• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
probably processing thousands of Earthbound orders simultaneously...

I'm currently debating what to order -- multiple years of tracking codes has resulted in a small surplus in CN coins -- and I already own essentially everything on the digital downloads.. I may have to buy some early birthday presents.

eggwolio

I'm going to do my final CN Spreadsheet update this weekend... it should help with the last-few-months of CN registrations.

I keep stumbling across CN slips and find myself unsure if they have been used or not. It's annoying.

*pours one out for the spreadsheet*

Everyone in this thread owes you a debt of gratitude for what you've done for us during Club Nintendo's life. Thank you, sir.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
*pours one out for the spreadsheet*

Everyone in this thread owes you a debt of gratitude for what you've done for us during Club Nintendo's life. Thank you, sir.

It was a group effort.

Clipper helped out a lot during the Google Docs conversion, and I did get some e-mails from folks, but... I'm not going to miss the weekend "scour the eShops for missing titles" sessions.

I think I'm going to keep it going, in a altered form, as a way to track historical eShop sales/releases/removed titles. I haven't seen any other source that appears as comprehensive. Maybe I should open it up a bit and get some help, though. I do have to catch up, though -- the last full update to the thing was at the end of December, and I need to add in all the January releases.

Ozium

well... surely the new rewards program (they said one was coming right?) will need a spreadsheet..

hope remains eternal

Jomjom

Banned
I got my orders for the cartridge case and messenger bag two days ago, but now I can't get in again to register the rest of my codes to get the Zelda 3ds pouch.

I cannot get the Nintendo list to load https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do so I want to double check here. Only first party Wii titles have Club Nintendo codes, right?

Also for the Wii U does ZombiU and Tekken Tag have codes for the physical copies?

Oh, I just remembered I also have the Nintendo 3DS XL Legend of Zelda A Link between Worlds Bundle which I never opened. How many points do I get for that?
Can I open the box and take out the paper with the code and still keep everything mint? The paper is not sealed inside a plastic pouch is it?

zigg

Man, it's getting tense in here. It's okay, everyone—there's still eight weeks to earn more coins and almost five months left to redeem them, particularly if they're digital and won't be running out.

Honestly, they should've toghtened parental controls than let everyone on the planet using it innocently have to pay the consequences.
So, um, how does one do that, exactly?

100% blocking based on IP. I just tried using VPN and it worked perfectly. A paid VPN. Tunnelbear gave me the same error. Even clicking on anything else while logged in on VPN (after turning off VPN) brings up the maintenance page. This is a new low.

I even tried a UK IP on VPN and it was the same maintenance page.

Edit: Tried more locations to access club.nintendo.com. Results - Canada= maintenance. US generic= works. US east coast (and west coast 2 sep locations)= works. Japan = maintenance.

Ozium

just got off the phone with nintendo customer service about my orders not going through but then getting coins deducted... he said that even though coins were taken no orders were made since there are no order inquiry codes for it, and that my coins should be replaced automatically...

said if takes more than a few days or I end up getting the codes to call them and they can do something.

we'll see

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Anyone have any opinions either way on Fluidity Spin Cycle? Just one of the games I've been mulling over.

So Nintendo's solution for website overloading is to... region lock the site. Instead of scaling up capacity like every other sane company would do, they just blocked everyone who doesn't access the site from one country.

If anyone was wondering whether they might be softening on their stance on region locking for the future, well, here's your answer.

100% blocking based on IP. I just tried using VPN and it worked perfectly. A paid VPN. Tunnelbear gave me the same error. Even clicking on anything else while logged in on VPN (after turning off VPN) brings up the maintenance page. This is a new low.

I even tried a UK IP on VPN and it was the same maintenance page.

Edit: Tried more locations to access club.nintendo.com. Results - Canada= maintenance. US generic= works. US east coast (and west coast 2 sep locations)= works. Japan = maintenance.

Works fine now but I couldn't finish Shantae survey. (Outside US)

teeg

So Nintendo's solution for website overloading is to... region lock the site. Instead of scaling up capacity like every other sane company would do, they just blocked everyone who doesn't access the site from one country.

If anyone was wondering whether they might be softening on their stance on region locking for the future, well, here's your answer.

I'm in Canada and it works just fine for me at work all day today, but I get the Maintenance page at home. So I don't think the site is blocking by country.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So, um, how does one do that, exactly?

I'm not Nintendo, but surely a big company like that could've thought of something? 2-step verification or something maybe where you need to confirm via email too or something? I dunno...

Unless you think they made the good choice with not letting ANYONE share messages on Swapnote that don't involve children's safety, because one ONE incident that occured.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Uh. It looks like they're still adding physical rewards.

The Luigi+Pikmin+Wind Waker poster set is there today for me (don't remember seeing it before), and my girlfriend is seeing the Kirby Epic Yarn patches on her computer (they don't show up on my side even after a few reloads of the reward page... weird).

wiibomb

The Luigi+Pikmin+Wind Waker poster set is there today for me (don't remember seeing it before), and my girlfriend is seeing the Kirby Epic Yarn patches on her computer (they don't show up on my side even after a few reloads of the reward page... weird).

they have been there

I know some Wii Games are eligible to be redeemed but im not finding any club Nintendo codes in any of my games. It shows I registered my Twilight Princess code last year but I have no code for it in here so no idea how I redeemed it. Is it the serial number?

teeg

I'm not seeing these patches on the rewards page. Is anyone else? Is it just the 2 different sets (Monster truck & UFO and Kirby & Prince Fluff)?

carlos

got quite a few codes up for trade
skyward sword
nsmb wiiu
mario sports mix
kirby collection
pokemon x (or is it y?)
mario party 9

and a couple of others; PM me if interested

zroid

Banned
sigh I'm still debating whether to pick up another 3DS card case... which would be my 5th. I certainly don't need it, but I do like the Zelda cover...

