• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Those high priced items will most likely be limited physical goods, which will be snapped up instantly by the people who had 2k+ coins prior to the announcement. Spending real money to boost your coin count is a fool's errand.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting some codes for the games I did intend-to-buy surveys on, but at this point, it would just cost me too much to get a decent amount built up again.

I still wonder if it'll actually be new rewards or just "HEY, here's all the different physical stuff we had over the years! Now's your 2nd & last chance to get them!".

SmithnCo

I'll be lucky to get a decent VC game. At least I got those Smash posters already. I'm mostly interested in what the last plat reward will be. Probably more VC stuff.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm mostly interested in what the last plat reward will be. Probably more VC stuff.
It's sadly digital games again for Gold/Platinum members like last year. I sent Nintendo an e-mail stating I was hoping for something special for members who reached Platinum all 7 years in a row.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'll be happy with the Yoshi plush goes up for 1200 coins (or less). I don't think we'll see any of the really ancient stuff (ie; Hanafuda cards), but maybe some of the recent stuff that Japanese Club Nintendo has and wants to clear out. My expectations are probably way too high.

SmithnCo

It's sadly digital games again for Gold/Platinum members like last year. I sent Nintendo an e-mail stating I was hoping for something special for members who reached Platinum all 7 years in a row.

Aw well I hope the selection is okay, I'd be happy with one of the WiiU GBA games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aw well I hope the selection is okay, I'd be happy with one of the WiiU GBA games.
Honestly, after the initial shock of "Sorry, no cool physical reward that you can only get here, just games you can buy in-store or on the eShop", it honestly wasn't THAT bad of a selection. I think the main problem was that a decent amount of people (myself included) kind of owned a good amount of what they were offering, really limiting our options.

Edit: Now that I think about it, what would be the chances of them offering previous Platinum prizes as rewards? They can't do it with Gold because...well those were calendars for the most part.

casiopao

Really? I never beat it, but from what I played, Explorers of Sky has a much better story.

If you think it is okay so far, and it is the only version you can get, then go right ahead. But if you can get Time, Darkness, or Sky, I recommend those over GtI.

Ohh yeah sorry for the late reply.T_T

It indeed had much better story if you ask me. The story is actually surprisingly somber which i don't predict it coming from Pokemon game. The foes is also not what we actually thought they were first here.^_^

Platy

Forgot that I had some games to register .... was waiting for another year but .... well =P

ckxrrA0.png

That's gonna be lots of post play surveys xD

zroid

Banned
Forgot that I had some games to register .... was waiting for another year but .... well =P

ckxrrA0.png

That's gonna be lots of post play surveys xD

I know the feeling. I've been registering about 5 games a day since the news went down. The post plays will start raining down in waves pretty soon.

How did it take people so long to notice too :p

I'm soooo tempted to try it, but I just can't.
I tried it and got a code on the first try. I'm only doing it once but I got gold at least
Sorry, but what is this exploit about?

Basically you guess guess the digits after HW2011

I used this website: www.mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom.html
put lower limit 9999 and upper limit 100000 then take the number given and put it after HW2011 and register it on CN

I haven't seen or heard of account deletions because of this but do it at your risk

Blues1990

I tried it and got a code on the first try. I'm only doing it once but I got gold at least

Basically you guess guess the digits after HW2011

I used this website: www.mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom.html
put lower limit 9999 and upper limit 100000 then take the number given and put it after HW2011 and register it on CN

I haven't seen or heard of account deletions because of this but do it at your risk

So, for example, if I typed in HW20115881, would that work?

Blues1990

possibly, it can take a certain number of attempts depend on the code you got. i generated a code and got a working one on my first try so it may be the same for you, if not keep trying.

Huh. I'm surprised that Nintendo has yet to plug this exploit, but I guess it's too late now, what with Club Nintendo coming to a close.

RK128

I tried the Wii Mini CN glitch...and it worked :D! Now at Platinum status, so thank Immaculate for the tip :).

I tried doing it again and got another successful code....but you can only do this per CN account, so if anyone wants a 100 CN Code, please PM me :D.

Edit: Someone PM'd me and I gave the code to them. The trick works if you never registered a Wii Mini, so good luck for everyone getting Platinum status :D.

I felt a little dirty using the Wii Mini exploit, but then I remembered that nobody is buying the Wii Mini. Now I'm only 70 coins away from Platinum status.

Thanks for the tip Immaculate.

jbueno

I´ve got a question. I recently bought a Wii U SM3DW Deluxe Bundle, it came with Nintendoland and SM3DW in their respective cases, Nintendoland had a Club Nintendo PIN, but Mario 3DW didn´t, I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this experience. Did get points for my Wii U system by linking it on the eshop.

Platy

I´ve got a question. I recently bought a Wii U SM3DW Deluxe Bundle, it came with Nintendoland and SM3DW in their respective cases, Nintendoland had a Club Nintendo PIN, but Mario 3DW didn´t, I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this experience. Did get points for my Wii U system by linking it on the eshop.

The game that comes originaly bundled never has a club nintendo pin.

Oh wow so there is people getting multiple Platinum accounts for free right now... That sucks for the people who are earning their coins the hard expensive way.

Can't wait to see cool physical rewards going away super fast to some people who spent 0$ gathering 800 coins...

Roo

I got 100 coins ... BUT AT WHAT COST ???????

Ehh... looks like Nintendo is already on it.
There's a massive thread on reddit and apparently Nintendo is banning and locking, accounts and NNID so you guys better watch out what you're doing.

Isn't it dead in April? Did they day there would be a gift?

Yes, you have until march 31th to reach Platinum and the reward will be given in April.

By the way, I am surprised that we are permitted to talk about this abuse on GAF... Talking about it to deter people from doing it is good I guess. I can see Nintendo taking actions against people who abuse it.

RK128

Oh wow so there is people getting multiple Platinum accounts for free right now... That sucks for the people who are earning their coins the hard expensive way.

Can't wait to see cool physical rewards going away super fast to some people who spent 0$ gathering 800 coins...

The only reason I'm using the Wii Mini glitch was due to Majora's Mask 3D not having a CN Code (so...no way to get to platinum :l). And Nintendo has a fail-safe with that glitch; you can only use it once per account, so you can only use the glitch once; people aren't getting hundreds of points for free, only 100 points for free.

I'm sorry if I did something wrong :(....but I'm new to CN and Nintendo in general (I recently got my 2DS and lost a lot of my CN codes), so while I didn't have the right to use the Wii Mini glitch, I don't feel bad for using it :l.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haha what?

So it's a digital reward for sure?
To quote Club Nintendo:

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

Roo

Link ?

Dude registered TWENTY THREE

=P
I obviously didn't read the whole thing but people has been banned throughout the entire thread.

One guy said he used his family account to look "less suspicious" xD

i dont see any definitive proof there. All i see are photoshop and javascript image edits to the CN website and people whoring themselves out for money/codes

A friend sent me the link to that thread and just wanted to warn people in case it is really happening.
Edit: reading further I think you're right.
Still, I think it's a silly thing to do but whatever.

Top Bottom