• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Bulzeeb

this sucks, I need 70 more coins to buy the nunchuck but I wont be able to buy any new games until august 22, do you think this sucker will be gone by then? =/

I thought I had registered all my Wii games. I looked in my Mario Galaxy 1 case and saw the registration slip. Figured it had already been used but decided to enter it anyway. It was still unregistered. I then decided to look in all my Wii game cases. Found 12 more unregistered games, for a total of 240 coins. I can't believe I hadn't registered so many games. Especially since it's the first thing I do when I open a game. All of them were from 2009 or sooner, before I really started paying attention to Club Nintendo. Now i'm only 20 coins away from Platinum.

Then I decide to go to the rewards page and see if anything new was there. Gold Nunchuk accessory? Oh hell yeah! 900 of my 910 coins went to that.

Anyway, i'm pretty happy and thought I would share.

iphys

Looks like if you buy NSMB2 digitally, you can get 100 coins.

Now I know why they finally released something awesome like the gold nunchuk. They really just want to make people desperate to download New SMB 2 for the coins so they can make more money on it, and right after a bunch of people's coins just expired and they lowered the values of so many PIN codes too, mwa ha ha. Maybe the gold nunchuk is really just a big fat carrot that they hope few people can actually attain, and it's coincidentally going to run out as soon as everyone downloads New SMB 2 on August 19th.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins was the only 3DS VC title to get a registration survey. However, I purchased it through the sale and haven't gotten a reg survey yet.

Has anyone else purchased this over the past few months and gotten a registration survey?

Lucent

Now I know why they finally released something awesome like the gold nunchuk. They really just want to make people desperate to download New SMB 2 for the coins so they can make more money on it, and right after a bunch of people's coins just expired and they lowered the values of so many PIN codes too, mwa ha ha. Maybe the gold nunchuk is really just a big fat carrot that they hope few people can actually attain, and it's coincidentally going to run out as soon as everyone downloads New SMB 2 on August 19th.

That'd be such a messed up move. lol. I'm currently 140 short. Getting that digitally and doing the surveys would get me pretty close. Getting Rhythm Heaven at Best Buy next week would def get me there combined with that. But I don't really know if it's worth using all 900 points on a gold-painted nunchuk. Not that there's a lot of awesome things to buy in the store as it is. But yeah, kinda already got too much lined up to buy in the coming months to get NSMB2.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, in for a nunchuck, though my gut says now that we are getting this, something even better will come out before I can get my coins up again. Only 180 left now.

Oh, for anyone who wants some cheap points, grab American Test Kitchen from Best Buy on Sunday. $5 game, but its published by Nintendo.

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins was the only 3DS VC title to get a registration survey. However, I purchased it through the sale and haven't gotten a reg survey yet.

Has anyone else purchased this over the past few months and gotten a registration survey?

Hmm. I don't think I've gotten anything. I thought they all got surveys. :/

Reclaimer

Yuck to that gold 'chuck. They could have at least put a triforce or something on it. I'm still tempted, just to complete the set with the Zelda mote, but... Yuck!

I've got a club nintendo code for Kingdom Hearts 3D. Apparently you can't register the same game twice, even though the code is different so i might as well give it up to someone on gaf, just glad i got a mark of mastery edition today. Just quote my post and i'll PM the first person the code.

I've got a club nintendo code for Kingdom Hearts 3D. Apparently you can't register the same game twice, even though the code is different so i might as well give it up to someone on gaf, just glad i got a mark of mastery edition today. Just quote my post and i'll PM the first person the code.

Can I have it please? :)

Vidiot

Meh, don't need another nunchuck and I honestly don't see me playing the Wii much in the future anyway. Now if they would have had this out around the time of Skyward sword's release.....

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Don't the surveys appear a week later or so? The sale only started yesterday, right?
DavidDayton is saying it used to get registration (right away) and post play (a week later) surveys for 20 coins total.

I also bought it yesterday and didn't get a registration survey so I'm guessing they made it like all the other 3DS VC games with only post play surveys.

Yes you can, read the OP.

ohlawd

They took my 900 coins but the nunchuck isn't in my order inquiry.

Does it take a while for it to register or something? I don't wanna lose 900 coins for no reason >_<

EDIT: hahah spoke too soon. 900 coins is too much, can't help but feel jittery. I can't wait for this bad boy to get here.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Got the golden nunchuck to match my wii remote and classic controller pro! I want to get the wheel to complete the collection but the price on ebay is too high, not worth $90 for a shell :(

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
DavidDayton is saying it used to get registration (right away) and post play (a week later) surveys for 20 coins total.
I also bought it yesterday and didn't get a registration survey so I'm guessing they made it like all the other 3DS VC games with only post play surveys.

Yeah. SML2:6GC had a registration survey a few months back. I assumed it was due to the fact that you could buy it in Gamestop stores. We had a few folks mentioning getting one, so I -assumed- it was intentional. If it's gone now, I'll need to update the spreadsheet with that info.

bumpkin

Damn... I'm also pretty bummed about the Hanafuda cards going away. I was just thinking about ordering a second set so I could keep one unopened and have another to actually open up and check out.

I'd be all over the gold 'chuk if I had ever managed to get the gold 'mote. Sadly, I put the Zelda bundle on my Christmas list for friends and family, and it was the one thing I really wanted that nobody got for me. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Damn... I'm also pretty bummed about the Hanafuda cards going away. I was just thinking about ordering a second set so I could keep one unopened and have another to actually open up and check out.

I'd be all over the gold 'chuk if I had ever managed to get the gold 'mote. Sadly, I put the Zelda bundle on my Christmas list for friends and family, and it was the one thing I really wanted that nobody got for me. :(
They got rid of the cards? I was thinking about ordering them too.

donny2112

Nunchuk is awesome. So glad they put in on the U.S. store. Amusing to see that there is still complaining about it, even though. Internet. :lol

Drago

First to quote gets a Mario Strikers Charged (Nintendo Selects) code, I think worth 20 coins. Don't know if it works, but it's worth a shot...

MarkusRJR

Does anyone know if the Nintendo Selects are counted differently from the original releases of games? I lent my launch copy of Zelda: TP and Super Mario Galaxy and they bothit back scratched to hell. I'm thinking of picking NS copies as back ups for $20 each so I'm just a bit curious if I'd get points from them.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Does anyone know if the Nintendo Selects are counted differently from the original releases of games? I lent my launch copy of Zelda: TP and Super Mario Galaxy and they bothit back scratched to hell. I'm thinking of picking NS copies as back ups for $20 each so I'm just a bit curious if I'd get points from them.

If I recall correctly, when Nintendo released a chart regarding the changing in values of coins, they did in fact have both the Original and selects listed seperately.

Link

3D Classic: Excitebike is up.

Fuck, I have it already. :p Oh well, I'm sure lots might have missed the freebie promotion originally.

3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure would've been nicer. :p

Edit: Beaten by a minute. XD

Top Bottom