• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

BorntoPlay

As I've stated multiple times in this thread, a nintendo rep told me that if it is not showing up in your order inquiry it means the order did not go through. You should get your coins back. You are waiting for emails that will never come.

Chat with a Nintendo representative, he told me they are currently experiencing some errors in the end order fulfillment system that are causing a delay in Club Nintendo order redemptions... They have a team working on the issue....

Gurrry

SIAP but I was wondering about the Wii games that I can redeem on club nintendo.

I want Punch Out on Wii, but I want to play it on WiiU. Can I get this and get it through the Wii Vitrual Console? Or do I have to actually have my regular Wii out to play it?

What's the general consensus on Harmoknight and Fluidity: Spin Cycle? Looking into getting both of these.
HarmoKnight is a really, really fun game that turns into a total nightmare if you want to 100% it. Which I totally did. Perfects on every level, damn straight.

It is pretty great if you are a fan of rhythm games.

zroid

Banned
HarmoKnight is a really, really fun game that turns into a total nightmare if you want to 100% it. Which I totally did. Perfects on every level, damn straight.

It is pretty great if you are a fan of rhythm games.

perfect with charge attacks or regular attacks?

It's hard to know what a true "perfect" run is since charging makes it a lot more complicated. I did my best tho.

back when the demo came out we all went crazy trying to get the highest score. after a while many of us topped out at a certain number and we thought that was it... then someone came back with an even higher score and it was stunning. :lol

yaesir

don't know, but if it's a digital game the code should be in the order inquiry section... the orders may be delayed, but I'd assume since it's listed in the order that you should get an email eventually..

in my case, and others, they took coins and it shows in the transaction history but no orders were made...

Mine shows as

Feb 5, 2015 Ordered - Super Mario 3D Land
Feb 5, 2015 Ordered - The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening

In the coins and status section but in the Order Inquiries they don't show up. From what you said it didn't get through so I am getting my coins back automatically? Or do I need to contact nintendo?

EDIT: nevermind I saw it on the previous page sorry for asking.

perfect with charge attacks or regular attacks?

It's hard to know what a true "perfect" run is since charging makes it a lot more complicated. I did my best tho.

back when the demo came out we all went crazy trying to get the highest score. after a while many of us topped out at a certain number and we thought that was it... then someone came back with an even higher score and it was stunning. :lol
I could never get charge attacks to work for me, because they always threw me off. So I consider "perfect" to be simply not missing anything. Which was still a massive pain, especially since that meant beating the bosses without taking a single hit.

Ozium

Mine shows as

Feb 5, 2015 Ordered - Super Mario 3D Land
Feb 5, 2015 Ordered - The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening

In the coins and status section but in the Order Inquiries they don't show up. From what you said it didn't get through so I am getting my coins back automatically? Or do I need to contact nintendo?

EDIT: nevermind I saw it on the previous page sorry for asking.

they say it should happen automatically but if it doesn't happen in 4-5 days I'd call them.. that's what I plan on doing.

Dont know about Tekken but ZombiU will only give you coins if its the digital version.

I know this because i have the disc version

Oh man, thanks. :/

btw...

"Oh, I just remembered I also have the Nintendo 3DS XL Legend of Zelda A Link between Worlds Bundle which I never opened. How many points do I get for that?
Can I open the box and take out the paper with the code and still keep everything mint? The paper is not sealed inside a plastic pouch is it?"

anybody?

donny2112

I want Punch Out on Wii, but I want to play it on WiiU. Can I get this and get it through the Wii Vitrual Console? Or do I have to actually have my regular Wii out to play it?

If it's a Wii download, you need to either use a standalone Wii system or the Wii mode of a Wii U to get it. If you use the Wii mode of a Wii U to get it and the Wii U version is already available (or ever made available), it would cost a small fee to upgrade the Wii version to the Wii U version.

btw...

"Oh, I just remembered I also have the Nintendo 3DS XL Legend of Zelda A Link between Worlds Bundle which I never opened. How many points do I get for that?
Can I open the box and take out the paper with the code and still keep everything mint? The paper is not sealed inside a plastic pouch is it?"

anybody?
Aren't the serial numbers on the back of the box somewhere?

decided to pass on the messenger bag, if the decal was white or purple, anything other than black so it could be seen, i would have bought it

might get that 3ds game case since i have games all over the place

Drago

Woah, Japan already got the CD? Interesting. Even better, I think I figured out the final 6 tracks for each disc. Let me go back & look at the track listing that we already know & compare it.

So for the Red disc, it seems the final 6 tracks are:

- Dark Pit's Theme
- Ashley's Theme
- Kappa's Song
- Bathtime Theme (Vocal Mix)
- Save The World, Heroes!
- Tetris: Type A

As for the Blue disc:

- Circuit (Mario Kart 7)
- Legendary Air Ride Machine
- Duck Hunt Medley
- The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley
- Mii Plaza
- Mario Paint Medley

BOOOOOOO no Mega Man music....As for those last two songs on the Blue disc, I think those are for the Miiverse stage that'll be added eventually. I know the Mario Paint Medley was found on the SSB Wii U disc & you can actually listen to it if you search YouTube.
Boooo, no Earthbound tracks. :(

I would have taken any of them. All 3 of the new arranges were amazing.

zroid

Banned
I could never get charge attacks to work for me, because they always threw me off. So I consider "perfect" to be simply not missing anything. Which was still a massive pain, especially since that meant beating the bosses without taking a single hit.

haha, fair. the charge attacks definitely add a whole other layer of challenge to it, that's for sure.

