• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No CD for me today. Guessing it'll be Monday since that'll be 5 business days since I got the email.

What does the spine look like? Does it have the Club Nintendo logo on it? Haven't seen it located anywhere.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
No CD for me today. Guessing it'll be Monday since that'll be 5 business days since I got the email.

What does the spine look like? Does it have the Club Nintendo logo on it? Haven't seen it located anywhere.

Nothing special. Just has the text: "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U A Smashing Soundtrack." No flourishes or anything like that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird. Both of the Zelda OSTs from Club Nintendo had the logo on the back. I wonder why the SSB OST didn't, unless it's on the booklet or the discs.

GAF, be honest with me.

I have about 1200 coins to spend, and I want to order a bunch of VC games I'll never buy at regular price (Pinball, Ice Climber, etc). What are the chances that NOA might update the catalog like the japanese branch did?

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
My Smash posters arrived today in a triangular poster tube. Luckily there were no creases. The Kid Icarus one didn't look that good in the online images, but now that I've seen it in person, I love it.

Anybody else still waiting for their Smash CD shipping confirmation?

Edit: Sorry for not checking the last page, I see quite a few are still waiting.

Anyways, I finally decided between the Smash posters and ordered the Zelda NES pouch instead. The posters look great but I currently have nowhere to hang them (will be nice when I have my little gaming den room someday) and can always ebay if I really want them later. Plus the pouch looked really nice and will be handy for extra protection when not in use around the house. Jigsaw puzzle was meh and desktop calendar art looked underwhelming.

I do hope for the next loyalty program that they occasionally more Metroid related physical items. As I said in a previous post, the usual Mario/Zelda/Smash/AC template they stick to gets kind of old. I'd love to see something like a 3DS pouch covered in Metroid sprites.

Will be interesting to see what the final Platinum rewards will be. I'm hoping they have one last snazzy physical reward because I'm not sure what kind of retail digital stuff they could offer that people either don't already own or haven't already been offered in some capacity.

Shauni

I see people keep bringing this up, but I'm telling you it's a foolish decision in the long run.

KEEP THE PHYSICAL COPIES. STORE THEM IF YOU MUST. YOU WILL REGRET SELLING THEM WHEN THOSE DIGITAL VERSIONS NO LONGER WORK. AND THAT DAY WILL COME.

No, I believe Judgement Day can be stopped.

Roo

Sony has a fairly competent digital system, but even that isn't 100% reliable. Nintendo's is even worse (which pains me to admit). Digital should serve as a supplement to physical, not a substitute.

I don't know, I think all of our purchases will migrate painlessly to the new online platform that is supposed to come with their next gen consoles.
After all, we already have NNIDs in place.
What we're missing is only being able to login and/or download our games in different consoles without going back and forth with Nintendo's Costumer service.

mb.exe

I got my Smash Bros soundtrack today. I'm pretty sure I registered for it ~ the day Smash Wii U came out, if that means anything.

It's weird to get a CD jewel case, it's been so long

Juanfp

Somebody know if the free game that give you coin still give you coins, but I download and playing them, but no survey appears and they appear like register in my history.
With that I will the 5 coins I need to become platinum

kennah

Somebody know if the free game that give you coin still give you coins, but I download and playing them, but no survey appears and they appear like register in my history.
The free games don't do coins as of sometime in the last week or two.

ffdgh

What games did you buy?

Conveniently half of them were on sale for 99 cents.

(10) 99moves
(5) GEOM
(5) Poker Dice Solitare Future
(5) Shut The Box
(5) Spikey Walls
(5) Red Riding Hood
(10) Toss N Go
(10) Toon Tanks
(5) Bird Mania Christmas 3D (3DS)
(5) Skypeace (3DS)
(5) 99Seconds

Now I just gotta wait for the post play surveys to kick in and i'll be golden Platinum.

cube444

I have a Mario Kart 8 code to trade for Wii U games. I also own Wind Waker HD, and SM3DW so I'd need to trade with somebody who has other games than these two.

Send me a PM if interested.

Sapiens

Want to trade Japanese Sega 3D classic collection code for a somewhat equivalent US retail game code. PM if interested.

Also, bought a few of those Game & Watch remakes for 2 a piece and they only offered 10 points each on post-play.

So, I have a dilemna. (I have no 3DS, so it's Wii U related)

I have two instalments of 300 coins (600 total, but I don't want anything totally 600 since I already have Wonderful 101, Game & Wario, Wii Fit) but I'm not sure what to purchase now in fear of not having anything left to pick up when the platinum rewards are revealed. This was 2014's Wii U digital selection:

Wii U Games - Gold

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Wii U - VC)
Super Mario Bros. (Wii U - VC)
Kid Icarus (Wii U - VC)
Ice Climber (Wii U - VC)

Wii U Games - Platinum

Earthbound (Wii U - VC)
Dr. Luigi (Wii U - Digital Download)
NES Remix (Wii U - Digital Download)
Game & Wario (Wii U - Digital Download)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Wii U - VC)
Super Mario Bros. (Wii U - VC)
Kid Icarus (Wii U - VC)
Ice Climber (Wii U - VC)

So here is the issue: I already own most of the big games except for Wii Party U, if I use my 300 and 300 for Dr. Luigi and NES Remix, then there is a good chance that there will be nothing worth picking up for Platinum, unless they add something new to that, like Captain Toad, which I find unlikely.

So, I could risk it and use my 600 for SNES games and just hope that Dr. Luigi and NES Remix show up again, or pick them up and just hope that the Gold games will be better than last year...

Any advice from past trends? You never know, based on the menu up there, they might just let everyone draw from the current selection rather than reducing it.

donny2112

So, I could risk it and use my 600 for SNES games and just hope that Dr. Luigi and NES Remix show up again, or pick them up and just hope that the Gold games will be better than last year...

Digital games will be available for CN coins through June 30. Platinum/Gold gifts will be revealed April 1. You can just hold onto your coins until after the Platinum/Gold reveals and that way you don't need to guess about anything. :)

Digital games will be available for CN coins through June 30. Platinum/Gold gifts will be revealed April 1. You can just hold onto your coins until after the Platinum/Gold reveals and that way you don't need to guess about anything. :)

Sweet! I should have read the fine print. Time to play the wait and see game!

So, I popped in the Smashing Soundtrack into my laptop, and to my shock everything is in Japanese...?

Is that, uh, unexpected? Am I doing something wrong here?

CKUVhKa.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My guess is that the discs are just the JPN versions & all they did was change the case & labeling to be in English. But yes, this has been happening with other people as well.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I went for the Animal Crossing playing cards and Minis on the Move. If I get a post-play survey for Minis and 10 points I will get Dr. Luigi. If not, not sure how I will spend the 290 points.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Minis on the Move will give you a survey. I still have on on my profile that I don't feel like filling out since I have 0 coins left & there's no way I'll earn enough to get anything else.

donny2112

Loved the Smashing! CD of the live concert when Melee came out. It was all in Japanese, too, though. Easy enough to edit in the English names, if you want to.

foltzie1

Someone will have to submit new track names to Gracenote. As I recal previous Nintendo CDs usually offered two track listings as a result.

Would you b swilling to type the info in to your tool and submit to Gracenote?

NEO0MJ

I should ask again. Did anyone get the platinum poster set? Mine has yet to ship and when I asked about it they said I ordered the smash set, even though my order page mentions that platinum set.

Top Bottom