• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Wanted to cross post my farewell:

Well atleast I just got Kid Icarus Of Myth and Minsters a couple nughts ago as one last reward. NOA of course shafted us a many of times, but many of great physical collector's items were purchased from CN that I have enjoyed and as it mostly stopped physical rewards, a few digital games to go along with it. (This post is meaningless if NOA doesn't discontinue lol.)

So long Club Nintendo. Thanks for the Animal Crossing DS Case, General DS Case, 3DS Case, Hanafuda Cards, Game & Watch: Ball, Wii Party, Pink WiiMote, $25 Dominos Pizza card, Kid Icarus 2, Dr. Mario, Mario Golf, Mario Hat, Mario Pins, 2013 Posters, Majora's Mask CD, Ocarina of Time CD, Platinum Cards, Zelda Poster Set, 2013 Platinum Poster Set, A Link Betwen Worlds Poster Set, Smash Poster Set, and anything else I may have forgotten that I bought.

Well...holy shit looking back, NOA did fucking fantastic. Farewell, Club Nintendo. I will remember you with.

PS: I now have nowhere to put the posters lol.

Didn't post much in this thread, but I have enjoyed getting the physical collectables greatly!

Hmmm, I just realized, will this affect the Mewtwo DLC in any way, considering it's out in Spring? Granted, seems there'll be some kind of new loyalty program to replace it, so maybe they'll give it out then.

Edit: "In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015."

So basically, we get our Gold/Platinum reward 3 months early, but thye're STILL digital games....well, hopefully the selection will be good. Still holding out for something special for those who were Platinum every year.

Ah, so there will be another platinum reward. I can't check CN since its down but I think I'm like 170 or so coins away, can anyone help me get to Platinum? (I have no spare codes....) And of course, I just spent my coins on Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsers and now have 0 coins for any physical rewards they introduce next month. So I'll accept all codes anyone can spare to secure one last good physical item. In addition, I might be willing to buy items (not until early February as I have no money) how much anyone to be willng to pay in coins for a $10 eShop, PSN, or XBL code, anyone? Or perhaps I can secure a deal to pay $10 or $20 for a item that someone can ship to me later in the month when the items go up? Maybe $10 for an item upto 500 coins then $20 for anything higher? Just throwing things out there. Since the physical items could be really good. (If anyone wants to do this, then it probably can't be with eShop credit since I'll need to put it on amazon and then pay with PSN or XBL.)

Well anywayz if anyone wants to help out with codes, then I'd appreciate it! Can't remember everything,but this is a partial list of games I don't own and have no codes for:

WiiU:
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Captain Toad
Retail NES Remix (Gotdigital versions s dunno if that would affect this.
Wonderful 101
Game & Wario
Super Smash Bros WiiU

WiiU 3rd party:
I dunno if any WiiU games have CN coins since I remember them not at launch, but the only 3rd parties I got are ZombiU and COD: Black Ops II.

3DS:
Nintendogs: Any edition that isn't French Bull dog.
Spirit Camera
Animal Crossing (Got digital but pretty sure physical also counts coins.)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (See Above)
Super Smash Bros. 3DS (See Above)
Art Academy (See Above)
Mario Golf (See Above)
Pokemon X (See Above)
Yoshi's New Island
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokemon Alpha Saphire

3DS 3rd party: (Dunno which of these have CN coins, but throwing out some top ones.)
All Atlus games except the two I own, SMTIV and Devil Survivor
Sklanders: Trap Team
All Sonic Games
All Square Enix Games

Wii:
Kirby's Return to Dream Land

DS:
Pokemon Heart Gold
Pokemon White 2

I can't think of anymore off the top of my head but I most likely will once I post this haha.

If anyone can help out for free I'd like that (obviously) but I may be willing to buy codes or just physical items once they are revealed and would like to secure deals for tha before the items are reaveled if possible since they could sell out quickly. (Hopefully its like Platinum items and its a on demand type thing.)

I'll repost the codes for anyone who didn't saw them:

Nintendogs+Cats (don't remenber wich version) : BV7WGR9MLYUR77
Mario Kart 7: 8WGQY2YY5GJL6C
New Mario 2: WA2Q2Z974XH6NC
Nintendogs+Cats (not the same as the first one) : 4XMEV4RR9MN6EG

Ventara

These were all already taken. Tried them all earlier.

-Horizon-

Just FYI, you should put them in email tags so that only people registered on GAF can see them.

I'm 35 coins away from Platinum and still need to pick up Treasure Tracker, so I'll have made Platinum every year the program was in place. Hopefully it's a really kick ass elite status gift this time, since it is technically the last one.

-Horizon-

How do I do that?

[EMAIL=".") [EMAIL)

^ Basically these tags ^

Well, change the ) to bracket.

Just put in a back slash for that last [/email] and put whatever you want to hide in the quotations.