I got Donkey Kong 3D, and now I have 800 coins left and no idea what to spend them on. God. It's amazing in this huge selection of games that I can't find anything I don't already have that I want. Debating getting the Zelda bag just because.

Ozium

I got Donkey Kong 3D, and now I have 800 coins left and no idea what to spend them on. God. It's amazing in this huge selection of games that I can't find anything I don't already have that I want. Debating getting the Zelda bag just because.

well, when I look at the digital offerings my brain auto-deletes things on NES for Wii U and and GB for 3DS (because they are pretty cheap on their own and not worth the coins)

the entire wii section also doesnt exist to me

edit: more people shoudl check out GAME & WARIO.. I got it as the platinum reward and enjoy it for what it is.. it's also nice to have on the HDD as it's more arcade games or party games so the quick access is nice... has some fun games on there, some not so fun ones too but..... the miiverse sketch game is hilarious

sigh I'm still debating whether to pick up another 3DS card case... which would be my 5th. I certainly don't need it, but I do like the Zelda cover...

I just ordered my 7th one, the new 2015 edition one. I don't think you can go wrong with another card case, especially with this one having new covers.
Unless, you don't plan on filling them up before the end of the 3DS cycle (that is if they change the cartridge again with the next generation lol). I ended up giving two of them to my sister, so I really will only have five also, and I think that should last me...I think lol

Finally started to spend the meager amount of coins I amassed. Cashed in 200 coins for Sakura Samurai. Looks fun enough. Now after a couple more post-play surveys, I should have 250 coins left.

Do I get Dillon's Rolling Western or Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move?

Not a huge fan of either tower defense or Lemmings-type puzzles, but both have the Nintendo seal. How's the actual action in D'sRW? Gonna have to think this one out.

zroid

Banned
I just ordered my 7th one, the new 2015 edition one. I don't think you can go wrong with another card case, especially with this one having new covers.
Unless, you don't plan on filling them up before the end of the 3DS cycle (that is if they change the cartridge again with the next generation lol). I ended up giving two of them to my sister, so I really will only have five also, and I think that should last me...I think lol

well can certainly fill them up with DS games lol

just not sure if I really need to fill them up with DS games :p

I'm thinking that I'd rather spend my coins on physical stuff than games though, so I'll probably just grab the case.

well can certainly fill them up with DS games lol

just not sure if I really need to fill them up with DS games :p

I'm thinking that I'd rather spend my coins on physical stuff than games though, so I'll probably just grab the case.

You have got a great point there, I still have a bunch of DS games I need to track down. Looks like I'll need an extra card case now! Haha!
Yeah, I would prefer spending my coins on physical stuff that I can't really find anywhere else. The digital games I can always purchase later on down the road.

Renewed

My plan's to buy both Smash posters. I'm over by 5 coins now... that's gonna irk me for a while. I bought a bunch of cheap games like 3D After Burner II and Gunman Clive. Gonna work on those until MonHun4 time.

Roto13

Finally started to spend the meager amount of coins I amassed. Cashed in 200 coins for Sakura Samurai. Looks fun enough. Now after a couple more post-play surveys, I should have 250 coins left.

Do I get Dillon's Rolling Western or Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move?

Not a huge fan of either tower defense or Lemmings-type puzzles, but both have the Nintendo seal. How's the actual action in D'sRW? Gonna have to think this one out.

I also dislike both of those genres but I had a lot of fun with Minis on the Move, which is closer to Pipe Dream than Lemmings.

I tried to get EarthBound twice and got the Wario error each time.

I just checked it again a minute ago, and surprise, it actually took my coins both times but never sent me a code or a confirmation email either time, so CN just stole my only 500 coins.

Glad that someone was nice enough to gift me Wonderful 101, at least.

If you're using GMail, check your spam. That's where about half of my Club Nintendo emails end up.

Took my coins for chibi robo yesterday and still haven't gotten a code. Just got super mario world and the email came right away. I'm guessing I have to contact Nintendo?

jph139

Everything's been pretty clear for me at this point - slow, but workable. Managed to get EarthBound and Doc Louis' Punch-Out!! a few hours ago.

Once I get my post-play for EarthBound I should have 150 left... town between Super Mario Land and Donkey Kong for the Game Boy. Any thoughts on those?

Roo

Everything's been pretty clear for me at this point - slow, but workable. Managed to get EarthBound and Doc Louis' Punch-Out!! a few hours ago.

Once I get my post-play for EarthBound I should have 150 left... town between Super Mario Land and Donkey Kong for the Game Boy. Any thoughts on those?

Did EarthBound give you any coins? (no counting post play survey)

Nope wario came up saying my coins are safe with him. That fucker stole them. It shows in my coin history that it was purchased. Mario 64 and Mario World worked fine and I received emails.
Yeah, that actually happened to me yesterday, I'm still waiting for my sticker star download code. Fucking Wario.

Ozium

if wario took your coins and it shows in your coin tranaction history but not in your order history then you should be refunded the coins..

this is what a nintendo rep told me

maxcriden

DK '94, no question. One of the greatest GB games, and greatest games period. SML is a fun diversion and unusual Mario entry, and worth playing, but DK will give you many more hours of enjoyment.

Top Bottom