• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

-Horizon-

For some reason, I feel like they might bring back some of the games from the MK8 promo as some of the rewards. I'd be amazed if they actually had legit 3DS & Wii U games up for sale next month, but for like 1,000+ coins.
They might save the bigger software titles for the final gold/platinum rewards.

I'm expecting VC and other eshop only titles for February.

Just registered a bunch of Wii/3DS/Wii U games at home, and I now have 1000 coins. I think I have a couple left back at my dorm, but I don't think I'll get much higher unless I buy a couple of older games.

Anyone else slip up with the post-play surveys? I lost about 300 coins worth from expired surveys. :(

Sealtest

If we don't get physical rewards this year I'd love Shantae and the Pirates curse for WII U to be an option for digital. ( I know it won't be :< )

Roto13

I think I've only missed one post play survey. The New Super Mario Bros. 2 post play survey shows up as expired in my history.

If I miss out on a reward by 10 coins, I'm going to kick myself.

Roto13

I missed both Smash ones because of the holidays. I totally forgot.

I hope that doesn't mess up my CD or Mewtwo getting :(

Did you do the claim thing for the CD and do you see this on your To-Do list?

wgPVexk.png

donny2112

After the post-play surveys come in, should be just over 2000 coins. I'm thinking that there won't be any huge items like the Luigi Statue but probably more like clearing out the odds and ends left over from CN over the years. Despite that, still hoping the Mario Kart 7 trophies are an option. Was one of the few CN Europe items I would've really liked to get. :)

Juraash

So yesterday I entered my codes that I've been procrastinating on and got to about 70 coins from plat. Are the post play surveys for 10 coins a pop still a thing in the waining days of the service? Cause I should have enough to get platinum that way. Easier and cheaper than buying something else to get there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, I keep forgetting about that Mario pillow. & there's a Kirby one as well? A shame we never got either one...

Hatchtag

Banned
Site's officially in maintenance mode.
I already got 4 platinum accounts and a gold account lol.
EDIT: And it's out! Time to get more.
DOUBLE EDIT: Exploit still up lol.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I don't think there's any way I'll be able to redeem all my coins for stuff. I've managed to accrue several thousand coins, and I'm fairly sure MOST game downloads that will be offered will be stuff I already have...

(What's ironic about this is that there is a good chance a chunk of the game downloads will offer CN coins...)

I suppose there is always a chance we'll get some GOOD stuff soon, and I'll be online at the right time to order it... or, perhaps, we'll get the Coins -> eShop thing Japan got.

Anth0ny

Site's officially in maintenance mode.
I already got 4 platinum accounts and a gold account lol.
EDIT: And it's out! Time to get more.
DOUBLE EDIT: Exploit still up lol.

you're doing this with the exploit? over and over?

there's no way your accounts get out of this alive lol

Hatchtag

Banned

We'll see. I (possibly stupidly) redeemed some VC games across two NNIDs, plus ordered some posters. But I didn't do the exploit at all on my main one (though I did redeem the VC games on a NNID linked to it). Right now I'm just prepping accounts for Platinum status and coins to redeem in February. I'm not even doing it very often, just whenever I happen to be browsing the internet anyways.

MarkusRJR

Steel Diver was $5 at Best Buy, kind of surprised. Is it worth many coins?

Also, do Rusty's Real Deal Baseball and Steel Diver: Sub wars give coins? I kind of want to try them out and had the thought that they might be worth coins.

eggwolio

Steel Diver was $5 at Best Buy, kind of surprised. Is it worth many coins?

Also, do Rusty's Real Deal Baseball and Steel Diver: Sub wars give coins? I kind of want to try them out and had the thought that they might be worth coins.

Yes on both and they're both pretty decent. Rusty is one I go back to often.

TunaLover

I did it once ( /.\ ), will wait until febreruary to make the last one, not sure if Nintendo would detect fake ones, but registering like 10 Wii Minis at once seems like an overkill, and an easy way to get banned.

zigg

Yes, a game if I remember right. Sometime in march.
April, actually.

http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

Grym

I did it once ( /.\ ), will wait until febreruary to make the last one, not sure if Nintendo would detect fake ones, but registering like 10 Wii Minis at once seems like an overkill, and an easy way to get banned.

