• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
If you want something cheap, Steel Diver gets you 50 coins (40 for registering, 10 post play). I think I got it for $3 new at Best Buy a year or so ago.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Depending on how good the rewards are next month, I'll grab Bayonetta 2, W101, and Wind Waker HD. I'm bound to get a Wii U this black friday so might as well get mah coins.

Spirit Camera is $12 at target.com but the in-store price is still $40. You can go to the store and they will price-match the website price if you ask. The Spirit Camera is a 40 CN point game.

I had wanted to try it for a while. The AR ghost concept sounds cool. The price and the CN points rush made it the right time for me to buy it.

seriously? and here i am with an unopened copy just chilling.

march 31 is the last day, correct?

Spirit Camera is $12 at target.com but the in-store price is still $40. You can go to the store and they will price-match the website price if you ask. The Spirit Camera is a 40 CN point game.

I had wanted to try it for a while. The AR ghost concept sounds cool. The price and the CN points rush made it the right time for me to buy it.
In terms of retail games, and I may be wrong on these since its been awhile since I've checked, but Spirit Camera, Sin & Punishment 2, Metroid Other M (actually an okay game if you don't pay attention to the story and don't expect a Metroid game) Picross 3D (DS), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (This Paper Mario game sucks tho), Shin Megami Tensei IV are all $20 or less on amazon.

If you like Atlus and don't like collecting (why? D:) then their digital games go for sale for $15 a piece every couple weeks. This includes SMTIV, EOU, EOIV, Devil Survivor, Conception II, Soul Hackers. And that'll give you retails worth of coins.

i-Jest

Yep.

1f044tz.png

What's the full list of free content on the Eshop that gives coins?

Steel Diver Submarine Wars
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
Pokebank
Poketransporter
Lucadian Chronicles

Whatelse am I missing?

antibolo

Banned
Crap, looks like the 3DS cart case just recently disappeared.

Also, just entered all my remaining codes and I'm still 95 coins away from Platinum. Probably not going to reach it, oh no.

EDIT: No wait false alert, I forgot two games. Now Platinum, yay.

Busaiku

Spirit Camera sounds like it'll be interesting on New 3DS XL.
And ultimately the main knocks against it are that it's super short.

At $12, it'd probably be a fun game.

antibolo

Banned
Where is the code for the Nintendo Land bundled with launch Wii Us?

Club Nintendo says I haven't registered mine yet, but I can't find it inside the case.

tmarques

Where is the code for the Nintendo Land bundled with launch Wii Us?

Club Nintendo says I haven't registered mine yet, but I can't find it inside the case.

I bought a New Super Mario bundle - no Nintendo Land in sight - and I still got a survey for Nintendo Land for registering the actual console. New Super Mario had no code, even though it came on a disc. Never understood it.

I don't think you can redeem codes without a console.

You can.

Edit: You can redeem CN codes without a console. You can't redeem download codes but it's not a problem if they do not expire before you get a console. I think what he wanted to do was just buy a bunch of games now and redeem them on CN, no?

zroid

Banned
You can.

Edit: You can redeem CN codes without a console. You can't redeem download codes but it's not a problem if they do not expire before you get a console. I thinj what he wanted to do was just buy a bunch of games now and redeem them on CN, no?

I believe the point was that any Wii U games you get from CN next month with those coins would not be redeemable before the download codes expired. But he could just get 3DS games from CN, or physical rewards. So I don't see the problem really.

I believe the point was that any Wii U games you get from CN next month with those coins would not be redeemable before the download codes expired. But he could just get 3DS games from CN, or physical rewards. So I don't see the problem really.

Oh I see. Jotamide meant that he will buy games like Bayonetta 2, W101, and Wind Waker HD now (physical) if he can redeem them for interesting stuff like physical items. The other poster interpreted it as redeeming coins for Wii U games.

Well, this made me notice that all codes will stop working on July 31, 2015. I don't see why they always need to expire so quickly with Nintendo.

tmarques

I wouldn't count on scoring physical rewards. Whatever pencils and posters Nintendo comes across in their basement will be long gone by the time most of us manage to log in.

I just hope the selection of roms is HUGE. As in MASSIVE. As in pretty much everything that has ever been offered and maybe a few ones that were never on Club Nintendo. Possibly a few retail titles for those with insane amounts of points. It's the least they could do.

I just hope the selection of roms is HUGE. As in MASSIVE. As in pretty much everything that has ever been offered and maybe a few ones that were never on Club Nintendo. Possibly a few retail titles for those with insane amounts of points. It's the least they could do.

Would love Earthbound to be there!

95 coins til Platinum. I was planning on preordering Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, but with it being ineligible for Club Nintendo coins, I'm thinking about getting Captain Toad and some eShop game instead, at least for now.

vall03

I don't know where to post this question but its a bit appropriate here I guess. For the throwback sale, are they planning to go through each major franchise every week? Currently looking into Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity and I'm wondering if I should grab it right now or wait for a possible sale.

I don't know where to post this question but its a bit appropriate here I guess. For the throwback sale, are they planning to go through each major franchise every week? Currently looking into Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity and I'm wondering if I should grab it right now or wait for a possible sale.

Don't get it. It is by far the worst Pokemon Mystery Dungeon made. It has the same difference between it and Explorers of Darkness/Sky/Time as there is between Paper Mario Sticker Star and The Thousand Year Door.

casiopao

Don't get it. It is by far the worst Pokemon Mystery Dungeon made. It has the same difference between it and Explorers of Darkness/Sky/Time as there is between Paper Mario Sticker Star and The Thousand Year Door.

I don't know lol. By mechanic, I agree as the number of poke is much lesser but the story is suprisingly, one of the best in Mystery dungeon series there.

zroid

Banned
That's not a full list, though. Stuff like Epic Yarn is missing.

Hmm, I always thought it was a complete list. Anything more recent that's not on the list? The Kirby's Epic Yarn codes expired 3 months ago so I figured that might be why it's absent.

vall03

Well, I'm currently anticipating Etrian Mystery Dungeon and as far as rogue likes go, I find it weird that I never played any of the Pokemon ones. Gates to Infinity is currently the most accessible one for me right now due to it being available on the eShop. Don't know if the DS games are still available in store in my country, but I'll try to look. I'm enjoying the demo though. I also need 160 coins for Platinum so I'm currently looking at possible games to get.

I don't know lol. By mechanic, I agree as the number of poke is much lesser but the story is suprisingly, one of the best in Mystery dungeon series there.

Really? I never beat it, but from what I played, Explorers of Sky has a much better story.

Well, I'm currently anticipating Etrian Mystery Dungeon and as far as rogue likes go, I find it weird that I never played any of the Pokemon ones. Gates to Infinity is currently the most accessible one for me right now due to it being available on the eShop. Don't know if the DS games are still available in store in my country, but I'll try to look. I'm enjoying the demo though. I also need 160 coins for Platinum so I'm currently looking at possible games to get.

If you think it is okay so far, and it is the only version you can get, then go right ahead. But if you can get Time, Darkness, or Sky, I recommend those over GtI.

I have a spare Wii Fit code from when I was buying up 99c used copies to redeem or share a while back, not sure if it works

Quote to reveal (hope i did this right)

Post if you redeem. Or don't. It's entirely up to you.

Top Bottom