• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

donny2112

Just gave it away.

I have two codes for the same game. Can I register and get coins for them both?
Not on a single account. However, if you really are desperate for those coins, you can set up a family account and link it to your existing account to pool the coins. This allows you to register one game per attached account.

It's actually very, very easy to setup a family account. You just have to remember to check it for the post-play surveys once in a while.

Davey Cakes

Every week I'm ready to spend my coins on a game and every week I'm left without something I actually want.

Not to be ungrateful but the choices for games are terrible. But maybe that's just my personal taste doing the talking.

When something like PiCTOBits or Mario's Picross goes up, it's an insta-buy. I'm not going anywhere near NES and GB sports games, though.

Every week I'm ready to spend my coins on a game and every week I'm left without something I actually want.

Not to be ungrateful but the choices for games are terrible. But maybe that's just my personal taste doing the talking.

When something like PiCTOBits or Mario's Picross goes up, it's an insta-buy. I'm not going anywhere near NES and GB sports games, though.

It didn't bother me when the cheapy VC games were 100 coins, but now everything is 150

Clipper

I thought there was a bonus for registering within the first 7 days of release? ITB?
Just to sort out where you might have gone wrong...

As said earlier, Early Registration bonuses are valid for 4 weeks from release (although sometimes they do the extra days to make it a whole month). Intend to Buy surveys actually last until the end of the registration period (4-5 years).

The one week period is the time you have to fill in a survey after either entering the code or downloading a game from the eShop.

isny

napkin dispenser
Just to sort out where you might have gone wrong...

As said earlier, Early Registration bonuses are valid for 4 weeks from release (although sometimes they do the extra days to make it a whole month). Intend to Buy surveys actually last until the end of the registration period (4-5 years).

The one week period is the time you have to fill in a survey after either entering the code or downloading a game from the eShop.

So Kingdom Hearts and NSMB2 both still qualify for early reg?

Boney

Banned

Same. And the times when they've had decent choices it's always games already have.

Davey Cakes

Same. And the times when they've had decent choices it's always games already have.
Yeah, that too. It's just bad luck. And I don't have THAT many VC games, so it's not like there would be slim pickings anyway.

Like, it was great that they put up a game such as Majora's Mask. A really high-caliber title. But I already had it. In terms of Zelda games, Nintendo could put up ANY OTHER one in the series and I'd buy it with my points.

isny

napkin dispenser
Only titles published by Nintendo qualify for Early Registration. The 3rd party titles, such as Kingdom Hearts, do not.

So register NSMB2 to get the extra points and sit on KH I guess? I don't want to hit Platinum too early, lol

IrishNinja

okay, so i finally finished off my DS library, i think. and what sucks is, im using this 3DS case for the 9 of those games i have, and the other page is just top-choice DS titles, right? but ive got enough of the latter for a whole other case, so i was thinking of grabbing the standard one...but half of it is an assortment of styluses. why would i want that many of them?! if i could just take that half out and replace it with slots for 9 more carts, id be all over it.

outta curiosity: anyone ever find something like this? i mostly need another case for my DS games, but id love one like the 3DS CN one (ive got those extra inserts anyway), they didn't make a variant JPN DS one that allowed for 18 did they?

FML my friend took too long to pick a time for the Wii U Experience in LA and it sold out.

Whoa, I literally just signed up for it about 15 minutes ago! Only Friday from 4-5:30 was available and I jumped on it!

EDIT Make sure your friend is putting his or her code into the designated field before jumping to conclusions. The available dates wont appear until he/she does.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
This is interesting...

I thought I remembered sub account surveys appearing on the primary account -- this isn't the case, at least any more. Sub account surveys now only seem to appear -and- be accessible from the sub account.

donny2112

I thought it was always like that, or at least it's been that way for quite some time.

Yeah, I don't recall it being any other way. You can see the products registered under any main/sub-account from any main/sub-account, but the surveys were always local to that main or sub-account that I recall.

Sora_N

It should be there when you click on Earn Coins. Are you sure you didn't already do it when it first went up almost two weeks ago?

Does it keep a record anywhere? I MIGHT have but I do these things at work and I do data so I can't really remember for sure.

Clipper

If you can't see it in one of the bars on the Earn Coins page, then you probably did it already. The only other reason would be that the time for it to be filled out just expired, but that shouldn't happen for another fortnight or so.

jgkspsx

Looks like they extended the digital purchase registration surveys? I just bought Dot Runner Complete and it doesn't expire until September 29. I thought it used to be a week.

Edit: Kirby itb is not up for me either.

donny2112

Looks like they extended the digital purchase registration surveys? I just bought Dot Runner Complete and it doesn't expire until September 29. I thought it used to be a week.

That's good. Easy to forget to login to fill out the survey after digital purchase, when you aren't already on the website entering a code in the first place.

jgkspsx

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to me.

Finally called them for a warranty repair on my lower-screen-ridge-perforated top screen bezel. They were slow but very helpful and will fix it free. Anything I need to do to preserve the contents? I will send an unused old SD card with everything backed up, but anything else?

So I just registered my 3DS XL and I didn't receive my 160 coins. Didn't even get a survey to fill out in my to-do list. Now, when I enter the serial number, it just tells me I've already registered the system.

Is this delay typical?

01DragonFly

So I just registered my 3DS XL and I didn't receive my 160 coins. Didn't even get a survey to fill out in my to-do list. Now, when I enter the serial number, it just tells me I've already registered the system.

Is this delay typical?

there should be a PIN number inside your 3ds xl box, usually a small paper with the club nintendo symbol(mario hat),
if that does not work call nintendo to fix it

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Is this delay typical?
Serial number isn't what you need to register. There should be a Club Nintendo card in your box.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
zP6S1.png

Art Academy & Crosswords Plus Intend-to-Buy are up.

These games are supposed to be eShop titles as well aren't they? There's no separate ITB survey for eShop versions like there was with NSMB2.

wowzors

Does anybody use Square Enix codes? I got one with Theatrythm, I would like to trade it for a club nintendo code, but if not I guess I have one to give away :)

Clipper

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to me.

Finally called them for a warranty repair on my lower-screen-ridge-perforated top screen bezel. They were slow but very helpful and will fix it free. Anything I need to do to preserve the contents? I will send an unused old SD card with everything backed up, but anything else?
When I sent mine in for repairs, the instructions said to remove the SD card before sending it in. If I remember correctly, they even said to remove the stylus.

Drago

zP6S1.png

Art Academy & Crosswords Plus Intend-to-Buy are up.

These games are supposed to be eShop titles as well aren't they? There's no separate ITB survey for eShop versions like there was with NSMB2.

Wait... if the intend to buy for Crosswords ends on the 24th, I guess that's coming out on Oct. 1?

Didn't know that. I have a bunch of intend-to-buys to do x_x

So when am I supposed to get the 100 coins for buying NSMB2 digitally? I bought it when it came out, and all that's showed up is the post play survey, which I did.

Edit: Never mind, I'm an idiot. I was looking for a 100 on the transaction history, but it shows up as two separate transactions of 40 and 60.

zroid

Banned
So when am I supposed to get the 100 coins for buying NSMB2 digitally? I bought it when it came out, and all that's showed up is the post play survey, which I did.
Uh oh, did you forget to do the registration survey? That appears the day you purchase it, and expires one week from then. That is what yields the 100 coins, I believe.

Top Bottom