• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

zroid

Banned
Someone help me out, I need to find some rope, and an empty room with a high ceiling that has something to tether the rope to.

sad I missed out on the gold nunchuk, but 900 coins was too much for me.

What would you have spent it on, just out of curiosity? It's not like we have the cool towels or polo shirts...or anything really good, even.

HOLY FUCK the package for the gold nunchuck is worhtless. If I knew this I wouldn't have ordered. Fuck off NOA.

Damn that's terrible. I love how that packaging just screams 'you're a valued club nintendo member'.

zroid

Banned
The shitty part is I registered enough codes up to like 800, so I would be able to use the post-play surveys and NSMB2 code to claim the prize. 3 more freaking days...

Now I'm nearly platinum, my plan for this year to not register anything in advance is completely ruined, and I'm not even getting the nunchuk to show for it. :|

Roto13

HOLY FUCK the package for the gold nunchuck is worhtless. If I knew this I wouldn't have ordered. Fuck off NOA.

By the way, still loving that people like you are getting burned by this. Totally makes up for the fact that I spent all of my coins right before they added it to the rewards.

iphys

Wow, I thought the nunchuk might disappear on the 19th, but it didn't even last that long. Glad I registered my extra codes to get it rather than waiting around for post-plays or NSMB2. Well, at least no one has any reason to be suckered into downloading NSMB2 anymore.

zroid

Banned
Wow, I thought the nunchuk might disappear on the 19th, but it didn't even last that long. Glad I registered my extra codes to get it rather than waiting around for post-plays or NSMB2. Well, at least no one has any reason to be suckered into downloading NSMB2 anymore.

Thou art wise

I'm just going to sit around moping until maybe they bring it back Zelda posters-style

Ha, and that's exactly what I was planning to do, too.

But I am bummed I can't get it now. NSMB2 would've pushed me over 900.

WTF!!!

How was I supposed to earn 650 coins in a week? HOW NOA HOW????

NOA!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should've atleast been up for a year. I mean give someone a chance to save up some damn coins.

NOA...Reggie...

:(

At least I got the handheld cards. That was worth the coins and even if I would've waited I still wouldn't have enough coins for the nunchuck.

The handheld cards are awesome. Yall should get it just to have.

Hope I can buy the nunhcuk sometime next year. My money is already spent this year.

What would you have spent it on, just out of curiosity? It's not like we have the cool towels or polo shirts...or anything really good, even.

I mostly like getting games or other little trinkets.

So far I've gotten....
Game and Watch Collection
Game and Watch Collection 2
a blue "towel" (washcloth)
messenger bag
3ds game card case
red drawstring pouch
blue drawstring pouch
Zelda poster set
Silver DS gamecard case (came with a nice metal stylus)
Xevious 3D
3D Classics Urban Champion (SUCH a waste of 150 coins, ugh)
Mario's Picross VC
Bonsai Barber

I like the gold nunchuk, but I already have four nunchuks anyway. If I didn't have four nunchuks, I probably would have splurged on the 900 coins.
What I really wanted was the hanafuda cards, but I never bothered getting them, and now they're gone.

I've thought about getting the History of Handhelds cards, but they are already out of date, with the 3DSXL.

zroid

Banned
Good news, gang...
well, a glimmer

jbraFJmNlBHLdY_e.jpg

Drago

Just got my Gold Nunchuk in the mail. I really appreciate the lack of gloss on it, and the controller itself looks fantastic. Very glad I got it and it was definitely worth the 900 coins, lack of any special packaging aside.

Now to track down the Gold Wiimote and CCPro...

Korosenai

Just got my Gold Nunchuk in the mail. I really appreciate the lack of gloss on it, and the controller itself looks fantastic. Very glad I got it and it was definitely worth the 900 coins, lack of any special packaging aside.

Now to track down the Gold Wiimote and CCPro...

I just got mine as well. It's gonna go nice with my Gold Controller.

Davey Cakes

I hope Nintendo notices how fast prizes sell out when they're actually good. Might lead to better prizes in the future. At least ones on the level of Japan's.

Clipper

Just bought NSMB 2 from the eShop... I'll try to keep checking back constantly to see when the survey for it goes live. Did anybody get it in the first hour?

Clipper

And the survey was already there the first time I checked. I can confirm it gave 110 coins, which is made up of 40 registration, 60 early registration and 10 ItB coins.

zroid

Banned
Further confirmation that the gold nunchuk will be back:

"Due to popular demand, the Gold Nunchuk sold out quicker than anticipated! We’re hoping to make this golden gem available again. Please check back soon for more details."

backlot

Just bought NSMB 2 from the eShop... I'll try to keep checking back constantly to see when the survey for it goes live. Did anybody get it in the first hour?

I didn't get it in the first hour. I downloaded the game at midnight and checked Club Nintendo at 1:30 before I went to bed but it wasn't up yet.

With Mario 2 and the XL I'm only 110 points away from Platinum already.

Glad to see the Hanafuda cards are now listed as "currently" not in stock. Hope they make a come back.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
With Mario 2 and the XL I'm only 110 points away from Platinum already.

Glad to see the Hanafuda cards are now listed as "currently" not in stock. Hope they make a come back.

You weren't Platinum on July 1st? Slacker.

Further confirmation that the gold nunchuk will be back:

"Due to popular demand, the Gold Nunchuk sold out quicker than anticipated! We’re hoping to make this golden gem available again. Please check back soon for more details."

Even Nintendo thought 900 coins was a rip off, but people bought it anyway.

Kazerei

Banned
Well, this is weird. I picked up NSMB2 today and when I entered the PIN, it says the PIN has already been registered. I just bought the game new. What the hell. I sent an email to Nintendo's customer support, but has this happened to anyone else?

Chrom

Well, this is weird. I picked up NSMB2 today and when I entered the PIN, it says the PIN has already been registered. I just bought the game new. What the hell. I sent an email to Nintendo's customer support, but has this happened to anyone else?

Check your To Do list. It's a known glitch where it might say it's already been registered before but it shows up as registered on your account anyway. This happened with me and Mario Party 9.

iphys

Check your To Do list. It's a known glitch where it might say it's already been registered before but it shows up as registered on your account anyway. This happened with me and Mario Party 9.

Sometimes you have to wait a bit for it to update in the system though, because it happened to me with a game I had intended to buy, and right after, I could still see it at the end of my list as needing to be registered and prompting me for the code again, and it was only when I logged in again later that the registration survey was at the start of my to-do list.

Kazerei

Banned

Sometimes you have to wait a bit for it to update in the system though, because it happened to me with a game I had intended to buy, and right after, I could still see it at the end of my list as needing to be registered and prompting me for the code again, and it was only when I logged in again later that the registration survey was at the start of my to-do list.

Thanks guys, it seems like this was the same problem.. I did the Intend-to-Buy survey for NSMB2 too.

I logged out, waited awhile, and logged back in, and the registration survey is on my To-Do list. Yay!

Edit: Kirby's Dream Collection is up for Intend-to-Buy. Hope y'all are excited for it :)

ohlawd

lol glad to see there's some hope left for some of you.

I already got my gold nunchuck (the box is shit but it's better than nothing) and I'm not planning on ever opening it.

Reclaimer

Question: I have multiple Ds/3ds systems. If I use my coins to purchase a downloadable game, can I choose which one to download it on?

Top Bottom