SystemUser

btw...

anybody?

The plastic bag with the Club Nintendo code is usually not sealed with NoA hardware. They use a plastic bag that is not sealed or taped. The AR card pack was the only thing that was sealed withing my 3DS box. My 3DS does have stickers that sealed it shut. The stickers are fairly hard to remove without it showing. You could do it if you are good at that sort of thing, but you would have to be careful to not get dust or lint under the seal.

Nintendo sent me an automatic form email, but it has a section about if you got an error and didn't receive a code, or accidentally ordered the same digital reward twice.

Ordered a Club Nintendo Reward but did not receive download code/order confirmation email:

We're aware of this issue and your Coins are truly safe. Please watch for an order confirmation email next week. It will include your download code. If you happen to have ordered more than one of the same digital reward in error, please do not redeem any additional codes.

Nintendo sent me an automatic form email, but it has a section about if you got an error and didn't receive a code, or accidentally ordered the same digital reward twice.

I haven't gotten an automated email yet, and I had the correct coin amount deducted from my bank, but I did receive in triplicate confirmation orders the day I placed my orders initially leading me to believe I placed 3 orders per item.

Honestly, it's just a mess this last week.

Ocaso

So I recently bought Layton and the Diabolical Box thinking it would get me the few coins I needed for Platinum, but upon registering I didn't get a registration survey or coins. I thought it was a mistake but now I see the game isn't listed among the Eligible DSi games while Curious Village and Miracle Mask are. Did this game ever give out coins?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I've just uploaded the final version of the Club Nintendo spreadsheet. It should list all CL eligible games, totals, etc. up until January 20th.

I think I'm going to keep tracking sales/etc. for Nintendo platforms, but I'll move that to a new page.

Overall stats:

Max Coins Possible on a Single User Account: 59,130
(Assuming one never used family accounts to register multiple copies of a title.)

Total Cost of All Rewards Ever Offered: 71,720
(Assuming one bought each reward when first offered.)

Bonus Survey Coins: 300

Cost to Purchase all CN-eligible software/hardware at Launch: $30,780.79

Average Cost per Coin: 55 - 60 cents

Minimum "Real World" Cost of Rewards: 200 coins = $110.67, 400 coins = $221.34, 600 coins = $332.02, 800 coins = $442.69

So I recently bought Layton and the Diabolical Box thinking it would get me the few coins I needed for Platinum, but upon registering I didn't get a registration survey or coins. I thought it was a mistake but now I see the game isn't listed among the Eligible DSi games while Curious Village and Miracle Mask are. Did this game ever give out coins?
It DID give coins at one point, or was LISTED as doing so. It's possible that NOA removed the coins due to age.

DDayton

That stat floors me. In just a few years, it's amazing how much value they've provided (even if earning the rewards costs quite a bit).

I'll miss the Club.

I need to go through the data and make sure hardware isn't being counted weirdly, but that number should be generally correct...

The real problem is that these "costs" are generated using the launch MSRP/eShop values. I should run the numbers and see what the average cost of coins RIGHT NOW is... and, for that matter, see which games offer the best coins-to-dollar ratio this moment.

eggwolio

I've just uploaded the final version of the Club Nintendo spreadsheet. It should list all CL eligible games, totals, etc. up until January 20th.

I think I'm going to keep tracking sales/etc. for Nintendo platforms, but I'll move that to a new page.

Overall stats:

Max Coins Possible on a Single User Account: 59,130
(Assuming one never used family accounts to register multiple copies of a title.)

Total Cost of All Rewards Ever Offered: 71,720
(Assuming one bought each reward when first offered.)

Bonus Survey Coins: 300

Cost to Purchase all CN-eligible software/hardware at Launch: $30,780.79

It DID give coins at one point, or was LISTED as doing so. It's possible that NOA removed the coins due to age.

How about a total cost of games offered as rewards if they were purchased from the eshop?

DDayton

This will be ugly, but...

Cheapest "coins per dollar" from eShop purchases.

