• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

L95

Nah, that's only useful for telling what game the code is/was for, wether it's still unregistered or not. As far as I know, there's no way to tell if a code has been claim without, well, claiming it.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, isn't unregistered the same thing as unclaimed?

Unless I'm misunderstanding, isn't unregistered the same thing as unclaimed?
Yes? I'm sorry, I don't see what the problem is. What I said was that the method i-Jest mentioned doesn't work. It just tells you what game the code is for, not wether it still works or not.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Another day, no email.

I'm trying not to be too worried, I mean I did it all in a timely matter, and I'm sure A LOT of people took up this offer, but with how Nintendo's being lately.... well, I just hope it comes in eventually :/

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Mine hasn't shipped yet, shows nothing in the activity section on Club Nintendo. Did mine in December.

Do you get post-play surveys if you upgrade VC games? Guessing not.

Edit: Actually it looks like they might, neat, that would get me another reward.

For those of you that haven't gotten an email about the CDs, have you checked Order Inquiries in your Account & Coins on the club Nintendo website? I haven't gotten an email, but it says that the CDs have shipped on the site.

zeitgeist

Has anyone been able to not link their Wii U to their Club Nintendo account and still get coins/ a survey?
Or is linking always part of the process?

For those of you that haven't gotten an email about the CDs, have you checked Order Inquiries in your Account & Coins on the club Nintendo website? I haven't gotten an email, but it says that the CDs have shipped on the site.

Its there...but says not shipped yet. Same goes for my V2 smash poster set. Double bummer. =(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah nothing marked shipped for me, either :/

Just:
"SSB WII U/3DS SOUNDTRACK CD - CLUB Nov 23, 2014 3313104 0"

L95

Yes? I'm sorry, I don't see what the problem is. What I said was that the method i-Jest mentioned doesn't work. It just tells you what game the code is for, not wether it still works or not.

Nah, that's only useful for telling what game the code is/was for, wether it's still unregistered or not.

Nah, that's only useful for telling ... wether it's still unregistered or not.

This is how I read the sentence, sorry. I thought you were listing two things it would do

Anyway, I took my SSB 3DS code that I know I've used and put it in while logged out. And you're right, it doesn't tell me that it's already been registered, sorry, I was wrong earlier. (I think I said it would, earlier.)

Shun

IMG_0199.JPG

Wow.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ok THERE'S my shipping email finally!

Looks like they are just slow with sending these out. Who knows if it's first-come-first-serve or how they are doing it.

diablogod

Nah, that's only useful for telling what game the code is/was for, wether it's still unregistered or not. As far as I know, there's no way to tell if a code has been claimed without, well, claiming it.

There is only one way to check if a code is good. Your account must own the game already. As long as you own it already and you are just trying to see if a code is valid. Enter the code you're trying to check into your account and if it brings you to a window with a blank message on it then that code hasn't been redeemed and is valid. If it tells you it has already been used, well codes not valid.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hmmm I never got the shipping e-mail but it does say "shipped" on my club nintendo account. I just got a txt that something was delivered... I wonder if mine came today. I'll know this evening.

So I'm a bit confused about the Club Nintendo shutting down thing. I just bought a new 3DS, never had an old one, and I don't own a Wii U. Is there any reason to make a Club Nintendo account?

zroid

Banned
Nothing here.

ah well, it usually takes a week or two longer for new rewards to ship to us iirc :(

So I'm a bit confused about the Club Nintendo shutting down thing. I just bought a new 3DS, never had an old one, and I don't own a Wii U. Is there any reason to make a Club Nintendo account?

Not unless you now plan on buying a bunch of 3DS games released prior to 2015. You could probably get a free eShop/VC game for every 4 or so 3DS games you register.

Not unless you now plan on buying a bunch of 3DS games released prior to 2015. You could probably get a free eShop/VC game for every 4 or so 3DS games you register.

Thanks! I looked on the site, and it says that the New Nintendo 3DS cannot be registered with Club Nintendo. Which is really weird, because it asked me twice when using the eshop to sign into the Club Nintendo. I guess you can only use Club Nintendo accounts on the N3DS if you're grandfathered in? Anyway, I guess it's moot if I can't register an account on it.

teeg

Thanks! I looked on the site, and it says that the New Nintendo 3DS cannot be registered with Club Nintendo. Which is really weird, because it asked me twice when using the eshop to sign into the Club Nintendo. I guess you can only use Club Nintendo accounts on the N3DS if you're grandfathered in? Anyway, I guess it's moot if I can't register an account on it.

