post play surveys as they all appear on my to do list. Maybe this was done to coincide with the coin value changes that happened recently. I suppose the safe bet would be to just fill out all my post play surveys so I don't lose any more coins.

also

Banned
I have two codes from my imported Kirby's Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland that are useless to me. Quote to reveal.

Kirby's Return to dreamland

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Top Bottom