• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

SalvaPot

I registered Kirby Triple Deluxe and Wii Sports Club yesterday but it told me the games don´t give me any coins, but are registered anyway, is this true? I checked today and there are no surveys for them, but they are on my products page...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not surprised by the response, but I sent Nintendo an e-mail about the possibility of a reward for members who were Platinum all 7 years.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your feedback regarding the Club Nintendo Program discontinuation. I am glad that you have enjoyed this program, and have been such an avid user. Unfortunately, we do not have any information about Elite Gifts besides the 2015 Elite Gifts, which will be available from 4/1/2015 to 4/30/2015.

I know that this is not what you were hoping to hear, However I will document your comments on our records for Club Nintendo, and make sure that they are made available for other departments at the company to review and thoughtfully consider.

emb

Not surprised by the response, but I sent Nintendo an e-mail about the possibility of a reward for members who were Platinum all 7 years.
I'll be so mad at myself if this happens... I could have had it every year, but in 2010 I thought I didn't have enough codes to hit it. Should have just tried. V__V

And it was one of the few good rewards too.

Micken

Banned
Yep.

1f044tz.png

Ahhh, thanks.

Well, I powered through my remaining surveys by answering N/A to everything and I got my Platinum for the year. I also have 1700 coins standing by for next month's physical rewards. I hope that is enough to get whatever it may be that I want.

Grym

Pokemon Bank (3DS) gives you 5 points too. Not sure about post-play.

Pokemon Bank also gives coins, as does the other app you can download from it if you own Pokemon, so get them both if you can. The Jett Rocket demo also gave me and a few others a few coins when it came out, but I don't know if that was an error that is now corrected or what. You might as well give it a try.

I seem to remember it's another 5 for the post-play.

thanks. got the 5 for pokemon bank. Tried out Jett Rocket demo. Nothing yet. But hopefully something will come through ;)

So here are the games I know of that are free, and should give you some coins. Am I missing any?

3DS:
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
Steel Diver: Sub Wars

Wii U:
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Lucadian Chronicles
Zen Pinball 2

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to think of a list where the code comes on the inside cover of the game:

-Bayonetta 2
-Fantasy Life
-Hyrule Warriors
-Pokemon ORAS
-Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
-Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU

Just off the top of my head, but I'm sure I'm missing A LOT.

kyo2004

PokeTransporter (3DS) also rewards 15 coins for those who are close to get platinum status it's a little help...

SkyPeace (3DS eshop $0.99) also rewards another 15 coins...

No Pizza Hut gift card for us. Not really surprising , but a little something would be cool. I'm still salty I never got a Pizza Hut gift card from when they gave them out. Lol

pvpness

Huh. Flipnote Studio in Feb is pretty cool. First I've heard of it. I assumed they'd buried it out back. Sad to see Club Nintendo go tho. Got some cool physical crap before it started going South. Really curious about what replaces it.

Wolfe

oh you can register 2, but you won't be getting coins from the second, which is the important thing :p

Unless you've got a source to back this up I'm going to have to disagree. I've registered 4 3DS to my account since my first one, all of them have given my coins.

Now all of them have been different colors but I don't see why it would matter, if I bought a blue XL and it broke or was lost/stolen and I bought another blue XL to replace it, I would fully expect to get coins for that as well even if it was the same color (don't see why it should matter). So until you can prove this claim I'm not buying it.

pvpness

Yeah, we're getting flipnote... finally. I really thought they just weren't going to release it....

Right? Then the only mention is one tiny line for it midway through a discontinuation disclaimer. Have I been missing ads? Or does Nintendo not want anyone to know it's actually releasing?

Rocky

Banned
oh you can register 2, but you won't be getting coins from the second, which is the important thing :p

Nope, I got coins for both. The black/blue one I registered when it launched, and then I got coins for registering my Black/Black one yesterday.

What's up guys, just wanted to let you that I had success with Nintendo customer support in getting credited for my brand new 2ds that did not have a club nintendo voucher packed inside.

Went pretty smoothly, they just wanted some details on where I bought my 2ds and the serial number. Got credited 100 points for it, so I'm at 190 points now.
Still need to redeem my code for A Link Between Worlds.

Shitttt they're closing Club Nintendo? Anyone wanna help a brother make platinum, please :) lol

Elija2

Tried to register my Fantasy Life code but it gave me an error. Tried to register it again and it said the code was already used. Damnit. :(

wiibomb

Tried to register my Fantasy Life code but it gave me an error. Tried to register it again and it said the code was already used. Damnit. :(

that happened to me too, it should be in you products, just give it a while and the registration survey should appear on your to-do list

StAidan

Because of this closure thing, I went ahead and bit the bullet on some games I'd procrastinated on purchasing, just to make sure I got coins for them. So, yesterday I bought:

- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Prof. Layton (Azran Legacy)
- OoT 3D
- Kirby Triple Deluxe

Also bought Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on the eShop.