When you're posting, its that little picture of the mail letter next to the images tag picture. Just put in a period when it asks you to put something in. Then erase it.

The number of coins currently in my account: 2020
The number of old surveys waiting to be done: 29
The number of unused CN codes I'm sitting on: 23
The value of the current CN rewards to me: Worthless

Seriously though, there are some good games there but I already have them and the physical rewards are not enticing. Here's hoping for February.

EDIT - In hindsight I should have bought the Luigi statue. I could have at the time but I didn't think it looked all that great and it was expensive. Now it seems like a wasted opportunity.

[EMAIL=".") [EMAIL)

^ Basically these tags ^

Well, change the ) to bracket.

Just put in a back slash for that last [/email] and put whatever you want to hide in the quotations.

When you're posting, its that little picture of the mail letter next to the images tag picture. Just put in a period when it asks you to put something in. Then erase it.
Cool, I'll do this next time! Thanks :)

vgamer1

As far as I can tell. the elite gifts will only be games:

2015 Elite Status

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really, really hope Nintendo does something special for those who were Platinum all 7 years. Heck, even if it was just those Gold Mario statues that Japan got a few years back, I'd still see it as Nintendo's way of showing thanks to their most loyal members.

Prophane33

Outside of the Mario hat and Hanafuda cards, I was never a big fan of the physical goods. I would usually go for the gold level reward, despite being platinum. Going to be nice having a bigger selection of digital games to choose from to get rid of this big stack of coins.

vgamer1

Outside of the Mario hat and Hanafuda cards, I was never a big fan of he physical goods. I would usually go for the gold level reward, despite being platinum. Going to be nice having a bigger selection of digital games to choose from to get rid of this big stack of coins.

The elite gifts don't cost coins. You get to choose one game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got my NES Remix 2 shirt today. Glad I went with XL because it's nice & snug, but still loose enough to not feel tight,

Prophane33

The elite gifts don't cost coins. You get to choose one game.

Correct. I'm saying that Club Nintendo's physical goods selection/rewards never did anything for me. Despite always being platinum I would usually avoid physical rewards or redeeming coins for physical goods, THUS I have a ton of coins. They are adding a bunch of digital downloads to help people spend coins next month -- this pleases me.

vgamer1

Correct. I'm saying that Club Nintendo's physical goods selection/rewards never did anything for me. Despite always being platinum I would usually avoid physical rewards or redeeming coins for physical goods, THUS I have a ton of coins. They are adding a bunch of digital downloads to help people spend coins next month -- this pleases me.

Ah, I just learned how to read. Sorry!

Does anyone here think we should make a Club Nintendo code giveaway thread? There are some people here who don't need/want the codes they have just as there are people who want to get more coins. It might be best to make a thread dedicated to this.

BooJoh

As for this month's games, I have all except Excitebike Wii U, and I don't want that since I have the 3D Classics version.

Here's hoping they add some cool stuff in Feb and that the physical rewards don't sell out instantly.

I've got 790 coins atm and still sitting on about 100 coins worth of surveys.

My Haul:

Physical:
Game & Watch Collection
Mario Hat
Mario Characters Figurine
Game & Watch Collection 2
Button Set
Giant AR Card
History of Hendhelds Cards
Kid Icarus AR Card Pack
3DS Game Card Case x 2
Platinum Mario Playing Card Set
Animal Crossing Fireworks Fan
Luigi/Pikmin/Zelda Platinum Posters
Animal Crossing Game Card Case
Zelda Game Card Case
Animal Crossing Poster Set
Smash Bros Poster Set

Digital:
Grill-Off With Ultra Hand
3D Classics Xevious
Super Mario Kart
Kirby's Dream Land
Mario's Picross
3D Classics Urban Champion
Donkey Kong GB
Pilotwings
Super Punch-Out!!
3D Classics Twinbee
Paper Mario
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Kirby's Pinball Land
Super Mario RPG
F-Zero X
Super Mario Bros 3
Zoda's Revenge
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels
Pikmin 3
Game & Wario
Hyrule Warriors Ganon DLC
Kirby's Dream Course
Wrecking Crew
A Kappa's Trail
Kid Icarus: Of Myths & Monsters
Kirby's Dream Land 3

Plus demo codes for Tomodachi Life, SSB, Pokemon ORAS, and MH4U, and whatever I spend the rest of my coins on.

bQdPr8w.png

For all the complaints people had, I'm quite happy with the haul of stuff I got through CN simply for filling out surveys for stuff I was going to buy anyway.

Roo

Does anyone here think we should make a Club Nintendo code giveaway thread? There are some people here who don't need/want the codes they have just as there are people who want to get more coins. It might be best to make a thread dedicated to this.