I thought you could only register one Wii mini for coins. After that they register to your product list but you don't get points for it. Is that wrong? regardless I'm still 200 coins from platinum so I won't be doing it. I have too many coins to blow in Februaryand don't wanna suicide my account.

zigg

So I guess my refusal to exploit CN means that I'm going to be that much further behind with buying power for the scant physical rewards that are supposed to show up next month, despite having actually purchased a lot of games and systems for myself.

Thanks a bunch, everyone.

KarmaCow

So I guess my refusal to exploit CN means that I'm going to be that much further behind with buying power for the scant physical rewards that are supposed to show up next month, despite having actually purchased a lot of games and systems for myself.

If it makes you feel better, you were probably never in the running unless you had tons of coins prior to this.

But yea, this is why we can't have nice things.

TunaLover

I thought you could only register one Wii mini for coins. After that they register to your product list but you don't get points for it. Is that wrong? regardless I'm still 200 coins from platinum so I won't be doing it. I have too many coins to blow in Februaryand don't wanna suicide my account.
You always can register Wii Minis for your family accounts, you can get coins that way.

I didn't use the exploit either, but I don't think you're going to get much sympathy with that attitude, lol.

Smough

Neo Member
I registered a wii mini but there is no "product registration survey"
why is this happening to me ? I really need the 100 coins

Mecca

I think that it won't be an issue; the worst that will happen is that they take 100 coins off peoples account with a Wii Mini and request some additional information (I guess the consoles pin number?) to get the coins back. The worst will be locking CN accounts :l.

I'm not sure how Nintendo could verify an actual purchase. The Wii Mini doesn't have a separate PIN#. The PIN# is the serial# on the back of the unit. Why! Nintendo! Why! :/

I'm in the same boat as you and actually doing this the legit way. I was thinking of opening my limited edition WW bundle to register the game, but now I'm thinking what's the point if people are inflating their coins. My measly 1000 or whatever I get when I'm done registering everything won't mean anything.

SmithnCo

I feel bad because the physical rewards are probably gonna go fast when they do show up, partly due to the exploit. I'll only have like 300 coins so it won't affect me but the people who bought a ton of games legit might be pissed.

Chibot

Is anyone else having trouble registering games that should still be eligible for coins?

I tried entering codes for:

Kirby's Epic Yarn
Flingsmash
Wii Party

All three gave me the "Sorry! Registration for this game has expired. Thank you for your interest in Nintendo products" message. Flingsmash and Wii Party still show up in my to-do list and are nowhere near expiration.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I feel bad because the physical rewards are probably gonna go fast when they do show up, partly due to the exploit. I'll only have like 300 coins so it won't affect me but the people who bought a ton of games legit might be pissed.

1200 coins remaining here, even after the recent 700 coin t-shirt. I am not thrilled.

RaidenZR

The rewards will probably favor digital stuff they don't have to rely on inventory or shipping costs for. I'm thinking it will favor that ratio 9:1.

And What exploit? What did I miss?

Is anyone else having trouble registering games that should still be eligible for coins?

Kirby's Epic Yarn
Flingsmash
Wii Party

All three gave me the "Sorry! Registration for this game has expired. Thank you for your interest in Nintendo products" message. Flingsmash and Wii Party still show up in my to-do list and are nowhere near expiration.

I did with Sin & Punishment, but the fine print on the code's insert said sometime in 2014. So those games you mentioned sound like a similar timeframe. They probably expired sometime last year, but since Club Nintendo's database is held together with chewing gum and popsicle sticks, their To-Do lists are probably not to be trusted.

Speaking of which, does the site simple not load for anyone in Chrome? I had to install Firefox just to simply enter codes. I had this problem on PC at work and home, and even on Chrome on my iPad.

TunaLover

I don't think so because I successfully registered the console but they didn't reward me any coins because there were no survey to fill up.
Did you register a Wii Mini previously? I think now is only possible register one Wii Mini per account (including family accounts) to get coins.

zroid

Banned

Kirby's Epic Yarn
Flingsmash
Wii Party

I think you might be confused. The to-do list is for the intent to buy bonus, which doesn't really expire. It's just there as a reminder. The codes for the three games you listed have expired, though. Since around 2010, codes started expiring 4 years from their release date.

Top Bottom