• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Isotope

Is there a limited supply? I thought they are guaranteeing copies if you buy both?

I have no idea really. I'm only assuming that not everyone who registers both copies will get a soundtrack because they might not have enough to give out.

I'd love to be wrong. My friend is still peeved he couldn't get the OoT 3D soundtrack.

zroid

Banned
Is there a limited supply? I thought they are guaranteeing copies if you buy both?

well the OoT offer was ultra limited (sold out within like a day?). iirc they extended a (slight) olive branch though because so many people missed it.

don't think it's clear if the same will be true here but better safe than sorry!

Busaiku

Ser, I'm kind of worried how the registration will work for that.
The Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem thing was announced after Fire Emblem Awakening came out, so dunno what's gonna be done differently here, if anything.

Soundtrack's my main reason for getting Super Smash Bros for Wii U.

maxcriden

I have no idea really. I'm only assuming that not everyone who registers both copies will get a soundtrack because they might not have enough to give out.

I'd love to be wrong. My friend is still peeved he couldn't get the OoT 3D soundtrack.

well the OoT offer was ultra limited (sold out within like a day?). iirc they extended a (slight) olive branch though because so many people missed it.

don't think it's clear if the same will be true here but better safe than sorry!

Wowza. I guess I better make that a day one priority if I pick up both games. Thanks for the info guys!

i-Jest

Get those preorders in guys. I can't imagine this not being a highly anticipated item, especially since it's a physical reward. A lot of us are starved for something physical. I missed out on the colorful cradles, that also sold out pretty fast, I can't miss this.

I changed my Club Nintendo name earlier and registered a Wind Waker HD download code, but it doesn't show up under registered. My other free game, NSMBU, was registered earlier this day after downloading it but before I changed my Club Nintendo name.

Are my Zelda coins lost in the abyss? Or should I just give it a day to call Nintendo and have them add it?

Edit: it was just super delayed.

iphys

Get those preorders in guys. I can't imagine this not being a highly anticipated item, especially since it's a physical reward. A lot of us are starved for something physical. I missed out on the colorful cradles, that also sold out pretty fast, I can't miss this.

Lol, I actually got one of those cradles, but now with the new 3DS models on the horizon, I guess it won't be so useful.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& to think while we've got 1 more month, Japan only has 10 more days. It's gonna be hard tp avoid spoilers & to resist the urge to look at them.

Speaking of SSB, hopefully we'll learn of the OST's listing near the 3DS release, though I'm sure we'll have to wait close to the Wii U version since it's most likely red disc = 3DS music & blue disc = Wii U music. Or maybe they'll reveal each disc's listing near each game's release.

Zing

Banned
I still want to know if it has more than one game save slot. I am leaning toward digital on my games these days, but if they have more than one save slot, I get retail, so I can share the game. If there is only one save slot, as in Mario Golf or Tomodachi Life, then I would never share the game, so I get digital.

So I guess the early Japan release will help me decide.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Wow... we are down to 3 physical rewards left. That's it. The Animal Crossing DS bags and the other set of Kirby patches are ALL gone.

Wow... we are down to 3 physical rewards left. That's it. The Animal Crossing DS bags and the other set of Kirby patches are ALL gone.

My guess is that rewards with coins will be all digital; while physical rewards will remain for special deals similar to Smash Bros.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My guess is that rewards with coins will be all digital; while physical rewards will remain for special deals similar to Smash Bros.

It probably will and that would suck. Pretty much every digital game I want has already come out as rewards. Well, unless they ever get DKC 2-3 back... still bitter that I missed out on that :/

Javier

I really hope Nintendo doesn't skimp with the Smash soundtrack. CDs are ridiculously easy to mass produce, so don't be afraid of overstocking.

i-Jest

I really hope Nintendo doesn't skimp with the Smash soundtrack. CDs are ridiculously easy to mass produce, so don't be afraid of overstocking.

