• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Code_Link

I'll donate a couple of ones... Let me try this quote to reveal thingy...

Fire Emblem: Awakening - FH9-U6BV-8FSJ-PNT

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - BR8-BHH9-TR6N-XUG

Post if your redeem to save time for others. Enjoy!

wiibomb

I'll donate a couple of ones... Let me try this quote to reveal thingy...

Fire Emblem: Awakening - FH9-U6BV-8FSJ-PNT

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - BR8-BHH9-TR6N-XUG

Post if your redeem to save time for others. Enjoy!

the preview post is useful for those tries befores posting, they are already used :(

I don't know where to post this question but its a bit appropriate here I guess. For the throwback sale, are they planning to go through each major franchise every week? Currently looking into Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity and I'm wondering if I should grab it right now or wait for a possible sale.
Gates to Infinity is...okay. The story is still good but the gameplay has some bad/questionable changes (all of Gen 5 is here, but there are only a few Pokemon from other gens; Explorers of Sky had almost every Pokemon Gen 1-4 playable) mixed in with good ones (your moves 'level up' the more you use them, the annoying hunger mechanic is only in postgame dungeons, etc.)
Overall, it isn't bad in my eyes, but Sky is definitely the better Pokemon Mystery Dumgeon game out there.

Roo

I think I have two or three codes to spare. I'm pretty sure I never registered them but I need to check if they're not on my list first.

I'll post them here once I get home.

Ventara

Does anyone know if I call Nintendo about a used code from a new game if they'll do anything? I know they do, but this is for Pokemon Platinum, a DS game that came out years ago, and I no longer have any proof of purchase.

Hmm, I always thought it was a complete list. Anything more recent that's not on the list? The Kirby's Epic Yarn codes expired 3 months ago so I figured that might be why it's absent.

I think you're right. I tried inputting Epic Yarn when it told me it had expired. I hadn't realized some codes expire. Damn.

kyo2004

cheaper way to get 30coins?

Already tried downloading the two 3DS free games (Steel Diver: Sub Wars and Rusty Real Baseball)? Each one gives 15 coins (5 register + 10 postgame).

The cheapest game I found on Amazon who gives CN coins was PES 2013 3D (2.84 + 3.99 shipping). It gives 30 coins and 10 more with the post game survey...

I am going through all my codes and registering them, and I got one that was already registered. I didn't register it, and I bought it new probably ~6 months ago. It is Pokemon Platinum, and it actually expires in a week. If I contact Nintendo, will they allow me to register it?

i-Jest

I am going through all my codes and registering them, and I got one that was already registered. I didn't register it, and I bought it new probably ~6 months ago. It is Pokemon Platinum, and it actually expires in a week. If I contact Nintendo, will they allow me to register it?

Do you have proof of purchase?

i-Jest

Unfortunately, no. I guess the amount of coins it would give isn't really going to do much in terms of prizes. I just don't like someone else taking my coins.

Contact them anyway. Offer to take a picture of the code/packaging to prove the contents are yours. That might help.

I am so glad I didn't have this problem when registering my codes. Sorta glad they're doing away with the current system of things. Restructure things for the new rewards program. In the future hopefully they'll have better theft prevention policies regarding the rewards program and stolen consoles.

Contact them anyway. Offer to take a picture of the code/packaging to prove the contents are yours. That might help.

I am so glad I didn't have this problem when registering my codes. Sorta glad they're doing away with the current system of things. Restructure things for the new rewards program. In the future hopefully they'll have better theft prevention policies regarding the rewards program and stolen consoles.

Alright, I sent them a web ticket. Hopefully none of my other games are already registered.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Welp, guess its time to open the copy of Sing Party I bought a while back for $5. Maybe the Mic will be useful for something else one day, but I don't really plan on playing the game. I bought it mostly for the Club Nintendo code a few months back.

Well... I just finished my last Club Nintendo product registration. Captain Toad got the honour. I am up to 3155 coins, with 2290 being this year. I just spent almost 2 hours registering all my products, and that gave me about 1700 coins. Now I just need to get the post-play surveys and finish them.

Hopefully the Smash posters are still in stock in February. They look nice, and I do have a lot to spend. Although, Nintendo will probably price the new stuff extremely high.

Armaly

For those free 2 play eshop post play surveys do I need to actually download and play the game or is registering it to my account enough?

Mecca

Oh my god this Wii Mini coin exploit

how did nintendo not see this coming lol

I didn't know this was a thing. I actually have a Wii Mini that I purchased last year, but never registered. I just registered it now and luckily the code hadn't been stolen yet. I'll be pissed if Nintendo puts a block on registering a Wii Mini and removes my coins because I legitimately bought one.

zroid

Banned
Finally doing the survey for Paper Mario Sticker Star. I'm gonna say it was good because there was no story, just to spite you all. >:)

Gartooth

Finished registering codes for the last 5 games that I needed to do so on. Beyond doing post play surveys, this is the end of earning coins for me.

My current total is Gold status, with another 170 coins needed for Platinum. I'm at 1305 coins, with another 50 coming from Post Play surveys should they be worth it. (I doubt there is anything for 1350 coins but you never know...)

Now to wait and see what physical rewards Nintendo gives out. I will freak if there is another 1500 coin reward similar to the Luigi's Mansion figure.

cacildo

Got Lucadian Chronicles because free coins

Answered the survey... guess what? No free coins

This survey got me 00 coins

Im afraid to buy anything and getting no coins again

zroid

Banned
Got Lucadian Chronicles because free coins

Answered the survey... guess what? No free coins

This survey got me 00 coins

Im afraid to buy anything and getting no coins again

apparently you still get a post play survey worth 10 coins... the registration survey is worth 0 coins

SystemUser

Everything registered and I think I my post plays are in. I am 80 from platinum. I only have 775, so I won't be getting a Game and Watch if they have any. It looks like they are on ebay for $20-$50 though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's going to be interesting to see what the coin costs will be. I imagine there'll be something worth 1,000+ coins in order to help people get rid of their spare coins faster...but then it makes me want to find ways to up my total count from 450 to something like 800 just to be safe.

KarmaCow

It's going to be interesting to see what the coin costs will be. I imagine there'll be something worth 1,000+ coins in order to help people get rid of their spare coins faster...but then it makes me want to find ways to up my total count from 450 to something like 800 just to be safe.

Those high priced items will most likely be limited physical goods, which will be snapped up instantly by the people who had 2k+ coins prior to the announcement. Spending real money to boost your coin count is a fool's errand.

bumpkin

Welp, went through the ol' stash and inputted all of my codes; my coin total is 2580. Hopefully they'll offer something decent in February. Am I the only one hoping the Luigi's Mansion statue will come back?

Top Bottom