• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

kyo2004

Reminder that you can get 30 free coins if you have a 3DS. Just download the free games Steel Diver: Sub Wars and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. They give 5 points each for registration and 10 points each for Post Play survey.

I was able to get from 990 to 1000 with it, I feel better with that number.

Excellent info man, thanks... :D (it works)... 15 coins less for my Platinum Status... :D

i-Jest

Reminder that you can get 30 free coins if you have a 3DS. Just download the free games Steel Diver: Sub Wars and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. They give 5 points each for registration and 10 points each for Post Play survey.

I was able to get from 990 to 1000 with it, I feel better with that number.

Any apps that give out free coins?

Is there any chance Nintendo can help me out with registering my 3DS even though I don't have the Pin# anymore? I'm probably screwed but I figured it'd be worth a shot to try and contact Nintendo.

Is there any point registering games now? I might as well right? They won't take any CN codes in the future anyways.

Might as well. They said there will be limited physical rewards coming up next month.

I have 400 coins so far, so I hope there won't be anything over that if I can't find any more codes.

Sora_N

Bundled with a Wii U? If so, register the system (or give it a few minutes, site's funky today).

I registered it already when I got it I think, maybe I already did a survey. Site is taking super long to load though so can't check.

Dec 8, 2014 Coins Added - Wii U Deluxe System 160

Don't see anything for Nintendoland or 3D World, ah well not like the coins matter that much at this point.

I'm gonna hold off a week or two but I want Super Metroid and/or Punchout if there's nothing else good.

Hm...

"Dozens of downloadable games and a limited quantity of exclusive reward items will be added to the rewards catalog in February."

How limited are we talking here?

BasilZero

I registered it already when I got it I think, maybe I already did a survey. Site is taking super long to load though so can't check.

Dec 8, 2014 Coins Added - Wii U Deluxe System 160

Don't see anything for Nintendoland or 3D World, ah well not like the coins matter that much at this point.

I'm gonna hold off a week or two but I want Super Metroid and/or Punchout if there's nothing else good.

For some reason 3D World and NintendoLand didnt have codes for me either...maybe thats normal?

je_ssi e

Wii games don't work anymore I think.

Was this confirmed?

As far as I know, there is still some on the eligibility product list, unless that was voided by this recent announcement.
I'm sure there may be some that don't work, but (at least a few) Wii games still go through.

0ab95ada9d.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A shame the downloadable Wii games (Punch-Out & Metroid Prime Trilogy) won't count since they said anything released after today won't be accepted. That includes stuff like Kirby & The Rainbow Curse, Majora's Mask 3D, Codename Steam, & the New 3DS XL itself (despite still being eligible in EU).

webkatt

Update:

Wii U was automatically added for me. I searched through the box and there was no CN code. Turned on the Wii U and saw it was already linked.

So close to platinum, Need 50 coins!

zroid

Banned
I doubt any of the products currently available are going to be eligible for the new rewards program, so there's probably no reason to wait. If you aren't sure though, you could always ask Nintendo directly.

Didn't get into CN until the Wii days so I missed out on some GC promos (there was a Zelda one I think) but I definitely got a bunch of great stuff. Missed out on the Luigi's Mansion figurine though.

The writing was on the wall though when the program got more popular and their physical rewards catalogue couldn't keep up.

SmithnCo

I need like 300 more to have been plat for all years, gonna be tricky to do that.

I hope their new rewards thing takes amiibos into account.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hopefully whatever replaces CN will have a site that doesn't take 4 hours to log in to. No matter when I've tried to log in there over the past couple years it always takes way too long to navigate the site.

donny2112

Pack-ins were supposed to get registered when you connect your Wii U eShop account to your Club Nintendo account but idk

There were reports that Nintendoland did, but NSMBU/NSLU combo didn't for me. Sounds like the SM3DW/NL combo isn't for others, either.

Edit:
Yeah, Nintendo had some great bonuses for registering stuff over the years. Zelda Collection, Brain Age styluses, warranty extensions (scoff until you need it in that extra 3 months :p ). And that was before official Club Nintendo. If you looked at it as a bonus for stuff you were already getting, it was always a nice-to-have. :)

Hopefully whatever replaces CN will have a site that doesn't take 4 hours to log in to. No matter when I've tried to log in there over the past couple years it always takes way too long to navigate the site.

weird, I only have trouble with it when the site is being hammered (a.k.a. when some "above average" rewards gets released and dies on 20 minutes, or when people are redeeming the platinum gifts)

I hope the new program is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Gotta get that last Elite Status though, don't want to mess up my perfect record.

Edit: Did the Mewtwo To-Do listing disappear from everyone's page? I don't have it anymore.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to be super late, but does this mean all the physical CN code cards I've been saving will be useless if I don't enter them?

wiibomb

I hope the new program is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Gotta get that last Elite Status though, don't want to mess up my perfect record.

Edit: Did the Mewtwo To-Do listing disappear from everyone's page? I don't have it anymore.

the page has been glitching out all day, it should be there after some refreshes

Finally got my NES Remix shirt today, looks nice.

It'd also be nice if they finally made a mobile friendly site (not even Nintendo.com itself is mobile friendly) or an actual app that can be run from the home menu.

The more I think about this the more it sucks. I actually liked doing the surveys especially for non huge Nintendo games. I also use to plug in all of my complaints in each survey. Things like not having a combined wallet, lack of sales for eshop stuff, having certain games on the VC etc. I use to double team Nintendo by using CN surveys and email for my complaints, now I just have email. :(

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I love the fact that a ton of games are now going to have surveys with random responses and stuff like "cool" and "z" for questions as people rush to fill them in.

I really wanted o get either MM3D or Kirby U this month but due to some things I likely won't be able to get either so I decided to go full on towards the platinum train.

Probably won't get anything good, but I have to finish CN in style. (lol)

Unless CN was messed up, I have 85 coins to go for Platinum. Much less than I thought. Since I still have many Wii games that I can upgrade to WiiU and get 10 coins, I figure that would be best. I might change my mind on getting these and not go for Platinum, but my list as of now that I'll buy next month to get Platinum are:

1: Castlevania 3
2: Caslevania 4
3: Harvest Moon
4: Mach Rider
5: Mystical Ninja
6: Mighty Bomb Jack
7: Advenures of Lolo
8: Toki Tori (WiiU)
9: Plus any game that I can choose later for $5 or less. I aleady have a huge list. (Actually Toki Tori should be 15 with registration so I could take atleast one VC game off.)

This'll help out my 52 Game Challenge atleast lol. On that, note, is it possible to beat all these games for the 52 Game Challenge? Are any of these high score only games without an ending, etc.

Even if all Platinum games are games I own or don't want, its guaranteed that it'll be a retail game that I can probably sell for a good $10 making my money back and getting all these games for almost free essentially. :D

A shame the downloadable Wii games (Punch-Out & Metroid Prime Trilogy) won't count since they said anything released after today won't be accepted. That includes stuff like Kirby & The Rainbow Curse, Majora's Mask 3D, Codename Steam, & the New 3DS XL itself (despite still being eligible in EU).

Nooooooo!! Dammit

MarkusRJR

Damn, Club Nintendo is slow as shit today. All 14 of my post-play surveys expire today and of course they announce that they drive up traffic today with the announcement. This will take more than an hour at this rate. :(

Top Bottom