• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

And Nintendo has a fail-safe with that glitch; you can only use it once per account, so you can only use the glitch once; people aren't getting hundreds of points for free, only 100 points for free.

I'm sorry if I did something wrong :(....but I'm new to CN and Nintendo in general (I recently got my 2DS and lost a lot of my CN codes), so while I didn't have the right to use the Wii Mini glitch, I don't feel bad for using it :l.

Some people are registering up to 8 per account with family accounts. That's 800 points and Platinum status.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh hey, 3D After Burner II survey. Now at 460 coins.

*sigh* I swear, there's going to be SOMETHING around 700 to 1,000 coins that's going to make me regret getting that NES Remix 2 shirt, despite no longer being available (though watch it return next month as well).

Don't think I can bring myself to do that Wii Mini glitch, specially hearing how some people might be getting banned because of it.

trixx

I have a feeling the physical rewards are going to sell out fast on February 1st. Gold nunchuck plz, ^ that wouldn't be fair at all.

Armaly

So is it true that Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 won't come with Club Nintendo codes due to CN closing so soon? I swear I heard this somewhere but I can't remember where from.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So is it true that Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 won't come with Club Nintendo codes due to CN closing so soon? I swear I heard this somewhere but I can't remember where from.
Correct. They said anything released after Jan. 20th will not qualify. That also includes Codename Steam, Kirby & The Rainbow Curse, Splatoon, etc.

RK128

I just hope they don't inflate reward prices in Feb because of it.

I don't think so; if Nintendo is banning people that abuse this, then their is no need for them to inflate the reward prices :l.

The program is ending soon anyway, just maybe have an extra 'step' or something that people have to take before redeeming the rewards (Ex: A MM stature for 300 Coins/Stars requires people buying it to let CN 'check' their accounts for systems they own; process takes a few seconds and after confirming whenever or not they 'used' the Wii Mini glitch (owning more then 3 systems on one account) and they can get the reward based on what the deal is).

donny2112

What the heck? I bought PL X AA last month and where the code is supposed to be it's Blank. It's like PIN # (NOTHING HERE)

You're checking the back of the cover art, right?

On the Wii Mini thing, Nintendo should zero out the Wii Mini coins (i.e. -100 coins on their account per system) of everyone that registered one, and send emails to those accounts asking them to call Club Nintendo support about adding the coins back in, if they really bought one. Probably < 1000 people bought one in the U.S. in the last month (based on monthly Wii sales), so they're probably not going to get a lot of calls. :p

For people worried about Platinum, wait until after February! Those with lots of codes are waiting to see what February brings. After that's done, and the only thing left is Platinum and digital games, there will probably be a fair sight more code giveaways. You have until March 31 to get Platinum, after all.

I just bought a Wii U, I crumbled. I bought NES Remix Pack as well, and if I'm reading the site correctly it is eligible for coins. But what should I be looking at for the PIN #?

SmithnCo

That did it, thank you very much. Another stupid question, is there an easy way to get 10 coins? That's all I'm short for a game.

If you haven't already you can download some free games for coins.

3DS:
Rusty's Baseball
Steel Diver Sub Wars
Pokebank

WiiU:
Lucadian Chronicles (post-play only)
Zen Pinball 2

RK128

would I get booked for using the wii mini exploit once? lol

I don't think that will happen; people who only do this once (only once; no family accounts), they might just take away the 100 coins and send emails out asking 'Do you really own this?' at the very worst. And even then, I don't think they will do that; the program is ending soon and they must want to end it big with tons of rewards and the like, so why ruin that by terminating tons of CN accounts?

For people that do this many times with family accounts? THEY are the ones who will get it the worst; their Nintendo ID being locked and CN accounts terminated I think that is likely happen (if that Reddit thread is right) but that isn't to bad; using the glitch once is one thing, but 8+ times? That is just stupid X(.

I think that it won't be an issue; the worst that will happen is that they take 100 coins off peoples account with a Wii Mini and request some additional information (I guess the consoles pin number?) to get the coins back. The worst will be locking CN accounts :l.

jbueno

Tried the Wii Mini trick, worked on my first try! Always mad at Nintendo that my Wii I got in mid 2007 didn´t get me any coins, so this worked out pretty good.

1miSePD.jpg

So close to Platinum, a Wii U game will take care of that. Maybe Smash.

