• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Ondore

Today I learned that if you call Nintendo to change the address on a Club Nintendo order, they have to cancel and replace the order.

No wonder they're ditching it.

Sushigod7

Today I learned that if you call Nintendo to change the address on a Club Nintendo order, they have to cancel and replace the order.

No wonder they're ditching it.

I called and changed my address right after I placed a order years ago they changed it and it showed up. No issue.

wilflare

anyone know how many types of the
Nintendo 3DS Card Case (18) are there?

Original??
Mario
Zelda
Pikmin
2015 Club Nintendo

is that all?

Gnilres

Sitting with 1100 coins right now. Haven't gotten anything they have yet. I'm just waiting to see those final Platinum rewards before I dive in.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Stick me in line with "not shipped" either. Heck, I didn't even know people were getting them yet! Just happened to be browsing eBay for soundtracks and saw a bunch of NA copies show up. I came here to see what was up.

Deku Tree

Club Nintendo Discontinued? Old news? Just got this email:

Dear Club Nintendo members,
Thank you for your continued loyalty to Nintendo.
We launched Club Nintendo 6 years ago in North America, and we’re grateful for all of the feedback that our members have provided on your experiences with our products.
In order to focus on planning for a new customer loyalty program for our fans, we’ve decided to wind-down the Club Nintendo program. We are deeply thankful to our members for being a part of Club Nintendo for all of these years.
We will share details about our new program at a later date. For now, please see the schedule below for information on the discontinuation timeframe for Club Nintendo.
All Coins will be deleted when Club Nintendo accounts are closed on July 1, 2015. As a result, to give our members the best opportunity to use their Coins, we have added dozens of downloadable games and a limited quantity of exclusive reward items to the rewards catalog. In addition, as a small token of appreciation for your loyalty, all Club Nintendo members are receiving a free download code for Flipnote Studio 3D. Please visit here for information on the software and how to get the download code.
Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule
1/20/2015 Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo
3/31/2015 Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership
6/30/2015 Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.
Your Account and Coin Balance
The information in your Club Nintendo account will not be transferred to the new loyalty program. We have added multiple items to our reward catalog, so please be sure to redeem your Coins before the deadline on June 30, 2015. Unused Coins will be deleted as of July 1, 2015.
2015 Elite Status
In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.
FAQs about Club Nintendo program discontinuation
How long can I keep earning Coins?
The last day to register products with Club Nintendo, take surveys, or earn Coins is March 31, 2015. Surveys in your To-Do list will be deleted after March 31, 2015, so please be sure to register products or take surveys by that date. Please note that products released after January 20, 2015 cannot be registered at Club Nintendo, and will not be eligible for surveys or Coins.
But I have a Club Nintendo PIN # that is valid past March 31, 2015.
Products cannot be registered after March 31, 2015, regardless of the expiration date written on the PIN card.
Will the games I download still be registered with Club Nintendo?
Club Nintendo-eligible games that you download will continue to be registered to your account automatically until March 31, 2015 if your Nintendo eShop account is linked to your Club Nintendo account. After that date, games will no longer be registered with Club Nintendo. To find out which games you can register, please see Eligible Products. Click here to learn how to link your Nintendo eShop account to your Club Nintendo account.
When is the last day to join Club Nintendo?
You can join Club Nintendo until March 31, 2015.
When is the last day to redeem Coins on Club Nintendo?
The last day to redeem your Coins is June 30, 2015. Any unused Coins will be deleted on July 1, 2015. We are offering a large number of digital games, and select physical rewards, so we are sure you can find something you like. Limited quantities are available for the physical rewards, so please be sure to check out our Get Games & Rewards page for each item’s availability.
What happens to my Coins if I don’t use them all?
Any unused Coins in your Club Nintendo account will be deleted on July 1, 2015.
When is the last day to get the download code for the digital games I chose?
The last day to access your Club Nintendo account is June 30, 2015, so please be sure to get your 16-digit download code(s) for any games you’ve received before that date.
Will the download code ever expire?
Yes, all download codes redeemed from Club Nintendo will expire on July 31, 2015, so please be sure to download your game from the Nintendo eShop before that date.
Do I need to cancel my membership?
No, your account will automatically be cancelled on July 1, 2015, so there is no need for you to cancel your account.
Nintendo
Club Nintendo

All this about Club Nintendo being discontinued motivated me to sell off some of my old Nintendo stuff that I don't want anymore. You know that 3-poster set from the 2013 Platinum Rewards? I've got them up for an auction (with bids) at over $60 right now. I tried to sell them on NeoGAF a couple times over the past years for $10-20 and never had a taker. Makes me wonder if a lot of Club Nintendo stuff will be seeing a price hike on the second-hand market.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dang, people already getting their SSB OST.

j49J10U.jpg

*continues to wait for copy to arrive in mail*

I've got them up for an auction (with bids) at over $60 right now. I tried to sell them on NeoGAF a couple times over the past years for $10-20 and never had a taker.

Lol, well not everyone sees the value in these items I'm afraid. Some are also slow to react and think that just because it's gotten via club nintendo that it's not worth more than a few dollars.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I need just 40 more points to get to platinum. I wanted to buy Captain Toad (from Amazon with gift cards or Best Buy with GCU) but I'm worried it won't have a code inside. -_-

Is there a list somewhere that shows how many points you get for each game? Like, Ninja Gaiden 3 is $11 on Amazon right now. How many points might that be worth on Club Nintendo?

Lum1n3s

I'm still waiting on my CD to say shipped as well as my Smash Bros V2 Posters and game case :(. How long is it taking right now for something to get shipped on their site?

NoRéN

I need just 40 more points to get to platinum. I wanted to buy Captain Toad (from Amazon with gift cards or Best Buy with GCU) but I'm worried it won't have a code inside. -_-

Odd timing. Just bought Omega Ruby this week from amazon and it did not have a club nintendo code.

Salsa

or I guess I could gather a few more points to get to Platinum and then get Fluidity:Spin Cycle but ehhhh

what do you guys think

edit: fuck it got dat zelda

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No Mega Man or Sonic tracks, sadly. Also, what is "Mario Paint Medley?"
Yeah, we someone how all THREE Pac-Man songs, but not a single Mega Man or Sonic (was there even any new remixes for Sonic?) track. Would've loved Airman or the MM2 Theme remix.

As for Mario Paint Medley, it's a song that was found on the disc which most likely will be used for the Miiverse stage. There was also a Nintendo Land Medley, Wii Shop Channel / Mii Channel remix, & Mii Channel Remix found as well. If you search YouTube, you'll find them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty sure Sakura Samurai was part of the huge amount of digital games available as rewards. Though yes, "Punch-Out but with samurai" is a decent description of it.

Kusagari

Has anyone else not gotten an email saying their CD's shipped yet? My CN says I did the offer back in November, and I've gotten nothing.

Top Bottom