• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

eggwolio

I wish people would post if they get a code. Thought the Starfox one was still up since no said anything, kind of annoying.

When a code is posted out in the open like that, it's often taken by people who don't have accounts and thus can't post to say they took it.

Tenumi

Banned
So that charger order that I posted about earlier today? Shows as cancelled now. Huh.

Interestingly enough, the e-mails for it weren't titled in English, and were multi-language in the base. How odd.

Doombear

So that charger order that I posted about earlier today? Shows as cancelled now. Huh.

Interestingly enough, the e-mails for it weren't titled in English, and were multi-language in the base. How odd.

Aha, I actually popped in here this morning to see if anyone else got one of these emails earlier. I was quickly distracted by poor Salsa's plight of the Donkey Kongs. Anyway, the emails (got two at the exact same time) were also in multiple languages (Spanish and French) but didn't specify what I had ordered, only that the order was received.

In my account it simply shows a cancelled order. Odd definitely. I think I will follow suit and change up the ol password. I do kind of think it was just some error on their automated reply system, or even having to do with the mess that was the cradle release on the store (I failed about 10 times before getting my two actually ordered back in October).

Shauni

I ended up getting Mario Golf for this month's games. Really enjoyed Mario Tennis, so I'm hoping this is similar. Hoping for Link's Awakening DX next month, been thinking about revisiting that since started ALBW.

donny2112

Use the email tag to hide stuff.

Use Modbot to give away the code, and you have a ton more control and formality around it, too. Doubt it's used much outside the Steam thread, but it's definitely set up to do it! :D

Hoping for Link's Awakening DX next month, been thinking about revisiting that since started ALBW.

It's never been a monthly reward, and it probably never will. The best it had was a sale last November, but at least that was something!

Lemaitre

Banned
Does anyone want a platinum gift code? None of the available games interest me too much.

EDIT: Nrvalleytime got the reward, guys.

Salsa

yeah, I think Donkey Kong is the first 3DS game i'll play with the 3D off (pokemon notwithstanding)

it's just a bummer on the framerate and there's a shit ton of ghosting

Does anyone want a platinum gift code? None of the available games interest me too much.

pmed

maxcriden

yeah, I think Donkey Kong is the first 3DS game i'll play with the 3D off (pokemon notwithstanding)

Come to the 2D side. Games are much more fun that way...you can look at the screen from ANY angle!

zigg

No lie, the ghosting in that game in a demo unit at GameStop put me off XL for several months.

I just needed to be playing a better-done game. 3D works great in just about everything else.

Salsa

Come to the 2D side. Games are much more fun that way...you can look at the screen from ANY angle!

I almost went 2D for Luigi's Mansion since it helps the framerate a ton, but honestly a choppier one there isnt as bad considering the game is slow and the 3D effects are great

fast paced platformer like DK tho..

maxcriden

No lie, the ghosting in that game in a demo unit at GameStop put me off XL for several months.

I just needed to be playing a better-done game. 3D works great in just about everything else.

I almost went 2D for Luigi's Mansion since it helps the framerate a ton, but honestly a choppier one there isnt as bad considering the game is slow and the 3D effects are great

fast paced platformer like DK tho..

Don't get me wrong, Nintendoges, the 3D effect is pretty amazing in some games. I just really love the smoothness of 2D in most games, and not having to worry about negative effects like crosstalk (I think it's that and not ghosting technically) and reduced or choppy framerate.

maxcriden

Anyone have a code for Fluidity [platinum reward] that they don't want? Would love to get this :D

Ah, were you not able to get it through that one poster in the Downloads thread? Try CAG or the B/S/T thread here. I got my codes on here and on there for half price. Well worth it for Fluidity. Just an idea. :)

Well...since other people are doing it: I'll trade any two 200 Coin game for a code of the Platinum DKCR3D.

I say DKCR3D instead of Fluidity since...I mean it costs you a platinum reward either way, so I may aswell go for the highest 3DS one.

And yes, to whoever I did it with I know I traded away my DKC3D for a $10 eShop code. Now I want it digital even though I already have physical lol.

I'll also trade a code for the N64 game and any other game for a $10 eShop Code which you can buy at a store, or pm me the codes from digital deluxe.

I figure I may as well try to get something good with my CN coins considering they aren't putting any physical rewards anymore, which is what I was saving them for :/
They are gonna start now aren't they...

I'll trade 4 Club Nintendo digital rewards for Fluidity

Just reached 11,000 Club Nintendo coins! =D
NO! Now no one will take my offer for something like that!

I only have 720 coins. I can't even try and compete. :(

Well since your basically giving way stuff, I'll take Doctor Mario for free. KTHX.

I'll see myself out.

jokkir

If anyone is interested I'm looking to trade my gold gift + Witcher 2 for Donkey Kong Country Returns. I have most of the gold games anyway so I'm looking to trade it.

If this isn't allowed here please tell me and I'll delete the post.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'll trade 4 Club Nintendo digital rewards for Fluidity

Just reached 11,000 Club Nintendo coins! =D

You've probably already answered this question before, but how the hell did you get that many coins? Taking codes out of used games?

And Salsa, did you ever check to see if your DKCR code was listed in your order inquiries? Never saw you mention that, but it should have had the code if you had previously selected that as a reward.

Zing

Banned
You've probably already answered this question before, but how the hell did you get that many coins? Taking codes out of used games?
I have seen the question posed a few times with no answer. The funny part is that he seems to enjoy getting the coins while simultaneously complaining there is nothing to buy.

Hey Top Hat, order me one of those pink animal crossing pouches! :) you have my address.

Looks like Club Nintendo is down

I buy a lot of 3DS and Wii U; including physical and digital of the same game. I also spoil my niece and two nephews :)

I have seen the question posed a few times with no answer. The funny part is that he seems to enjoy getting the coins while simultaneously complaining there is nothing to buy.

Hey Top Hat, order me one of those pink animal crossing pouches! :) you have my address.

Oh I definitely do Club Nintendo trades for eshop money :D

IrishNinja

god i hope there's a general survey of some kind after the plat awards so i can point out how many times they had to remind me to redeem their shitty shit gift this year

Zing

Banned
Here is something dumb I discovered the hard way. Children under age of 13 can have club nintendo accounts. They can log into website, enter their own codes. Children under age of 13 can also have their own NNID and buy games on the eshop. However, any NNID account under age of 13 cannot link club nintendo account to the eshop.

So, a kid can buy a game at retail and enter the code to earn coins, but a kid cannot earn coins for any digital purchases. I'm sure this is somehow related to the bullshit US laws regarding children under 13 and "privacy".

zroid

Banned
god i hope there's a general survey of some kind after the plat awards so i can point out how many times they had to remind me to redeem their shitty shit gift this year

well there's always the post play survey of the game you eventually redeem, lol

Lexxism

Sweet. I didn't know the "featured game offers" comes with DDP. I'm 3 points away for another $5. I'll probably wait for next month offers.

KarmaCow

The platinum reward deadline is on the 15th, but does that mean the last chance to pick something or the last chance to redeem the code? I know the Mario Kart 8 code expires on Sept 30.

The platinum reward deadline is on the 15th, but does that mean the last chance to pick something or the last chance to redeem the code? I know the Mario Kart 8 code expires on Sept 30.

Last chance to pick a reward. Once picked; the code you get probably is another month or two.

Top Bottom