• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

zroid

Banned
Oh, no, no box! Well what's the point of even ordering it???

Oh, yeah, to have a gold nunchuck. Nevermind.

after this, nothing else will ever satisfy

1.jpg

donny2112

the gold Nunchuk doesn't come in a box like in Japan. :(

We're talking about a company that skimped on including an A/C adapter for their latest handheld in 2/3 of the big territories. No Gold Nunchuk box should've probably been expected, in that case. :lol

Vlad

Hmm. What's fluidity all about. Is it a metroidvania?

I've always hated excitebike...but still...I want that 3D classic.

Just a basic description of the game's Metroidvanianess, nothing too spoilery but in case anybody wants to go in completely blind:

I wouldn't call it a full metroidvania-type title, as it's broken into levels and there aren't THAT many upgrades, but each level is freeroaming and there are many parts in each level that you can't access right away, either because you're missing the right upgrade or you don't have enough of the game's star equivalent.

Either way, though, it's still a great, great game. You're this little blob of water, and you tilt the level back and forth by tilting the Wiimote.

Holy shit, I want that gold nunchuck to go with my gold Zelda Wiimote, but I have less than 400 points right now, and even though I have a crapload of post-play surveys to do,I don't think it will put me at 900 points. Guess I need to go to GameStop or the video store and load up on codes soon...

jgkspsx

It -should- have a 5 coin reg survey, but recently registration surveys for new titles have been getting delayed. Didn't it come out the week before last, though?

It did, but I just bought it a few days ago.

Edit: Oh, ah. It was on the other family account. Too many devices these days!

Snookie

So glad I checked this thread. Had no idea they put the gold nunchuk up. of course now that I spent the majority of my coins i'm sure they'll release the snes controller now

bumpkin

So glad I checked this thread. Had no idea they put the gold nunchuk up. of course now that I spent the majority of my coins i'm sure they'll release the snes controller now
That's my primary reservation about jumping on the gold 'chuk. We really need an insider who knows all of NoA's evil plans.

Oh, no, no box! Well what's the point of even ordering it???

Oh, yeah, to have a gold nunchuck. Nevermind.
That's why you order two like I did. One to be a collectible commodity and one to open, use and enjoy. I'm really kind of upset it doesn't come in a box like Japan got. I had no other reason to order a second one. I am happy with my coin redemption but the "limited quantity" text got me worried. Otherwise I would've waited for this news and held onto 900 more coins. Packaging is just one of those things we've come to expect from Nintendo. Presentation is important. I could understand the plastic bag if I was ordering wrist straps or a power adapter from their online store, but this is supposed to be a reward. I guess that counts for very little.

iphys

When the gold nunchuk gets here, I promise to finally open my Skyward Sword LE (should probably do that before the batteries leak in the box or something, lol).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Glad I didn't wait for the post-play surveys from the two games I registered last week to reach 900 coins. Instead I used up an old post play that wasn't expiring until September 2013.

Top Bottom