• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Chibot

I think you might be confused. The to-do list is for the intent to buy bonus, which doesn't really expire. It's just there as a reminder. The codes for the three games you listed have expired, though. Since around 2010, codes started expiring 4 years from their release date.

Oh, I guess I was. Thanks for the info. It's an odd system- I was just able to register Mario Party DS (2007) for 40 coins, yet Kirby's Epic Yarn has expired.

RaidenZR

Wii Mini serials are easy to brute force, so people have been using a bunch of the codes to get a ton of points over multiple accounts.

Oh wow. People are that desperate? Sounds like a Nintendo response waiting to happen...

There's such a scramble to get maximum value for codes in, but in the end we all know it will end up being codes to digitally download Urban Champion.

aechris

This past page of this thread has made me sick. A loyalty program that gives out cool stuff for buying Nintendo stuff, and people taking advantage of it. If this is how it's going to be, I'm glad the program is shutting down.

RK128

This past page of this thread has made me sick. A loyalty program that gives out cool stuff for buying Nintendo stuff, and people taking advantage of it. If this is how it's going to be, I'm glad the program is shutting down.

This does suck for people actively buying games to ensure they get platinum.....but doing the exploit once to make up for future games not having CN codes isn't immoral I think :l. I only did it once due to MM3D not having a CN code (sucks that is happening :() and I do not plan on doing it again; that would be unfair to all the people trying to get the rewards next month :).

Still, Nintendo will lock down on this once February rolls in; people with multiple Wii Minis will lose their coins (or if they spend the coins, their CN account is locked or something). People who only did it once? I don't think anything bad will happen; the very worst is that 100 coins will be taken from accounts and if people want the coins back, they have to send proof they got a Wii Mini (either picture, or something :l).

Nintendo's future service that is replacing CN will not have this issue, as I see it being a lot like PS+, but instead of paying for a year, you buy a game every month or two to keep your membership (or you can pay with real money).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, I better not see lots of complaining about any prize issues next month and so on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me now hopes for some OSTs. I'd love one for Mario Kart 8, especially if they had the Pack 1 DLC tracks.

...or maybe I'm just being impatient on my SSB OST because damn I want to hear some of those tracks in my car and I want something new to listen to & I can't afford the World Ends with You OST at the moment.

zigg

Finally have all my codes in. Glad nobody sniped any of mine, at least. It was awful when I saw GAFfers try to register a product only to be blocked because someone generated a new code that matched theirs.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I'm also kind of happy it's going away because it was really badly put together. The poor rewards are only a recent thing—the policies around expiration have always been terrible, encouraging code hoarding instead of getting Nintendo the feedback about their products they wanted in a timely fashion.

Hopefully if they do choose to do surveys in the new loyalty program, they'll avoid these problems.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Part of me now hopes for some OSTs. I'd love one for Mario Kart 8, especially if they had the Pack 1 DLC tracks.

I would be so happy on having soundtracks being put up... EU sure got a few of them! The Mario 3D World one looked great!

That's me being hopeful. Probably more leftovers of shoe laces and Wii straps.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now I'm expecting something to appear that I'll want for 500 coins but can't get because I have 460.

Just noticed that the current digital games up now state they're available until 6/30. Guessing the games that'll appear next month will be available until then as well.

This does suck for people actively buying games to ensure they get platinum.....but doing the exploit once to make up for future games not having CN codes isn't immoral I think :l. I only did it once due to MM3D not having a CN code (sucks that is happening :() and I do not plan on doing it again; that would be unfair to all the people trying to get the rewards next month :).

Still, Nintendo will lock down on this once February rolls in; people with multiple Wii Minis will lose their coins (or if they spend the coins, their CN account is locked or something). People who only did it once? I don't think anything bad will happen; the very worst is that 100 coins will be taken from accounts and if people want the coins back, they have to send proof they got a Wii Mini (either picture, or something :l).

Nintendo's future service that is replacing CN will not have this issue, as I see it being a lot like PS+, but instead of paying for a year, you buy a game every month or two to keep your membership (or you can pay with real money).

How is doing it once any different from doing it multiple times? Don't try to rationalize what you did. I really don't care about the exploits, but don't try to act like it was justified.

RK128

Oh! I have an idea on how Nintendo can avoid issues with people entering 'false' systems within the system; have the coins be tied to linked-CN/what ever future program Nintendo sets out to do accounts.

That way people actively have to link their purchased platforms with the program, get the credit that the system is worth, and avoid issues that the Wii Mini exploit is creating :).

People with no internet would just call Nintendo to do this instead :).

RK128

How is doing it once any different from doing it multiple times? Don't try to rationalize what you did. I really don't care about the exploits, but don't try to act like it was justified.

:(...Your right, I know it wasn't justified and I've not own my 2DS long enough to say its okay (like when Sony had the God of War Collection glitch with the Vita a while back or when they opened the floodgates with PS1/PSP compatibility for the Vita).