Code:
Platform	Title			Cost	Coins	Cost Per Coin
WiiU-e	Shut the Box			0.69	15	0.05
WiiU-e	TOSS N GO			0.99	20	0.05
3DS-e	Darts Up 3D			0.99	15	0.07
3DS-e	Bird Mania Christmas 3D		0.99	15	0.07
3DS-e	SKYPEACE			0.99	15	0.07
WiiU-e	Spikey Walls			0.99	15	0.07
WiiU-e	Poker Dice Solitaire Future	0.99	15	0.07
WiiU-e	GEOM				0.99	15	0.07
WiiU-e	Red Riding Hood			1	15	0.07
WiiUVC	Pinball				4.99	70	0.07
3DS-e	TOYS VS MONSTERS		1.99	20	0.1
3DS-e	Samurai G			1.99	20	0.1
WiiU-e	uWordsmith			1.99	20	0.1
WiiU-e	Toon Tanks			1.99	20	0.1
WiiU-e	BLOK DROPxTWISTED FUSION	1.99	20	0.1
WiiU-e	Heptrix				1.99	20	0.1
3DS-e	American Mensa Academy		4.99	50	0.1
3DS-e	Hotel Transylvania		4.99	50	0.1

Note:
1. These represent currently active sales/prices. However, I haven't added in any sales that STARTED after 1/20 yet. I'll do that later today or this week -- there could be better deals.
2. The "coin total" for each game represents the total possible after completing both the registration survey and the post play for the title.
3. The Wii U VC title Pinball (NES) was giving a 60 coin registration survey at one point -- that may no longer be the case.
4. When I have more time later, I'll make a "cheapest way to get to 200/400/etc." coins chart. That is, which titles to buy to get there... it could be amusing.

kennah

Ugh, am I really going to buy those to get the last few points I need for a calendar.. I guess so.

Maybe my kid will like them :p

DDayton

I just threw this together quickly -- I'll do a better one later.

This little chart should show the cheapest way to get up to 400 coins using just the eShop. The columns on the far left show the cumulative coin totals and costs.

Code:
Platform	Title			Cost	Coins	CoinCost     CoinTotal  CostTotal	
WiiU-e	Shut the Box			0.69	15	0.05		15	0.69
WiiU-e	TOSS N GO			0.99	20	0.05		35	1.68
3DS-e	Darts Up 3D			0.99	15	0.07		50	2.67
3DS-e	Bird Mania Christmas 3D		0.99	15	0.07		65	3.66
3DS-e	SKYPEACE			0.99	15	0.07		80	4.65
WiiU-e	Spikey Walls			0.99	15	0.07		95	5.64
WiiU-e	Poker Dice Solitaire Future 	0.99	15	0.07		110	6.63
WiiU-e	GEOM				0.99	15	0.07		125	7.62
WiiU-e	Red Riding Hood			1	15	0.07		140	8.62
WiiUVC	Pinball				4.99	70	0.07		210	13.61
3DS-e	TOYS VS MONSTERS		1.99	20	0.1		230	15.6
3DS-e	Samurai G			1.99	20	0.1		250	17.59
WiiU-e	uWordsmith			1.99	20	0.1		270	19.58
WiiU-e	Toon Tanks			1.99	20	0.1		290	21.57
WiiU-e	BLOK DROP x TWISTED FUSION 	1.99	20	0.1		310	23.56
WiiU-e	Heptrix				1.99	20	0.1		330	25.55
3DS-e	American Mensa Academy 		4.99	50	0.1		380	30.54
3DS-e	Hotel Transylvania 		4.99	50	0.1		430	35.53

So, for a little more than $30, you can get about 400 coins... however, I'm not sure if the Wii U NES version of Pinball still gives a 60 coin reg. survey.

(Granted, the cost of "buying" coins this way isn't very good, when compared to the value of the item you're trading for.)

randomkid

I've got a sealed box copy of Nintendoland that came with my Skylanders Wii U bundle, I wish there was a way to find out if it has a Club Nintendo code in it without opening it first. I've seen conflicting reports.

rekameohs

Banned
On the "eligible products" page, if a game - for example - said that it rewards 60 coins, does that include the post play survey, or are those done with now? When it says 60, is the most you can receive 60?

zroid

Banned
On the "eligible products" page, if a game - for example - said that it rewards 60 coins, does that include the post play survey, or are those done with now? When it says 60, is the most you can receive 60?

just the game itself (or the registration survey)

eggwolio

Post play surveys are jerks. Twice as many questions for a fraction of the reward. And each seems slightly different, so the form recovery plugin is basically worthless.

Post play surveys are jerks. Twice as many questions for a fraction of the reward. And each seems slightly different, so the form recovery plugin is basically worthless.

Yeah, I let a lot expire back in the day because I thought the amount of questions for only ten points was stupid. Oh well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
With CN shutting down how will they know what games you've bought and registered, especially when it is tied to some event that hasn't yet been released (i.e. Mewtwo)?

donny2112

Still thinking Hyrule Warriors may be a Platinum reward, if we're getting stuff like W101 and Star Fox 3D with coins before Platinum. That or maybe a Hyrule Warriors Season Pass for a Platinum reward. Just something to get people to buy the game.

zroid

Banned
With CN shutting down how will they know what games you've bought and registered, especially when it is tied to some event that hasn't yet been released (i.e. Mewtwo)?

Well CN isn't shutting down officially till the end of June, I think. You just can't register stuff anymore.

Beyond that, well, anyone on 3DS without a NNID should probably get a NNID.

Ordered my Messenger Bag and Earthbound. I now have zero coins.

I really wish the bag had a more interesting color scheme but it's still the most substantial of the physical rewards. The Wonderful 101 was tempting but the Platinum rewards should net me a nice game so I don't mind missing out on it much.

Top Bottom