Seems like a good idea to me.
They will expire anyway so why don't help people if you have codes to spare.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I recall getting:

- Every single Platinum reward (Mario hat, figurine, buttons, deck of cards, Majora's Mask OST, & free game, then whatever free game they'll give out this year)
- Messenger bag (one with the Power Star)
- NES Remix 2 shirt
- Gold Nunchuk controller
- SMB Setsu fan
- SMB Commemorative Pin (I think D?)
- Kirby 20th Anniversary pin
- Luigi's Mansion figurine
- Punch-Out NES (3DS)
- Kirby's Dream Course (just to get the DDP points for another $5)
- Metroid II
- Mario's Picross
- Art Style: Pictobits
- Pilotwings
- Metal Torrent
- OoT 3D OST
- SSB OST & Mewtwo
- Ganondorf DLC costumes
- Wind Waker HD via MK8 promo
- DKCR 3D
- Kid Icarus Uprising card pack
- $30 eShop from FE:A & SMT4

Overall, I must say I did rather decent. Heck, I still have stuff from when you registered games before Club Nintendo was a thing, like the Feather Pen shaped stylus for Phantom Hourglass & the pink stylus for Kirby: Canvas Curse.

So the final Platinum/Elite gifts will be in March? Am I reading that right? Too bad my NES Remix shirt (which I still haven't received) cut me down to about 450 coins, now I'm dreading that the final physical rewards will be totally ace. :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They'll be available the entire month of April. & I'm in the same situation as you. Hell, that's the EXACT number of coins I have left as well.

Looks like overall, I earned 6,620 coins from all the games I registered & surveys I took.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I spent actual money on Urban Champion, knowing what it was, but hoping by supporting 3D Classics that Nintendo would continue the series. They didn't. :(

bumpkin

I really can't complain about the swag I've gotten over the years, but the fact that the quality (and quantity) of rewards has gotten worse and worse, maybe a change was needed.

Looking at my history, here was my CN haul over the years:

- Super Mario Hat (Plat Reward)
- Zelda Poster Set
- Super Mario Family Figurine (Plat Reward)
- Hanufada cards
- Blue Pouch w/ Mario patch
- Red Pouch w/ Mario patch
- Super Mario Bros. Button Set (Plat Reward)
- Zelda Poster Set 2 (Plat Reward)
- Mario vs DK for 3DS VC
- Xevious 3D Classic for 3DS
- Dr. Mario Express for 3DS
- Mario's Picross for 3DS VC
- Kid Icarus AR Card Pack
- Art Style: Pictobits for 3DS VC
- Four 3DS Card Cases
- Mario Playing Card Set (Plat Reward)
- Super Punch-Out!! for Wii VC
- Gold Nunchuk
- Zelda: Majora's Mask OST (Plat Reward)
- $30 eShop credit from Fire Emblem/SMTIV
- Green 3DS charging cradle
- Blue 3DS charging cradle
- Pokemon Y for 3DS
- Pikmin 3 for Wii U
- Game & Wario for Wii U (Plat Reward)
- Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf costume DLC

I've enjoyed the program these past many years. I'm surprised so much time has passed. I've made Platinum every year except the first two years where I reached gold.
I just redeemed my last few coins a couple weeks ago on the card cases and I couldn't be happier. I now have six of them! Which should be enough space for all my games currently and for the ones coming out in the future. I have four perfectly filled at this time and will go into my fifth one when monster hunter and Zelda come out next month.
I also enjoyed the animal crossing pouches they had up for a while. Great little soft pouches.
I'm pretty bummed my elite status won't transfer over, I am quite proud of my platinum statuses lol
But, I'm looking forward to the next program. I think it needs an overhaul!

L.O.R.D

Now you have no choice but to wait for something better this February. Save them coins up bruh.

i only have like 800 coins , and most of the digital shit in the club not even worth downloading
i doubt they will put anything better

i can get that case from ebay for $20 , but shipping to my country will cost me $30

so its $50 at least to get an empty case

RoadDogg

I'm curious what the new program will end up being, but I think it is a safe bet that it will be closer to the DDP program instead of physical rewards. Maybe there is an overhauled Wii U/3DS account system coming as well that will better tie into it.

Either way I can't complain about the free stuff I got. I just wish I got credit for all of the GC stuff I registered back in the day. I was so excited when the current program was announced because I thought I was going to be swimming in coins without having to do a thing. But alas it was not meant to be :(. The GC Mario Golf Tournament prizes were still the best/most unique stuff I got from club nintendo.

Reminder that you can get 30 free coins if you have a 3DS. Just download the free games Steel Diver: Sub Wars and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. They give 5 points each for registration and 10 points each for Post Play survey.

I was able to get from 990 to 1000 with it, I feel better with that number.

Very good idea, thanks!

Zeeman

Oh, is this where we list off our Club Nintendo haul?

Wii
Super Mario Kart
Link to the Past
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario
Fluidity

3DS
Mario's Picross
Donkey Kong '94

Wii U
Kirby Super Star
NES Remix