• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Reminder that you can get 30 free coins if you have a 3DS. Just download the free games Steel Diver: Sub Wars and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. They give 5 points each for registration and 10 points each for Post Play survey.

I was able to get from 990 to 1000 with it, I feel better with that number.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I have 1800 coins balance because I got burned by having 10 too few coins to get the Luigi statue and so have hoarded since. D'oh.

I wish people who have been Platinum every single year of the program would get something extra special.

nQEHQOS.png

I agree.

Gartooth

What is going ooooooooon? My games just showed up in my account randomly so I did the survey and got the coins. Called Nintendo customer support afterwards to tell them that the problems in those order numbers were resolved. lol

BasilZero

I feel this is obligatory.

tumblr_inline_nihf59kke31spbsx8.jpg

Dont give them ideas now....

Anyways RIP

I've been registered since 2011? I havent used it until last year? XD.

Got platinum last year and already platinum this year so ya, what a way to end!

Hopefully their new reward system will be....a lot more....active...alive...many words can be used lol.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I have 1800 coins balance because I got burned by having 10 too few coins to get the Luigi statue and so have hoarded since. D'oh.

I agree.

I'm in the same camp... shit tons of coins that I need to figure out how to spend... big believer in Club Nintendo. I want "Club Nintendo Lifetime Platinum Member" on my gravestone.

TUMoPMe.png

kitzkozan

Just ordered the Pikmin / Mario 3DS case and will register all my remaining codes in the coming weeks. :p I probably have well over 1000+ points just laying around, so I'm hoping Nintendo offer interesting stuff to spend them on. :]

zroid

Banned
Only year I wasn't platinum in was 2009 because for some reason I ignored the program at first... my friend eventually convinced me to use it around June 2010. quickly got up to Plat that year and the rest is history :p

not too fussed about missing out on the first year, wasn't interested in the Mario hat anyways. My first Platinum reward was the best one, in 2010 -- the Mario & Friends figurine

FaintDeftone

I just logged in to see how many coins I need to reach platinum (I'm already Gold) and now it is not giving me a coin balance and says I haven't reached any elite status. Site must be getting hammered.

Now may be a good time to finally purchase Bayonetta 2 or Tropical Freeze so I can try to hit platinum.

Matesamo

So, really, how am I supposed to get platinum status by March 31 when they're not allowing product registration for items released past... today?

They are allowing products to be registered so use those codes; new products released after today will not have Club Nintendo codes.

It would have been nice had they at least extended getting coins for new things through the end of the month. I was hoping for some with Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Sapiens

yeah, seems like there will be "limited quantities" of some rewards...which i imagine means physical (why would there be limited amounts of digital rewards?)

Buy retail games released before January 20th 2015

Time to stock up my 3DS collection. A great excuse to get Mario Tennis and Golf.

Plus I have at at least five or six codes left over still. Hopefully, I can push myself to 1200 points or so just in case there is a killer physical reward.

Chibot

I guess we've just got to hope they give us some nice physical stuff in the next month. I'd be happy with just a few new things to choose from, maybe soundtracks and/or controllers. It'll probably be posters or restocked old items though.

Shauni

Hmm, I'm almost wishing that I didn't get the Zelda case now. It's a nice item, but now I'm kind of wishing I'd saved my coins for something extra cool that may be put up, but oh well, I still got a decent stock of coins left, I guess. I should be able to get something as long as the amount of coins isn't totally outrageous for whatever comes up

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Those upset that the New 3DS and games later this year won't be eligible should be happy that these systems might count toward whatever their new loyalty program is. Odds of the Gold/Platinum reward blowing us away is pretty small, I'd imagine.

Glad I didn't bite, a week ago, on spending some coins just for the sake of it. Got over 1000 and I'm curious to see what physical rewards they release in February, if any. I really wanted that Yoshi basket they had months ago. I didn't go for it but, now that the program is ending and coins will be deleted, I wouldn't mind picking that up if it popped up again.

Grym

Everyone should stock up on those Greeting Cards right now. They are gonna be super rare ...cause seriously who the hell ever bought them?

I just want you to spend coins so I have a better shot at whatever they put up next month

Shauni

Those upset that the New 3DS and games later this year won't be eligible should be happy that these systems might count toward whatever their new loyalty program is. Odds of the Gold/Platinum reward blowing us away is pretty small, I'd imagine.

Since it'll be the last one ever, I think the odds are slightly better that we will get something really cool. But really, only slightly.

braves01

Banned
Dont give them ideas now....

Anyways RIP

I've been registered since 2011? I havent used it until last year? XD.

Got platinum last year and already platinum this year so ya, what a way to end!

Hopefully their new reward system will be....a lot more....active...alive...many words can be used lol.

Exclusive Club Nintendo amiibos....

That would literally kill some people if the amiibo thread is anything to go by.

Magnus

I fucking bought both Smash 3DS and Wii U and forgot to register them before Jan 13 for the Soundtrack. Fucking fuck.

At least I'll get the Mewtwo DLC.

I think I have enough unregistered games and codes saved up to get to 1000 coins. Hopefully something sweet shows up in the final few months. I'm not exactly crazy about those posters. (although I could probably sell them to a rare games/collectibles store or something)

The Coin rewards for downloadable games are garbage too, god damn. Zelda NES for the 3DS and Super Metroid are alright, I guess, but I have both already. I love that the Super Metroid one is just for the Wii as well, and not the Wii U.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Everyone should stock up on those Greeting Cards right now. They are gonna be super rare ...cause seriously who the hell ever bought them?

I just want you to spend coins so I have a better shot at whatever they put up next month
Hey, they ran out of screensaver stock, okay.

zroid

Banned
Man, Team Top Hat is going to buy out the entire February inventory with his 10,000 some coins

hope you guys get there before him!

Started registering some of my remaining games I was holding onto for next year's Platinum and the site is pretty messed up right now. I'd suggest holding off for a couple days if you can until it dies down a bit to clean everything up.

wiibomb

Man, Team Top Hat is going to buy out the entire February inventory with his 10,000 some coins

hope you guys get there before him!

Who has that many coins??? I mean, whoever it is, those coins can be used for buying for gaffers here, I know depending on what appears on february I would be willing to pay a gaffer for 1 or 2 gifts

Meeps

I hope they're keeping internal records of Club Nintendo accounts. I was able to get much better customer service by having Platinum every year.

Top Bottom