• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Shauni

I just got a Wii-U recently and noticed there aren't any n64 games on the eshop. Why?

No one is entirely sure. It was said that they were coming, but that was around the same time that they said GBA titles were also coming. Those are here and coming at a steady trickle, but not a word has been said about N64 titles since.

So my wii u and 3dsxl got stolen... Do I need to contact nintendo to get my accounts locked?

No you need to contact the police and maybe Nintendo will help you, more than likely not, as everything is locked to each console.
You might be able to buy new hardware and have them transfer the licenses pending the stolen hardware isn't wiped and your Nintendo ID deleted. In which case you'll get nothing back.

Shauni

No you need to contact the police and maybe Nintendo will help you, more than likely not, as everything is locked to each console.
You might be able to buy new hardware and have them transfer the licenses pending the stolen hardware isn't wiped and your Nintendo ID deleted. In which case you'll get nothing back.

If you can get an official police report, won't they unlock your IDs from the stolen consoles? I thought this was the case.

If you can get an official police report, won't they unlock your IDs from the stolen consoles? I thought this was the case.

IDK about that, if the ID is wiped, not sure of the process there. If you can get a new console ASAP, I'd recommend doing that and have the license transferred ASAP. That I know they can do, as I have done that in the past.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New games are up, expires Oct. 12th:

• Mario Bros (Wii U, 200 coins)
  • Kirby Super Star (Wii U, 200 coins)
  • Super Punch-Out (Wii VC, 250 coins)
  • NES Play Action Football (Wii VC, 200 coins)
  • Super Mario Bros. (3DS VC, 200 coins)
  • Touch Solitaire (DSiWare via 3DS, 150 coins)
  • Legend of Zelda (NES) (3DS VC, 200 coins)
  • Pictobits (DSiWare via 3DS, 200 coins)

Kirby Super Star yeeeeeeeeessssss

Well that's thoroughly disappointing.

I guess I'm in for Kirby Super Star, as it's actually pretty good. I'd be in for Super Punch Out but I'm only doing Wii U VC games from here on out. Plus I own Zelda on 3DS already.

I was hoping it was Super Mario Bros for Wii U, not Mario Bros :(

edit: oh, and why is Super Punch Out 250 coins?

hoserx

Ugh. Another month of nothing I want....... QQ, I know.......but still. Wish there were more native WiiU rewards and less Wii rewards.

Toki767

I could have sworn most of these were already given out in some form.

rekameohs

Banned
I'm a fan of both NES Punch-Out and Wii Punch-Out, is Super worth spending a whole 250 coins + $1.50 on?

edit: eh, I'll get Kirby instead. Haven't played any of those.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Pictobits is criminally underrated. Everyone should buy that if they can... game is so fun.

Richie

I'm a fan of both NES Punch-Out and Wii Punch-Out, is Super worth spending a whole 250 coins + $1.50 on?

edit: eh, I'll get Kirby instead. Haven't played any of those.

If you change your mind later, hell yeah it is worth it. Kirby Super Star is very much a classic too, though.

Absolutely nada for me this month. Only VC game I don't have there is Mario Bros, and I can't justify spending a cent in it considering there's a much, much better version of it included with Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.

Roo

Guess I'll get Kirby Super Star.
I have all the other games. This is getting ridiculous.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pictobits is criminally underrated. Everyone should buy that if they can... game is so fun.
Really wish it got a 3DSware sequel....though this is, what, the 3rd time it's been given out as a reward?

I still have Kirby Super Star's cartridge plus the DS enhanced port, along with Super Punch-Out's cartridge. Otherwise, I already got SMB & LoZ on 3DS thanks to the Ambassador program & there's nothing else I want.

Any new physical items? Was hoping for that Yoshi plushie since it showed up in the EU CN.
Sadly, no. I'm hoping we get that plush & I've been building up a decent amount of coins again after getting the Luigi's Mansion figurine (have 895 coins now).

Not only are they putting really old games for redemption, but it seems like they're running out of physical rewards too.
Seriously, it's starting to feel like they've run out of games to give out & we're getting repeats, which is even more noticeable when we're getting 8 games per month now. I really do wish that getting rid of/running out of the older physical rewards meant they were making room for new stuff, but I'm starting to doubt it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They wont be touching the GBA VC anytime soon, eh?
Maybe eventually, they'll phase out the Wii VC and exchange it for GBA VC. I would totally get Superstar Saga for 250 coins despite having the cartridge.

Wish they would give out the other art styles as rewards. I only rember cubello and pictobits being given out.
I really wish this as well, since I had all of them on my DSi, but never got to transfer my stuff to my 3DS. I'd totally get Boxlife again.

Jakoo

Kirby Superstar it is, one of the few SNES Nintendo games I never owned. I think I rented it back in the day, though.

Kirby Superstar is a perfect Club Nintendo game--the type of game I wouldn't want to spend any money on, but would love to have on my system on the off-chance I want to boot it up.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wish they would give out the other art styles as rewards. I only rember cubello and pictobits being given out.

I know they gave out Aquia as well since I've got that on my 3DS. There's another one as well, but I can't remember offhand. Rotohex or Rotozoa, one of those. But that's all, I think.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'll definitely pick up kirby Super Star, it's a great game and it'll be nice to be able to play it on the game pad.

Griss

It's BS that Super Punch Out isn't the Wii U version but I'm still going to get it and upgrade. At least that saves me 6 or 7 bucks, that's not so bad.

I never like Kirby games that aren't spin-off ones (I loved Canvas Curse and Epic Yarn) but I'm gonna give Super Star a go as well. At least there's two SNES games there I haven't played.

Getting free VC games is infinitely better than physical rewards to me, so props to Nintendo for that.

Watch it be for games that just went on sale, or will be on sale next week.

Super Mario Bros 3, Punch-Out!!, and The Legend of Zelda.

I wouldn't be shocked.

Holy shit that was spot on.

Okay, I'm a little shocked.

So either NoA is utterly predictable, or I'm a Time Lord. Or both.

Isn't Super Punch-Out!! on the Wii U? Why can't they just put it up on there? Hmmm, maybe I'll get Super Star, Punch Out!! on the Wii, and then upgrade.

I never like Kirby games that aren't spin-off ones (I loved Canvas Curse and Epic Yarn) but I'm gonna give Super Star a go as well. At least there's two SNES games there I haven't played.

Kirby Super Star is probably the best mainline Kirby game. If you don't like that one, then you'll probably never like a mainline Kirby game. It's the absolute best.

Is Kirby Super Star a normal Kirby game? I was under the impression it involved a bunch of smaller games.

It's a normal Kirby game. The smaller games are really the same gameplay, but with slightly altered rules. One is a re-creation of the original Kirby's Dream Land, one involves a time limit, one involves switching between permanently acquired powers, one is more exploration based. But it's all the same engine. There are also a couple of fun mini-games, as well as a Boss Rush. It's an amazing game.

EDIT: Also, I would like to add that nearly all of it is two-player compatible. And it can be really fun!

Top Bottom