• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

So I need to go buy something that has already released? Oy vey.

Yes, if you haven't registered the free apps and games such as Pokemon Bank, Steel Diver Wars and Rusty Baseball I would do that. They give out coins and cost nothing. That should put you over the 40 coin mark that you need.

Artorias

Banned
Would anyone be interested in trading an eshop Zelda ALBW code for coins? I really want more in case something good comes up (I foolishly bought that shirt and an extra card case).

I'm not sure what a fair trade would be though, I've never bought codes before.

RK128

Would anyone be interested in trading an eshop Zelda ALBW code for coins? I really want more in case something good comes up (I foolishly bought that shirt and an extra card case).

I'm not sure what a fair trade would be though, I've never bought codes before.

.....Maybe you can ask someone for another E-Shop code as an replacement? If I'm correct, all e-shop games that are linked to a CN account get coins automatically, so if say someone gives you a KI: Uprising code for you ALBW code, you should get a lot of coins for downloading the game :D!

I would say to give the Wii mini glitch a shot.....but I have no idea what the ramifications of using that does :l; Nintendo IS going to lock down on that stuff once February rolls around, so people abusing that will get punished X(.

I'm sorry if that didn't help you :(. I would have given you my DK GB code but someone asked for that well before your post :l.

Edit: Since you are willing to trade a 40$ game, the amount of coins you should be asking for is 50-70 :).

RK128

Will they be adding more items before it closes -- or should I just waste my coins on the crap that's there now?

On the site they are saying that in February they are having lots of new rewards :D! I'm guessing it will be E-Shop games and a full retail game or two for 400-500 coins :).

Either way, more stuff is coming, so if you can wait, then the rewards will be great I think :).

ryanmac

Banned
On the site they are saying that in February they are having lots of new rewards :D! I'm guessing it will be E-Shop games and a full retail game or two for 400-500 coins :).

Either way, more stuff is coming, so if you can wait, then the rewards will be great I think :).

Thanks.

I have like 800 coins I've been sitting on for about half a year. Nothing interesting really. Here's hoping for February.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Registered my Wii/WiiU/3DS games that I hadn't before. I still have to go through my DS games.

My Lego City Undercover code said it was already used but when I entered it again it worked. Weird.

Crom

Yes, if you haven't registered the free apps and games such as Pokemon Bank, Steel Diver Wars and Rusty Baseball I would do that. They give out coins and cost nothing. That should put you over the 40 coin mark that you need.

Does anyone have a list of all of the free apps that give you points? I thought there were 2 on Wii U but I can't find them anywhere. Thanks

Sapiens

I've been buying a bunch of 3DS stuff I wanted to add to my collection anyway in anticipation. So, even if the rewards aren't amaze-balls, it's okay.

Meh. I spend enough on Nintendo products every year and put up with enough of their limited supply, region locking, and lack of account system bullshit that I don't feel any guilt ripping off their shitty rewards system.

If you felt you had to abuse the glitch, then I probably spent more on Nintendo products last year than you did and I also have to put up with all that nonsense as well, so why are you more entitled than me to what will surely be a very limited supply of the final round of physical rewards?

wiibomb

do you guys know where I can find a list of valid PIN codes and the amount of coins they give? I think I saw something like that once here

Hatchtag

Banned

You're just as entitled to use the glitch.

If you felt you had to abuse the glitch, then I probably spent more on Nintendo products last year than you did and I also have to put up with all that nonsense as well, so why are you more entitled than me to what will surely be a very limited supply of the final round of physical rewards?

Again, just as entitled to use it if you want.

Again, just as entitled to use it if you want.

The question isn't about entitled, the question is about whom you're actually impacting by doing so and whether your rationalization actually makes any sense. Nintendo has already manufactured all the rewards they're going to and they have to ship them all out anyway, so there's no added cost to them whether you or I get any of the physical rewards; you aren't sending a message or hurting them in any way. The only people you're sticking it to are those who earned the coins legitimately, and your stated reasons for feeling entitled to the rewards are even more true for them than for you.

Digital rewards are unlimited, of course, so it makes no difference to me whether you get those or not, but on the other hand, Nintendo probably would not like the prospect of lots more people getting free eShop games than they budgeted, so I hope they do something about the illegitimate coins.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I need 185 coins for Platinum and have no money in my budget for new games...

zigg

Info locked to hardware. That is some ironic stuff if true lol.
It could have a kernel of truth to it, but there's absolutely no way it's locked to hardware. They're using a Java-based platform of some kind, and it's almost certainly backed by Oracle or some similar RDB. It can run anywhere.

That said… it's entirely possible that the old system is giving them issues. The platform it runs on may be unsupported or approaching that state. They may not have adequate in-house knowledge to continue maintaining it. Their existing data is almost certainly crap because of a series of serious mistakes revolving around survey expiration dates.

It probably costs way too much to bring the data over from the old system to the new, in short. But it's not locked to any sort of hardware.

Digital rewards are unlimited, of course, so it makes no difference to me whether you get those or not, but on the other hand, Nintendo probably would not like the prospect of lots more people getting free eShop games than they budgeted, so I hope they do something about the illegitimate coins.
Actually, it does make a difference. The more digital games someone redeems, the less likely they are to (a) buy one of those games they wanted or (b) buy other games because they're already entertained/burned out by what they have. Just because the cost to "manufacture" a digital game approaches zero doesn't mean that there aren't other effects.

evanmisha

I used to be kind of remorseful filling in BS on a Club Nintendo survey to get the coins before they expired, even if I hadn't played the game yet. Now I'm pounding through my backlog while I still can, and the constant bullshit 404 'Whoops!' pages have sucked all of my remorse away.