Still will only be around 700 coins after I do post-play surveys next week :(

Unloaded all my codes and am sitting on 1375 coins. Got pretty bummed out that I let hundreds of coins expire either because I only wanted to put in enough to get to platinum or totally forgot to do a bunch of post play surveys. Hoping I'll have enough to get whatever they might put up there. Got 20 items/games over the years so it paid off far more than most loyalty clubs I've been a part of.

mrmickfran

I'm trying to think of a list where the code comes on the inside cover of the game:

-Bayonetta 2
-Fantasy Life
-Hyrule Warriors
-Pokemon ORAS
-Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU

Just off the top of my head, but I'm sure I'm missing A LOT.

Captain Toad

RK128

Hello :D.

If anyone has unused Club Nintendo codes, I would greatly appreciate some :). Only have 80 coins till I reach platinum status.

I am getting a PS 10% off voucher that works on a number of things on the PS Store by the 23rd (and it lasts from that point till the 26th). I don't have it yet, but when it comes, I have no issues giving it to someone nice enough to give me a code or two.

Thank you for your time and have a great day :D.

SmithnCo

The Wii U ones will only give post play coins I think, so if you don't see something immediately that's why. I'm not 100% sure on Tank! either, but it's free, so might as well try.

Lucadian Chronicles has a survey for no coins when I bought it, so I guess you'll have to do that to get the post-play.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Updated list for this page on inner cover art codes:

-Bayonetta 2
-Captain Toad
-Fantasy Life
-Hyrule Warriors
-Pokemon ORAS
-Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU

SmithnCo

I'm looking for some cheap eshop games (in NA) that people could use to boost their coins a bit. I assume these also get post-plays.

SKYPEACE - $.99 - 5 coins
Van Helsing sniper Zx100 - $.99 (Sale until 1/28) - 5 coins
Bird Mania Christmas 3D (wut) - $.99 - 5 coins

Hmm, I downloaded Tomodachi Life from the eshop at the beginning of the month and I still don't see a survey to do. Did that one not come with coins or something?

I'm looking for some cheap eshop games (in NA) that people could use to boost their coins a bit. I assume these also get post-plays.

You'll probably want to look through the eligible list.

https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

Hmm, I downloaded Tomodachi Life from the eshop at the beginning of the month and I still don't see a survey to do. Did that one not come with coins or something?

You should've gotten 40 coins. Look in your to-do. Did you link your CN account to your system?

wiibomb

Hello :D.

If anyone has unused Club Nintendo codes, I would greatly appreciate some :). Only have 80 coins till I reach platinum status.

I am getting a PS 10% off voucher that works on a number of things on the PS Store by the 23rd (and it lasts from that point till the 26th). I don't have it yet, but when it comes, I have no issues giving it to someone nice enough to give me a code or two.

Thank you for your time and have a great day :D.

isn't that discount applied automatically to a purchase on those days?

RK128

isn't that discount applied automatically to a purchase on those days?

No, it is a code that Sony is emailing PS+ subscribers to compensate for the issues that PSN had over the Holiday's. Like I said, I don't have the code yet, but once I get it (most likely tomorrow or the 23rd), I can give it to someone how can better use it :D.

I know this isn't for the 3DS or Wii U, but giving it to someone is the least I can do for someone nice enough to give me their code (which is worth a lot :D).

Look and see if you have any VC games you can upgrade from Wii-WiiU. That shoud be 10 coins a piece for $1-$1.50.

Gunman Clive is $1.99 but also a fantastic game if you don't own. Toki Tori on WiiU is $1.99. Many GB VC games are $2.99. Thats all I got. Depending on how much you want to spend. If you can, try not to buy games you won't like but understandable if you only lack a few coins for Platinum and those are the only ones left.

SystemUser

Spirit Camera is $12 at target.com but the in-store price is still $40. You can go to the store and they will price-match the website price if you ask. The Spirit Camera is a 40 CN point game.

I had wanted to try it for a while. The AR ghost concept sounds cool. The price and the CN points rush made it the right time for me to buy it.

wiibomb

No, it is a code that Sony is emailing PS+ subscribers to compensate for the issues that PSN had over the Holiday's. Like I said, I don't have the code yet, but once I get it (most likely tomorrow or the 23rd), I can give it to someone how can better use it :D.

I know this isn't for the 3DS or Wii U, but giving it to someone is the least I can do for someone nice enough to give me their code (which is worth a lot :D).

yeah I know, but I didn't know it was an emailed code, well, i could make the same deal because I'm not buying anything from PSN these days

RK128

yeah I know, but I didn't know it was an emailed code, well, i could make the same deal because I'm not buying anything from PSN these days

It works on most PS Network purchases with some exceptions (PS Now and PS+ Subscriptions don't work with it and you can only use one pre-order at a time with the code, though you can work with that by lumping extra games on-top of the pre-order).

Top Bottom