Exactly. Just make a batch and if orders exceed stock then make more. None of this super limited supply with no chance of restock nonsense.

donny2112

I will use my coins to order all the possible greeting cards remaining that'll force them to get new physical rewards

:lol

That or force the all digital future to come sooner. :p

Would expect more yarn things like from Kirby with Yoshi's release next year, so doubt they're completely done with physical items. They probably like getting more people comfortable with getting stuff from the eShop, though.

:lol

That or force the all digital future to come sooner. :p

Would expect more yarn things like from Kirby with Yoshi's release next year, so doubt they're completely done with physical items. They probably like getting more people comfortable with getting stuff from the eShop, though.

Can't really complain about getting 8 free games a month.

Man, the physical rewards are getting slimmer and slimmer. Nobody wants greeting cards, NoA.

I think you nailed down the exact reason why the cards are still around...

I'm actually surprised that they took down the screen savers. Only Nintendo can run out of a digital commodity like screen savers.

I just learned that that those of us who register both games will get a soundtrack through Club Nintendo. Smash is the gift that keeps on giving I swear.

Edit: wrong thread but still relevant.

i-Jest

I think you nailed down the exact reason why the cards are still around...

I'm actually surprised that they took down the screen savers. Only Nintendo can run out of a digital commodity like screen savers.

No one gave a sh** about the screen savers. Well, that was my impression. The sooner they went down the better.

TehOh

Man, if they are going all-digital, they really need to start offering new games. They've had nothing interesting (that I didn't already have) for some time.

I haven't even bothered registering all of my codes for platinum yet this year. Can't be arsed to fill out surveys if they can't be arsed to offer good rewards.

Shauni

Talks about the OOT soundtrack makes me nervous. It's no issue to get the 3DS version of Smash to register since it comes out well before, but man, I'm going to hate if it sells out by the time I get the physical copy of the Wii U version. I have it pre-ordered, but on a standard shipping option through BestBuy, so I have no idea if I'll get it right on release, so it's really pressuring me into just saying fuck it and getting it digital, though I don't particularly want to. Damn you Nintendo, with your CDs that I want more than I should.

No one gave a sh** about the screen savers. Well, that was my impression. The sooner they went down the better.

Trust me, I had the same response. But they were there for what seems like FOREVER. Even after screen savers in general died out, Nintendo kept those thing priced ridiculously high and on the rewards page lol. Pretty amazing.

But yes, glad to see them gone. Although some more physical rewards would be nice. Even Europe gets some nice stuff compared to us I think.

Cody_D165

Banned
Man I'm half tempted to actually pick up the Zelda posters... I loved ALBW. But I might just save the coins in hope digital rewards will be good in the coming months or they put up some new merch for Smash
lol who am I kidding

Toki767

Man I'm half tempted to actually pick up the Zelda posters... I loved ALBW. But I might just save the coins in hope digital rewards will be good in the coming months or they put up some new merch for Smash
lol who am I kidding

You're safe. They're sold out.

Shauni

I'm tempted to buy that Pikmon tote, just because there's a chance we'll get shit all for physical rewards from here on out, but eh, I really just don't think I'd have any use for it.

Shauni

Another thing I just noticed: my post-play survey for Sakurai Samurai (which I bought on the current sale for $1.99) has changed to 2 Fast 4 Gnomz.

Man I don't know what to do. If I hit "get it now" am I locked into the purchase? Kinda just want to see if it's really in stock or not.

51JBmfg.jpg

casiopao

To fellow Gaffers who had Club Nintendo account here, considering that I am legible for Smash Bros soundtrack CD as I am not in US right now, is it possible for me to ship the CD to other houses/adresses for some of them to gain the reward?(Maybe for a price I guess)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
At times like this I wish we had to option of getting like $5 eShop credits with our coins... I believe the EU store does.

To fellow Gaffers who had Club Nintendo account here, considering that I am legible for Smash Bros soundtrack CD as I am not in US right now, is it possible for me to ship the CD to other houses/adresses for some of them to gain the reward?(Maybe for a price I guess)

Depends. Where are you located?

Top Bottom