• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

zigg

If you still need a spare, let me know. All my interest in it went out the window after reading you can't go online & view other users' creations.
Thanks for helping out with this! My kids will be very happy 😊

I asked Nintendo about this too, so I might have an extra code or two to give away if they come through.

Maybe it depends on whether there is a 3DS registered to each account.
This was my theory too, because I found one on my wife's old disused account (she used to have a 3DS) and I seem to recall my kids didn't register theirs—my son's in particular is my old 3DS handed down. But yeah, I dunno, reading over the rest of the thread.

zroid

Banned
I was trying to decide what to do with my last 600-700 coins since I'd already gotten all the physical rewards I'd wanted. Mulled over the available game rewards for a while, there's some good stuff there obviously but I already own the bulk of it.

Think I'll just go with the t-shirt... even if I don't like it I guess it doesn't really matter. I could always just wear it as pajamas regardless.

i-Jest

So has Nintendo dropped the ban hammer on any accounts for using the wii mini exploit or is there no point in doing it now?

foltzie1

So has Nintendo dropped the ban hammer on any accounts for using the wii mini exploit or is there no point in doing it now?

Would be interesting to see what happens. I bought a lot of eshop codes from someone for about half retail price. I couldnt help but think, what are odds these come from Wii Mini exploit coins.

I was trying to decide what to do with my last 600-700 coins since I'd already gotten all the physical rewards I'd wanted. Mulled over the available game rewards for a while, there's some good stuff there obviously but I already own the bulk of it.

Think I'll just go with the t-shirt... even if I don't like it I guess it doesn't really matter. I could always just wear it as pajamas regardless.
Or you could give poor old Killer Yakuza B a small game and still have some left over change ;_;
I know I'm shameless... poor people can't afford to have pride!

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked and cross-posting with the other Club Nintendo thread. If you buy a digital game that was released before January today, do you still earn coins? Need 15 coins to get DKC3D and I am looking for any eshop recommendations that might qualify towards this goal :)

i-Jest

Would be interesting to see what happens. I bought a lot of eshop codes from someone for about half retail price. I couldnt help but think, what are odds these come from Wii Mini exploit coins.

Indeed. There has been no word on how they're going to handle the situation. There are a few games I want to get but don't have enough coins to get them all. The begging thread is a sad waist land. If bans are still possible I won't risk it but if not then might as well indulge at this point.

RaidenXZ

I'm 90 coins away from Platinum! Downloading Wonder 101 now from the eshop. Does that give me coins at all? And then I think I would be 30 off with no more games to register :(

RaidenXZ

Yeah, 60 coins plus 10 more for the post play survey

Also, I totally forget how post play surveys work. Do they send them automatically some time after registering the codes or do they send them after you play the game. I just registered some older wii u games and I really dont want to start going through them and playing them lol

zigg

I guess I should just stop letting myself get bothered by the fact people still want to try to exploit the system. I guess at least the exploiters didn't end up sniping the physical gifts before I had a chance to redeem them, so I got mine? *shrug*

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked and cross-posting with the other Club Nintendo thread. If you buy a digital game that was released before January today, do you still earn coins? Need 15 coins to get DKC3D and I am looking for any eshop recommendations that might qualify towards this goal :)
Yes, before 1/20. See http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/ for the gory details.

Also, I totally forget how post play surveys work. Do they send them automatically some time after registering the codes or do they send them after you play the game.
You'll get them about a week or so after registration. Registration surveys block post-play surveys, in my experience.

gaiages

Banned
Would this be the right thread to ask about trading Club Nintendo codes? I have a couple extra codes from games I had to buy a second time (SMTIV, Link Between Worlds), and I'm looking to get my hands on a Smash 3DS code. I'd be willing to trade both the codes for the Smash code :D

L95

They mailed you a code? Like printed on something, mailed to your home? That's nuts!

To my knowledge, most people don't call their mailbox an inbox. I could be mistaken, though lol

EDIT: Ohhh, just noticed the post you quoted was before they added 'inbox'

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, 330 coins left. I really don't know what else to get. I pretty much already got all the games games I want either by buying them or as previous rewards.

Right now, the only thing that looks the slightest bit appealing is Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder (which I tried the demo & was....eeehhhh) & then Ultra Hand just to use up the last of my coins. Though I'm thinking of doing a giveaway for a game up to 300 coins, winner's choice.

Kind of wish I had the coins to rebuy Star Fox 64 &/or Kid Icarus Uprising...

kennah

Hmmm, 330 coins left. I really don't know what else to get. I pretty much already got all the games games I want either by buying them or as previous rewards.

Right now, the only thing that looks the slightest bit appealing is Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder (which I tried the demo & was....eeehhhh) & then Ultra Hand just to use up the last of my coins. Though I'm thinking of doing a giveaway for a game up to 300 coins, winner's choice.

Kind of wish I had the coins to rebuy Star Fox 64 &/or Kid Icarus Uprising...
Mmm giveaways

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just helped a member out via PM & sent them Earthbound. That just leaves 80 coins left. Probably will nab Ultra Hand for the heck of it unless someone else wants it.

Also mulling over the choices at the 250 coin range. Chibi Robo, MvDK Minis on the Move, Dillon's Rolling Western...they're all middling choices to me, personally. Nothing I've read has sold me on any of em. I'd snatch up Harmoknight if I had 25 more coins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Minis on the Move has been rather decent for me EXCEPT GIANT JUNGLE, THAT MODE SHOULD NEVER EXIST UUUGGGGGHHHHH.

