• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Still no code for chibi robo, its been over a week. I just got off the phone with nintendo for the second time and they said the same bullshit to me. I somehow received codes for 3 other games but this one. The guy said that they are waiting to see if the orders "ship" themselves before going in and fixing the issue themselves.

Okay, can someone clear something for me. I thought downloadable games from the eShop wouldn't give you coins after the 20th of January(or some date near that). I bought Punch Out Wii the day it came out, but never got anything.
But just recently I bought; Rayman Legends, Child of Light, and Soul Hackers from the eShop, and I got coins for them.
So when is the last day that downloadable games will give you coins? And why didn't I get coins for Punch Out Wii?

Nairume

Banned
Okay, can someone clear something for me. I thought downloadable games from the eShop wouldn't give you coins after the 20th of January(or some date near that). I bought Punch Out Wii the day it came out, but never got anything.
But just recently I bought; Rayman Legends, Child of Light, and Soul Hackers from the eShop, and I got coins for them.
So when is the last day that downloadable games will give you coins? And why didn't I get coins for Punch Out Wii?
March 31st

You didn't get coins for Punch-Out Wii because it came out after they announced the discontinuation of Club Nintendo and that all games coming out after the announcement would not have coin values.

Roo

Games released AFTER January 20th won't give you coins.
However, if you purchase a game (let's say today) released before that date, you will get them.
All those games you listed were released last year or earlier.

Just bought Captain Toad, to get more coins for my Platinum status (would have waited for a sale if not for this).

No code inside, goddamnit.

It seems to be a known problem, can I simply e-mail them or I need to call?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
It's possible that games reprinted after 1/20 also don't qualify for CN coins.

I feel like one of the press releases said something about new printings not having codes... perhaps something about how new games would still have codes until the stock ran out.

I just wouldn't imagine Captain Toad to be on a second run already.

March 31st

You didn't get coins for Punch-Out Wii because it came out after they announced the discontinuation of Club Nintendo and that all games coming out after the announcement would not have coin values.

Games released AFTER January 20th won't give you coins.
However, if you purchase a game (let's say today) released before that date, you will get them.
All those games you listed were released last year or earlier.
Okay,thanks for clearing that up!

Probably, it only took about two hours to get mine through email and that was redeemed 10 days ago when they were really getting hammered.
Yeah, I've ordered a crapton of downloadable games from CN and I've never had one that took longer than a few hours to get delivered. Hope their lines aren't swamped like the website.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone else getting/not getting Flipnote surveys on their family accounts? My kids want Flipnote too.
If you still need a spare, let me know. All my interest in it went out the window after reading you can't go online & view other users' creations.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Uprising. Assuming you mean Uprising.

But ignore the losers who are about to come running and screaming because they can't appreciate Sticker Star's greatness.

Roto and I agree on too much. Uprising is a better game, but Sticker Star was a lot of fun for me.

Capra

So I've never really done anything Club Nintendo before so I don't know what to expect - Is there usually some huge divide between the selection of gold and platinum games? Or is it just Platinum lets you pick up two instead of one or something similar?

Kid Icarus or Sticker Star?

Halp me gaf!

KI: Uprising so hard over Sticker Star.

So I've never really done anything Club Nintendo before so I don't know what to expect - Is there usually some huge divide between the selection of gold and platinum games? Or is it just Platinum lets you pick up two instead of one or something similar?

Most likely the Platinum rewards will include retail games whereas Gold will for the eShop tier only. That's how it was for last year's Elite rewards.

qko

This might have to go to a different thread, but what happens now if a Nintendo product is lost or stolen. Wasn't one of the main ways to get your NNID and games restored to a new 3ds or Wii U your Club Nintendo information? I never had to make that call to Customer Service, but most people who I've seen stories from stolen/lost 3ds or WiiU always mention giving Club Nintendo Info over the phone.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Watch as the Gold reward is a few 3DS themes of your choice.

......though in all honestly, kind of bums me out they didn't put any up as a reward, even now. 100 coins for a theme, I would've bought one if it was one I liked. I finally grew tired of the Sonic Boom one because of the music.

vgamer1

I finally hit 600 coins and platinum!

Is the Zelda pouch going to be good quality?

Anyone have one of the past club nintendo pouches?

Busaiku

Alright, so next week, I'll get another 20 coins from these post-plays, and then sit at 80 exactly.
Which I can then use for Grill Off With Ultra Hand, and then I'll have the Club Nintendo exclusives.

I'll also be at exactly 0 coins, which satisfies my OCD.

donny2112

I have 370 coins. I'm trying to decide if I should get Star Tropics II or NES Remix. I've never played either.

NES Remix. Star Tropics II is okay, but it's brutal. Wouldn't want to recommend it to anyone without save states or access to a cheat device to take away some of the frustration of the game. Can highly recommend NES Remix, though. Great game, and only the very, very, very last level is really bad in difficulty (and even that's only if you just have to get 3 stars on it).

NES Remix. Star Tropics II is okay, but it's brutal. Wouldn't want to recommend it to anyone without save states or access to a cheat device to take away some of the frustration of the game. Can highly recommend NES Remix, though. Great game, and only the very, very, very last level is really bad in difficulty (and even that's only if you just have to get 3 stars on it).

I loved the original Star Tropics back in the day, that's kind of a shame. I'm not above save-spamming my way through a game (my completed Ghosts n' Goblins save is testament to this), but if it's not an option then maybe I'll just wait until it inevitably shows up on the Wii U VC.

I'd love to get Majora's Mask, but I don't have a classic or Gamecube controller.

im like 80 coins away from getting the second smash poster set....after that im gonna work my way up on getting either a game or getting the messenger bag as a gift.

Top Bottom