Hatchtag

Banned
I'd be surprised if Nintendo does fucking anything about the exploit. It's been up for long enough that I doubt they fix it, let alone ban users for doing so. Yet and still, I wouldn't recommend doing it on a main account (unless you're at like 0 coins).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll only try doing it if there's something I REALLY want and I truly need the coins. Otherwise, I'm gonna wait & see what Nintendo does, if anything.

Gerah X

I'm about 160 coins short from platinum. How many Wii/WiiU/3DS games would I need? Don't Wii U games give you the most coins?

I tried it and got a code on the first try. I'm only doing it once but I got gold at least

Basically you guess guess the digits after HW2011

I used this website: www.mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom.html
put lower limit 9999 and upper limit 100000 then take the number given and put it after HW2011 and register it on CN

I haven't seen or heard of account deletions because of this but do it at your risk

Oh yeah forgot to clarify if HW2011 really isn't working for you now matter how many number variations you try. Use another variation of the HW codes like HW1600, HW2001 and HW1006 then try the number generator

Armaly

Correct. They said anything released after Jan. 20th will not qualify. That also includes Codename Steam, Kirby & The Rainbow Curse, Splatoon, etc.

Damn, and i'm still 115 away from gold. Are there any cheap games that give lots of coins? I'll definitely pick up Spirit Camera.

hazukash

I won't try the Wii Mini exploit unless I desperately want one of next month's rewards and I don't have enough coins. I hope they're going to post them all on February 1st. My stack of coins is waiting.

This is gross. Yeah it's a free rewards program yadda yadda, but it's going to be severely disheartening to those of us who accumulated coins legitimately if we're unable to get any of the final batch of physical rewards because a fuckton of people went from 0 to 800 coins in a day, and it's going to leave a pretty big incentive to not want to bother with whatever their planned replacement program is. I hope Nintendo cancels all the fake bonus coins if they can.

Busaiku

This is gross. Yeah it's a free rewards program yadda yadda, but it's going to be severely disheartening to those of us who accumulated coins legitimately if we're unable to get any of the final batch of physical rewards because a fuckton of people went from 0 to 800 coins in a day, and it's going to leave a pretty big incentive to not want to bother with whatever their planned replacement program is. I hope Nintendo cancels all the fake bonus coins if they can.
Ehh... looks like Nintendo is already on it.
There's a massive thread on reddit and apparently Nintendo is banning and locking, accounts and NNID so you guys better watch out what you're doing.
So if anything, this is good for us.

Velcro Fly

Well I put in a ton of codes for games I bought. Still have two more to go and all the post plays. Looking like 1300 or so coins.

Doubtful I get anything physical since it will likely be sold out while I sit at work. I guess I can get some VC games?

Just give me a soundtrack CD or a $10 eShop card or something for all my coins damn

SaviourMK2

I'm hearing about bannings on Club Nintendo, does this affect people using bots or people who grab club Nintendo codes from Gamestop

Bagu

Entered some codes today and I'm 260 coins away from Platinum.

There was a problem with one game registering but not giving me a Registration Survey. Called up Nintendo and hopefully it be solved soon.

Haven't gotten post play surveys for any of them either. How long until I get those?

Darn it. I finally get home, see the thing, and it doesn't work.

Well, I need a miracle to get the remaining 290 coins I need, as my plans were screwed by the no new releases thing.

Went through my stack that I'd kept around to get me to platinum for next year and added ~600 coins today. Hopefully there are some physical rewards of note. Sitting on 2460 at the moment so hopefully I am covered for any top tier items.

I bought more and only new versions of games because of Club Nintendo. I hope the replacement happens quickly because I'll probably just buy used and cheaper until they do so.

Am I alone on this?

I'm seriously hoping the "Dozens" of games they adding next month aren't all tiny eShop titles and they have something good like Kid Icarus Uprising or (not going to happen) Dark Moon

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For some reason, I feel like they might bring back some of the games from the MK8 promo as some of the rewards. I'd be amazed if they actually had legit 3DS & Wii U games up for sale next month, but for like 1,000+ coins.

For some reason, I feel like they might bring back some of the games from the MK8 promo as some of the rewards. I'd be amazed if they actually had legit 3DS & Wii U games up for sale next month, but for like 1,000+ coins.

That would be fine as long as they use some better judgment on region parity, like giving NA less than half of the options elsewhere was pretty lame.

Top Bottom