There's a demo for Chibi-Robo if you want to try it out. Kind of wish there was a demo for the Dillon games.

Shauni

Indeed. There has been no word on how they're going to handle the situation. There are a few games I want to get but don't have enough coins to get them all. The begging thread is a sad waist land. If bans are still possible I won't risk it but if not then might as well indulge at this point.

At this point, with the Club on it's last months, do you think there's any point to them 'handling' it? If they haven't by now, I highly doubt any kind of punishment is coming.

suzu

After dumping in all my codes, I'm 135 coins away from Platinum. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Picked the game card case as reward.

kyo2004

So... almost 3 weeks since I bought Steel Diver and PES 2013 3D on Amazon (they're really cheap) and today finally came home... the bad news was PES 2013 doesn't come with the CN code (maybe it wasn't new at all Amazon)... :(... Although I already Platinum, it's a shame that doesn't meet at least for a decent reward (HarmoKnight... only left 45 coins)... :(

PD: The Steel Diver code actually works (for a 4 year 3DS game)...

cube444

Is there any chance that they will add new stuff to buy or this pretty much it?

I ask because I noticed that the poster set with the retro Luigi is now removed as a purchase option.

Thanks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So THAT'S the one that was removed. I saw there was one less price, but couldn't think of what it was.

Otherwise, aside from the Gold/Platinum games in April, that's most likely it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Is there any chance that they will add new stuff to buy or this pretty much it?

I ask because I noticed that the poster set with the retro Luigi is now removed as a purchase option.

Thanks.

"Below are all the rewards and games that we are making available in conjunction with the discontinuation of Club Nintendo. Be sure to exchange your Coins for games or rewards before 6/30/2015! Quantity is limited on certain items."

Seems pretty final.

cube444

"Below are all the rewards and games that we are making available in conjunction with the discontinuation of Club Nintendo. Be sure to exchange your Coins for games or rewards before 6/30/2015! Quantity is limited on certain items."

Seems pretty final.

Ugh.

Thanks. I have 700 points and not sure what to get now.

i-Jest

At this point, with the Club on it's last months, do you think there's any point to them 'handling' it? If they haven't by now, I highly doubt any kind of punishment is coming.

I guess I'll do the devil's work soon then.

So... almost 3 weeks since I bought Steel Diver and PES 2013 3D on Amazon (they're really cheap) and today finally came home... the bad news was PES 2013 doesn't come with the CN code (maybe it wasn't new at all Amazon)... :(... Although I already Platinum, it's a shame that doesn't meet at least for a decent reward (HarmoKnight... only left 45 coins)... :(

PD: The Steel Diver code actually works (for a 4 year 3DS game)...

I believe all 3DS codes are valid still. It's the DS codes that might be hit and miss. Also, Steel Diver is still listed as an eligible game.

zroid

Banned
I believe all 3DS codes are valid still. It's the DS codes that might be hit and miss. Also, Steel Diver is still listed as an eligible game.

Yeah, the 3DS launch games' codes will expire on 2015/3/27

...so basically just don't wait till the last minute and you're good

Lizardus

So I got FE:A just now and when I tried to put the code in, a new page came up saying something along the lines of "whoopps blah blah blah" after I entered my age. Now when I try to use the code again, it says its already been used.

Anyone else had this issue?

EDIT: It came back as product registration survey after few minutes.

Ghazi

So I got FE:A just now and when I tried to put the code in, a new page came up saying something along the lines of "whoopps blah blah blah" after I entered my age. Now when I try to use the code again, it says its already been used.

Anyone else had this issue?

It'll show up in your to do list eventually.

RedSwirl

So I just did the post-play for Smash and it pretty much didn't go through.

It said:
Previous Balance: 535 coins
New Balance: 535 coins

And the post-play is still on the to-do list. It even gave me the message about the Mewtwo offer.

LostAnkh

Anyone looking to trade codes? I have one for ALBW, and I'm looking for one that's 40 coins and isn't any of these games:

-Super Smash Bros
-Animal Crossing New Leaf
-Bayonetta 2
-Bravely Default
-Project X Zone
-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
-Shin Megami Tensei IV
-Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
-Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
-Fire Emblem Awakening
-Pokemon X

PM me if interested.
Still looking to trade.

Smough

Neo Member
I have a Japanese club Nintendo code for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire game
and want to trade it for US game code
PM me if you're interested

cmurph

Banned
What's the last day to apply code for coins?

I have 765 points and I'm debating whether or not is worth it to open my Kid Icarus or Persona Q to get to 800 for the MM Messenger Bag or just go with the Zelda XL Pouch.

kennah

What's the last day to apply code for coins?

I have 765 points and I'm debating whether or not is worth it to open my Kid Icarus or Persona Q to get to 800 for the MM Messenger Bag or just go with the Zelda XL Pouch.

Says right on the club nintendo page.
March 31st, launch 3DS titles expire on the 27th, so register before then

Llyranor

I have 910 coins. I'll grab Star Fox 3d, which leaves me with a spare 200 points.

I'm leaving SMB3 or Yoshi's Island GBA. How's the GBA version of Yoshi? Why couldn't they just put the SNES version on VC?!

Top Bottom