The linking of the Club Nintendo account to the eShop is used to give you coins for the eShop games you download on the 3DS.

Only the system itself cannot be registered with Club Nintendo to earn coins for Club Nintendo. If you link your account any games downloaded will earn you coins.

wilflare

never received a shipping notification from Nintendo... ><

but look at what arrived at my mailbox -got an notification from them-
"(1) SUPER SMASH BRO. FOR NINTENDO 3DS/WII U A SMASHING SOUNDTRACK"

Jomjom

Banned
Still haven't got my email. I get the feeling noa will be shitty and say "sorry we're all out of physical soundtracks but we've got something even better! Here's a link for an mp3 download! For extra convenience!"

i-Jest

Still haven't got my email. I get the feeling noa will be shitty and say "sorry we're all out of physical soundtracks but we've got something even better! Here's a link for an mp3 download! For extra convenience!"

This shouldn't be the case. They've had months to collect orders for people who bought Smash 3DS and U. If it's a supply constraint I hope they'd let us know.

Trying to just get enough for a 150 coin game since I'm so close. Was pretty much going to do it but just to confirm: The $1.99 game Toki Tori on WiiU will give me 15 coins total right? 5 Registration and 10 post play?

Jomjom

Banned
This shouldn't be the case. They've had months to collect orders for people who bought Smash 3DS and U. If it's a supply constraint I hope they'd let us know.

It's NOA anythings possible. That anything is usually the shittiest thing imaginable too.

Gabe3208

Banned
I have 150 coins and need some help with choosing a game. Since I never played any of these, wanted some feedback from anyone who's played either of these before.

• Metroid II: Return of Samus (GameBoy)

• Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters (GameBoy)

SystemUser

I have 150 coins and need some help with choosing a game. Since I never played any of these, wanted some feedback from anyone who's played either of these before.

• Metroid II: Return of Samus (GameBoy)

• Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters (GameBoy)

I have played them both. I like both games a lot. Both games are worthy sequels to the NES games, but just a little easier.

There have been a bunch of people on Gaf complaining about Metroid II being too hard. There is no map in-game so you have to memorize it. It is a fairly big layout, but it is much more linear than the first Metroid so the lay out isn't as tricky. I thought it was too easy as a kid, but I can see people getting lost since there is no map. Also people complain that being black and white made everything look the same. For me the patterns are very distinct though. When I played it as a kid I was coming playing Metroid a ton of times on the NES and I was playing a lot of black and white gameboy games. If you can handle black and white games and can make your way through the original Metroid then it is a fairly easy, straightforward, and fun game.

Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters is my favorite Kid Icarus game. It's only weakness is that it is a little too easy. I think I only played through it twice, but it was really fun. You get better abilities in this game compared to the NES game.

Shun

It seems like they're just arriving today. I'm in Oakland/Berkeley, CA and I signed up for the CDs when the offer went live if that means anything.

Got my email February 23rd, so 3-4 business days. Pretty quick.

If anyone wants the Soundtrack and missed out on it, I'm putting it up for grabs in B/S/T.

Gabe3208

Banned
I have played them both. I like both games a lot. Both games are worthy sequels to the NES games, but just a little easier.

There have been a bunch of people on Gaf complaining about Metroid II being too hard. There is no map in-game so you have to memorize it. It is a fairly big layout, but it is much more linear than the first Metroid so the lay out isn't as tricky. I thought it was too easy as a kid, but I can see people getting lost since there is no map. Also people complain that being black and white made everything look the same. For me the patterns are very distinct though. When I played it as a kid I was coming playing Metroid a ton of times on the NES and I was playing a lot of black and white gameboy games. If you can handle black and white games and can make your way through the original Metroid then it is a fairly easy, straightforward, and fun game.

Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters is my favorite Kid Icarus game. It's only weakness is that it is a little too easy. I think I only played through it twice, but it was really fun. You get better abilities in this game compared to the NES game.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated! I think I'll go with Kid Icarus since I have multiple Metroid games, and just 2 for Kid Icarus (NES and 3DS) Good to know that both games are good in case I decide to get Metroid II later on.

Jaykay

I had never really registered any of my products with Club Nintendo over the years despite setting up an account a while ago. I just went through a bunch of my old Wii, DS, and 3DS items of the past 9 years to register codes and ended up with 860 coins. I guess I'll use this to finally get Earthbound and spend the remaining 610 on The Wonderful 101?

It's nice to get platinum in one swoop though, haha.

Kyzer

Banned
Got the smash posters! Was tempted by the games but you can always buy those. Nice smash posters would run a much prettier penny

Top Bottom