LSX-Ray

Neo Member
Im about 70 from platinum status looks like im gonna have to buy a new wii u since i gave my nephew my old one. I want LoZ Wii U anyways haha.

I won't be able to check today, but I MIGHT have a Persona Q code I could give someone who needs to make Platinum. I'll post tomorrow and I'll figure out a way to give it away.

RK128

I won't be able to check today, but I MIGHT have a Persona Q code I could give someone who needs to make Platinum. I'll post tomorrow and I'll figure out a way to give it away.

Do you know how to use modbot? I know that works very well (been part of a few PS-themed giveaways and they were always fair :D). That might be a great way to fairly decide who gets the Persona Q code :).

donny2112

I don't feel any guilt ripping off their ... rewards system.

If you only use the coins for digital rewards that have no quantity limit, then you're just ripping off Nintendo. If you use the coins on limited physical items, you're ripping off legitimate Nintendo game purchasers who weren't able to get an item because you did with your ill-gotten coins. Just FYI.

I am 40 coins away from platinum status after registering everything I can find. Anyone have a spare code? Really could use some help....

If you registered games, wait a week for the post-play surveys.

Do you know how to use modbot? I know that works very well (been part of a few PS-themed giveaways and they were always fair :D). That might be a great way to fairly decide who gets the Persona Q code :).

Avoid the NOLURKER tag, as that only works well for the actual Steam thread, and add the below line to your rules in the PM to Modbot to point it at this thread.

THREAD http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480757

Yeah, I need 20 more coins before i can hit platinum.

I have an unused Kirby Dream Land 3 code for WiiU, which would give me 10 coins. So if anyone has like an old Wii/DS code, that'd be great, but I'm not gonna hold my breath, what with me being a newbie and all.

zroid

Banned
I remembered I hadn't yet downloaded Pokémon Bank on my 2nd 3DS so I got 5 extra coins to bring my total back to a multiple of 10. I hate it when the last digit is 5 since all the rewards are in multiples of 10. -_-

Of course now I have to resist the temptation to download PokéTransporter on that 3DS... urrgh

i-Jest

I have like 50+ games to register on my 3ds. there HAS to be a browser app/extension to automate some of this.... right?

Not to my knowledge. You want the coins? You put in the work. Damn, that's SOME reserve you got there. I wish I had 2K in coins going into February. I have a feeling the rewards are going to be good, expensive but good.

TRIFORCE89

Neo Member
I'm 20 coins shy of Platinum because I forgot to do the post-play survey for Mighty Gun Volt (I don't know how I didn't see it, when I was doing the surveys for other games on the to-do list around that time).

Will we be getting coins for Metroid Prime Trilogy at all? I have nothing unregistered to make up the difference

hoserx

I'm 20 coins shy of Platinum because I forgot to do the post-play survey for Mighty Gun Volt (I don't know how I didn't see it, when I was doing the surveys for other games on the to-do list around that time).

Will we be getting coins for Metroid Prime Trilogy at all? I have nothing unregistered to make up the difference

No coins for anything released after 1-20-15.

Daigr

Lucadian Chronicles and Zen Pinball 2

Thanks guys about 200 away from platinum. Already downloaded Steel Diver Wars and Rusty's baseball.

Does the demo for Jett Rocket 2 earn coins still? Another free option for coins if so.

Grym

*sees EU gets Link Between Worlds OST*

Come on, NA, let us get some kind of soundtrack next month...

What is the approximate coin to star conversion ratio? I know EU gets more stars per title than we get coins. Is it 2:1, 3:1, more? It costs EU 3000 stars and I'm just trying to figure out IF (big if) this comes to NA, about what it will cost. 500coins...1000 coins....1500 coins...?

Busaiku

Looks like the average game awards 250 Stars.
Dunno if they get post-plays/pre-regs as well, but it looks like a CD would be about 12 games.

So that'd be like 480 - 840 Coins or something.

Grym

Does the demo for Jett Rocket 2 earn coins still? Another free option for coins if so.

I downloaded all the *potential* freebies last week Wednesday.

Game......................................Registration points..........Post play points
Steel Driver: Sub Wars............5...................................? (told it is 10)
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball...5...................................? (told it is 10)
Lucadian Chronicles..............0...................................? (told it is 15)
Pokemon Bank........................5...................................?
Tank! Tank! Tank!...................0...................................?
Zen Pinball 2....................... ...0...................................?
Jett Rocket II Demo....................0...................................?

I haven't received post play survey coins for any of them yet but any post play survey won't arrive for another 2 days.

I downloaded all the *potential* freebies last week Wednesday.

Game......................................Registration points..........Post play points
Steel Driver: Sub Wars............5...................................? (told it is 10)
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball...5...................................? (told it is 10)
Lucadian Chronicles..............0...................................? (told it is 15)
Pokemon Bank........................5...................................?
Tank! Tank! Tank!...................0...................................?
Zen Pinball 2....................... ...0...................................?
Jett Rocket Demo....................0...................................?

I haven't received post play survey coins for any of them yet but any post play survey won't arrive for another 2 days.

This is similar to what I'm getting.

I have yet to receive anything for Zen Pinball.

Top Bottom