• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I take it that the 3DS can't "smudge" an icon between two icons to push them apart huh? Really makes organizing my 3DS icons a chore.

I'm glad I snagged the Pikmin totebag for the wife a while back when I had the chance; it's the nicest physical item I've seen in the NA store. Very nice quality IRL too.

It's actually worst. They get points for the Wii shop not the Wii u eShop

It's annoying to switch into the Wii menu to play those games but there is a ton of great stuff only available in the Wii eShop, especially N64. Majora's Mask, Paper Mario, Starfox, Kart 64, etc. I would happily take Wii credit for the coins although some of the best stuff has already been offered as rewards.

Although the Deluxe Wii U digital promotion they have is nice too, where you get $5 Wii U eShop credit for every $50 you spend in the eShop. I've already gotten $20 out of it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The Intend to Buy survey for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is up. Survey expires September 26th.

guys, we're almost there.
Fuck yeah. Only a month away...

Quick question: I never complete the downloadable version ITB surveys, if I end up getting Smash digital I won't get the extra coins unless I fill that survey even though I did that for the physical one correct?

donny2112

Is there a general email for Club Nintendo support? Really want to ask them to lengthen the 30-day post play survey time limit. Very often don't get to playing (and most definitely not finishing) the game in 30 days, so I end up keep holding off buying the game, since I probably won't have time to play it in that 30 days. :(

Platy

Just bought WiiU's Sonic Kart Transformed and ... it did not came with a club nintendo code o_O

Is it normal or the store fucked up ?

Isotope

Just bought WiiU's Sonic Kart Transformed and ... it did not came with a club nintendo code o_O

Bought the physical version, right? Pretty sure it didn't come with a CN code. Not all 3rd party games come with one.

G0523

Not all Wii U and 3DS games have Club Nintendo codes. Especially not ones where Nintendo wasn't directly involved.

Platy

I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with it because mine didn't either :(

Bought the physical version, right? Pretty sure it didn't come with a CN code. Not all 3rd party games come with one.

It's normal. Not all 3rd party games are eligible or have codes in them. The download version of Transformed would have given you coins, but not the retail according to this list.

MEH

That explains why it was sooooooooooo cheap xD

donny2112

MEH

That explains why it was sooooooooooo cheap xD

Cheapness of game has no bearing on it having Club Nintendo coins or not. Nintendogs + Cats has been $5 before, and it has CN coins. It's also first-party, though. Very few third-party games have CN coins, regardless of actual cost of the game.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Is there a general email for Club Nintendo support? Really want to ask them to lengthen the 30-day post play survey time limit. Very often don't get to playing (and most definitely not finishing) the game in 30 days, so I end up keep holding off buying the game, since I probably won't have time to play it in that 30 days. :(
Methinks you're taking the surveys too seriously. Just BS them if you have to. I'm pretty sure that's what a lot of people do anyway.

iphys

Lol: the number of times I've played a game for all of 2 minutes of late just to do the post-play before it expires. If Nintendo is going to give us so little time for post-plays, then they get what they get.

Lol: the number of times I've played a game for all of 2 minutes of late just to do the post-play before it expires. If Nintendo is going to give us so little time for post-plays, then they get what they get.

Since when do you have to play the game for the post play? Pretty sure it unlocks automatically after x days no?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
What I am still waiting for with digital rewards:

-Metroid (console version, since I think only the 3DS version has been put out)
-Yoshi's Story (seriously, where is it??)
-Pokemon Rumble (the original one for Wii, although I doubt it ever will)
-Sin and Punishment (would love this too but doubtful)

-Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger (likely, since the first game has been up)
-Pokemon Battle Trozei (still a newer game, so probably not right away)

As far as first party Nintendo games go as rewards (unless they ever renew the DKC contract...) that's honestly all I want :/ Things like Conker and Pokemon Stadium will never see the light of day on VC anyways, so unless the above show up, I guess I'll keep saving the coins for some possible random good item they throw up.

donny2112

Can't honestly say anything about the game without at least a first impression.

Yeah. I'd like to actually say something relevant in the post-plays, so 30 days makes that difficult when a game you want comes out, but a backlog is taking precedence. :/

me0wish

Hey guys, could use some advice.
I had my club Nintendo account linked to my American Wii U account and forgot to link back to my Canadian account when I wanted to purchase stuff on my 3ds. The games I purchased did not register, is there a way to fix this? I tried relinking and then buying other stuff, but the games I bought before are not registering.

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new Club Nintendo digital rewards will be this month. I'm hoping for some solid 3DS offerings to add to the library.

Does anyone know when they update the rewards? Is it around midnight?

iphys

What if one of these days, Nintendo actually makes a new Urban Champion that's Club Nintendo exclusive.

I'd happily redeem for an exclusive Punch-Out Urban Champion game where you get to play as Little Mac and absolutely wreck that Urban Champion dude. Soda Popinski could throw bottles from the windows and laugh like a madman, and the cops could drive by chasing Doc Louis on a bike.

zulux21

Gah, when did nintendo start having the club nintendo codes printed on the reverse side of the cover instead of it's own sheet @_@
makes it so much harder to register as well as harder to remove to confirm i have used it >.<

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gah, when did nintendo start having the club nintendo codes printed on the reverse side of the cover instead of it's own sheet @_@
makes it so much harder to register as well as harder to remove to confirm i have used it >.<

Maybe they feel to many people steal the codes from the likes of gamestop?

zulux21

Maybe they feel to many people steal the codes from the likes of gamestop?

idk, but it was a huge pain with the layton x wright game :/
though on the flip side I suppose it's more likely that if I pick up a game second hand the code will be included.

I buy enough games though that I reach plat well before I run out of games to register so I just put those games to the side to use next year and keep track by throwing away used codes... now I have to sharpie cross out them :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
idk, but it was a huge pain with the layton x wright game :/
though on the flip side I suppose it's more likely that if I pick up a game second hand the code will be included.

I buy enough games though that I reach plat well before I run out of games to register so I just put those games to the side to use next year and keep track by throwing away used codes... now I have to sharpie cross out them :(
Just keep a spreadsheet with the codes that you haven't registered. It makes it so easy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really hope Nintendo gets N64 titles on the Wii U sometime this year, I'd easily pay $2-$2.50 to "upgrade" all my games. That, or let me use the Gamepad's controls in Wii Mode. I usually play Virtual Console games in bed on the gamepad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What're the chances Nintendo will put SSB on N64 as one of the free games in honor of SSB 3DS coming out in a month? Or ya think they'll wait until closer to the Wii U version?

Top Bottom