• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm still giddy that they did 8 games this month. I was actually able to grab 5 of them instead of usually 1 or none
I'd say it's very likely that this is the new normal, as it seems that they're moving away from physical rewards to digital. The LEAST they can do in that case is to offer more games.

cacildo

I cant remember right now, but does Pilotwings WiiU usually shows up as a CN reward?

People were talking about Pilotwings on the "mode 7" thread, and i got a suddenly urge to play it, but those vc prices....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember it was a Wii VC reward in 2012 for 150 coins. Don't think the Wii U version has been a reward yet.

Sealtest

So after emailing Nintendo CS about being disappointed they announced the physical version of NES Remix/Remix 2 after platinum rewards went out they made me call them today and actually replaced my NES remix platinum gift with another and let me keep the coins and DDP for it so I could buy the physical version when it comes out.

Pretty great support.

donny2112

So after emailing Nintendo CS about being disappointed they announced the physical version of NES Remix/Remix 2 after platinum rewards went out they made me call them today and actually replaced my NES remix platinum gift with another and let me keep the coins and DDP for it so I could buy the physical version when it comes out.

Pretty great support.

Very nice! I'm still hoping for a discount on Remix 2 if you already own Remix 1 like EU got, but if you wanted physical and were miffed at that terrible announcement timing, that's a great response by Nintendo to leave you satisfied. :)

Ah cool. I know this isn't the Buy/Sell thread, but if anyone wants a platinum game, I'd be willing to trade it for an Amazon(.ca) or PSN (Canadian) gift card. Unfortunately US cards don't work up here.

Cheers.

maxcriden

Pretty great support.

That's awesome! I'm glad to hear you had such a positive experience.

zroid

Banned
When did they stop using Wii / Wii U for the Wii Shop Channel games? I guess too many people complained about being misdirected.

Elija2

I just noticed that the post-play survey for Tomodachi Life asks what kind of people you put on your island (celebrities, friends, family, etc.) and how you imported them (QR code, Mii Maker, made from scratch, etc.). I wonder why they're asking for that kind of information.

donny2112

I just noticed that the post-play survey for Tomodachi Life asks what kind of people you put on your island (celebrities, friends, family, etc.) and how you imported them (QR code, Mii Maker, made from scratch, etc.). I wonder why they're asking for that kind of information.

They want to know how people use the options in their games to see if they're worth the effort, probably.

Shauni

Does anyone happen to know if the amount of time for post-play surveys was shorted very recently? My DKC platinum reward, Mario Golf, and a recent Nintendoland code I put in all had their post-play surveys come up for Sept. 4th. I have surveys for games I bought and redeemed ages ago that have until October or November.

zroid

Banned
Does anyone happen to know if the amount of time for post-play surveys was shorted very recently? My DKC platinum reward, Mario Golf, and a recent Nintendoland code I put in all had their post-play surveys come up for Sept. 4th. I have surveys for games I bought and redeemed ages ago that have until October or November.

Yeah I believe all PPS expire after 1 month now. It was I think 4-5 months before. (And much much longer before that).

zigg

They want to see if it's worth investing in more celebrity endorsements, probably.

i-Jest

How long does it take for DDP to update? I've recently downloaded Game and Wario (Platinum Reward) and my balance hasn't changed to reflect that.

i-Jest

I'm interested in getting Starfox 64 but don't have the coins for it now :( Curious, does Starfox 64 get you any DDP points? if so, how much?

i-Jest

fraid not, since it's a Wii game

Ah yes. I forgot the promo only applies to digital Wii U games. If only I had signed up for DDP before registering Nintendo Land. Oh well. It's the only one that doesn't show up in my points summary so no regrets.

So what games are you all hoping to see next month? Fingers crossed for two of the following:

Wario Land games
Yoshi's Island games
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Harvest Moon
Super Metroid (again)

have I set the bar to high?

DaBoss

So I have NSMBU+NSLU which is from the Wii U bundle I got a few months ago. Will it show up in Club Nintendo once I do my Wii U registration survey? It is a boxed game, not digital.

donny2112

So I have NSMBU+NSLU which is from the Wii U bundle I got a few months ago. Will it show up in Club Nintendo once I do my Wii U registration survey? It is a boxed game, not digital.

I haven't registered my Wii U from the same situation, but when I asked CN Support about it, they said there would be no coins for the game.

Wow that's lame as hell. When I got the Wii U with Nintendoland, I got coins for that just by registering the system. Apparently they don't do that anymore.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ah yes. I forgot the promo only applies to digital Wii U games. If only I had signed up for DDP before registering Nintendo Land. Oh well. It's the only one that doesn't show up in my points summary so no regrets.

So what games are you all hoping to see next month? Fingers crossed for two of the following:

Wario Land games
Yoshi's Island games
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Harvest Moon
Super Metroid (again)

have I set the bar to high?

They don't put up third party VC games do they? If they do I want to see Ogre Battle 64.

i-Jest

Fuck I forgot to redeem my Gold reward before the deadline... ugh. I thought they would send an email reminder a day before or something :(

Call them. Come up with some excuse. I redeemed mine technically after the deadline. My excuse was I tried to redeem my reward but the website bugged out on me so I never got the code in the process. Coincidentally people were experiencing these problems with the website. Around and after that time.

I find calling customer service instead on emailing them is more effective. The CS guy I got was pretty cool about the situation.

Good luck.

Speaking of bundles, anyone get the ZombiU bundle when it was available in NA?

As did I.

They don't usually put the popular games that are still selling on monthly coins, and Wario Land II was just a Gold reward.

Well we got Super Metroid. That was, probably still is, on the charts. If they've done it once then it can happen again. Wario Land 2 was indeed a Gold Reward but Platinum elites had the option to choose from both gold or platinum.

They don't put up third party VC games do they? If they do I want to see Ogre Battle 64.

I can't see them shoveling around the same old first party titles again and again. If digital is the way things are going then they need to continuously create value with games that rival the physical rewards of old. I'd like to think eventually NoA will look at offering 2nd and 3rd party games for Club Nintendo.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Fuck I forgot to redeem my Gold reward before the deadline... ugh. I thought they would send an email reminder a day before or something :(
Me too. :(

i-Jest

Same here, first time getting to to platinum too :-( emailed them but they don't care.

Call them. Don't email them. You'll be waiting at least a week. CALL THEM. Also read my last post. You might still be able to get a reward but you need to act ASAP.

Top Bottom