You know what, I'll make up for it :D. Right now I have....175 coins, so I can get DK GB or Mario Land. What ever one most you guys prefer, I will get and if anyone wants it, just PM me :). I would use ModBot to do it....but I have no idea on how that works :(.

donny2112

I don't think there's any way I'll be able to redeem all my coins for stuff. I've managed to accrue several thousand coins, and I'm fairly sure MOST game downloads that will be offered will be stuff I already have...

If after getting everything I want and can get, there are still coins left over, plan on buying some good games and giving away the codes here. Something to consider. :)

So I guess my refusal to exploit CN means that I'm going to be that much further behind with buying power for the scant physical rewards that are supposed to show up next month, despite having actually purchased a lot of games and systems for myself.

Thanks a bunch, everyone.

This. Really hope Nintendo weeds out the exploited Wii Mini coins before putting up the new rewards.

RK128

I got the DK GB game for the 3DS, so if anyone wants it and didn't use the Wii Mini glitch, please PM me :).

It won't really make up for anything, but at least I did something good with the glitch :D.

donny2112

"You see this Nintendo pencil? 1000 coins."

:[

Would be depressing to see but I wouldn't put it past them to overinflate coin prices one last time.

They've inflated the prices on stuff that we've seen be repeats, so probably would here, too, yeah. Hopefully not that bad, though. :)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They should let us get the full Kid Icarus Uprising AR card set.
Please.

Remember when NoA was thinking of selling them in stores? I remember. I also remember when EU got boosters in their Club Nintendo... and even could purchase a pretty binder in stores...

Darn NoA.... :(

So a friend of mine who worked for Nintendo last year (yes, yes, I know...) told me why CN is probably shutting down. This was after I mentioned to him that it was shutting down, which is why he told me. *shrug* I have 90 coins until Platinum, and dammit I want it.

If I use my coins to get Super Metroid, do I still have to pay the transfer fee to get it onto my WiiU?

Rocky

Banned
So a friend of mine who worked for Nintendo last year (yes, yes, I know...) told me why CN is probably shutting down. This was after I mentioned to him that it was shutting down, which is why he told me. *shrug* I have 90 coins until Platinum, and dammit I want it.

If I use my coins to get Super Metroid, do I still have to pay the transfer fee to get it onto my WiiU?

Yes, but its only like a $1.50, so its like buying a VC game for a much more reasonable price.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
We only got like 6 cards ever in the US.
It is suffering.

There were some ways of getting them. Well, the game itself had a few, and there was a promo in a Game Informer, and one or two promos in Nintendo Power (as well as one issue that had a whole booster inside, but in a Walmart I went to they were all stolen :/) I was also able to grab a bunch at PAX Prime a few years ago for trying the demo, and winning a match in a multi-player game. But that was it. The reps there said something about how Nintendo "couldn't get the license to selling the boosters in stores" and at the time there were still plans for Club Nintendo I guess, but that never went through :/

Fandangox

Does it have the Wii Banner on CN? If so, yes.

I think some games have a wi/wii u banner, I assume that they are counting those as Wii downloads though.

Does it have the Wii Banner on CN? If so, yes.

I think some games have a wi/wii u banner, I assume that they are counting those as Wii downloads though.

Yeah, it had "Wii" on it, which is why I was asking.

Also, the story I was told is that Nintendo last year was restructuring their database and getting new computers, equipment, etc. The problem was that, for whatever reason, all of the CN information was never able to get transferred over with all of the other stuff. So they had all this new equipment, and then a bunch of old(er) computers that still had the CN info on it.

That's the theory I was told. In a way it makes sense because "lolnintendo." But even putting aside my Nintendo bias, I can sort of see why that's an issue if they are unable to get that information over.

-Horizon-

Yeah, it had "Wii" on it, which is why I was asking.

Also, the story I was told is that Nintendo last year was restructuring their database and getting new computers, equipment, etc. The problem was that, for whatever reason, all of the CN information was never able to get transferred over with all of the other stuff. So they had all this new equipment, and then a bunch of old(er) computers that still had the CN info on it.

That's the theory I was told. In a way it makes sense because "lolnintendo." But even putting aside my Nintendo bias, I can sort of see why that's an issue if they are unable to get that information over.

Info locked to hardware. That is some ironic stuff if true lol.

RaidenZR

And...? Are you going to share?

edit: Nevermind. Slow.

Hatchtag

Banned

Meh. I spend enough on Nintendo products every year and put up with enough of their limited supply, region locking, and lack of account system bullshit that I don't feel any guilt ripping off their shitty rewards system.

VICI0US

i went through and redeemed about 30 CN codes that I had sitting in reserves for future platinum status

sitting at about 2500 coins, now to wait for all these post-plays to roll in and hope we get some nice items/games in february.

I am 40 coins away from platinum status after registering everything I can find. Anyone have a spare code? Really could use some help....we only have until the end of January, correct?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No, you have until March 31st. Then the entire month of April, you can choose your Gold/Platinum digital game reward.

Top Bottom