• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

RK128

So, are the DKC games on the Wii U VC eligible for coins?

Well, I think newer VC games and E-Shop games still fall under CN status (I mean, I got Pokemon Shuffle for my 2DS and I think I got 5 coins from it....could be wrong about that though :().

If it helps, go to CN's site and look under games; if the DKC games fall under that, then they should be worth 5-10 coins per game then :).

I hope this helps somehow :).

Edit: Seems like I was wrong about this one; sorry for the misinformation Gravidee :(.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I think the following will be the Elite Rewards in April.

Wii U:
-Wind Waker HD
-Mario Kart 8
-Mario 3D World
-Mario Bros. U
-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-VC and E-Shop Games
-Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii VC)
-Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii VC)

3DS:
-Mario Kart 7
-Mario 3D Land
-Animal Crossing New Leaf
-Pokemon X/Y
-Legend of Zelda: OoT3D
-Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
-Mario and Luigi Dream Team
-GBA Ambassador Games (exclusive for Platinum members with CN for 3+ years of Platinum status under their accounts)
-Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (exclusive for Platinum Members with CN for 2+ years of Platinum Status)

Seems like a strong line up of games for the end of CN :).

Other than MK8 this seems pretty realistic. Unfortunately I also own everything on that Wii U list and am not really interested in any of the 3DS stuff.

Lego City is the one Wii U game I'd like to see, unless a miracle occurs and we can get the whole DKC trilogy. Licensing would probably keep LCU from showing up though.

donny2112

Wii U:
-Wind Waker HD
-Mario Kart 8
-Mario 3D World
-Mario Bros. U
-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-VC and E-Shop Games
-Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii VC)

3DS:
-Mario Kart 7
-Mario 3D Land
-Pokemon X/Y
-GBA Ambassador Games (exclusive for Platinum members with CN for 3+ years of Platinum status under their accounts)
-Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (exclusive for Platinum Members with CN for 2+ years of Platinum Status)

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy!!!

RK128

Other than MK8 this seems pretty realistic. Unfortunately I also own everything on that Wii U list and am not really interested in any of the 3DS stuff.

Lego City is the one Wii U game I'd like to see, unless a miracle occurs and we can get the whole DKC trilogy. Licensing would probably keep LCU from showing up though.

I think the Mario Kart game would be a good pick, as it would be a fantastic way for Nintendo to get people into buying the two DLC packs (I guess the same thing can be applied with Hyrule Warriors too...).

Lego City U should be a likely pick as well; Nintendo published it, they helped fund it, they had it be a 'big' game for the Wii U for quite a while (for a good....I think 2-3 months before Pikmin 3 came out) and it is a family friendly game (so many people can play that). I just didn't list it because I forgot to :l.

The DKC Trilogy being one big pack as an reward.....that should be very possible, as if they need to have rewards for Gold members too (and that would be a great one; 20 bucks for a trilogy of fantastic platformers :D) so it is great pick for the rewards in April.

Salsa

Wii U:
-Wind Waker HD
-Mario Kart 8
-Mario 3D World
-Mario Bros. U
-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-VC and E-Shop Games
-Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii VC)

3DS:
-Mario Kart 7
-Mario 3D Land
-Pokemon X/Y
-Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

would get Mario&Luigi

still need 100 coins for plat tho : (

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Imagine if they had it so for each year you were Platinum, you were entitled to that many games. Like 2 years = 2 games.

Roo

Wii U:
-Wind Waker HD
-Mario Kart 8
-Mario 3D World
-Mario Bros. U
-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-VC and E-Shop Games
-Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii VC)

3DS:
-Mario Kart 7
-Mario 3D Land
-Pokemon X/Y
-Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

I'd be extremely disappointed at the Wii U selection as I already have every single game in that list.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey, I'm just trying to think of ways Nintendo could be awesome & show their appreciation to those (like me) who had Platinum all 7 years.

Or heck, maybe a special tier of games for those people.

zigg

Hey, I'm just trying to think of ways Nintendo could be awesome & show their appreciation to those (like me) who had Platinum all 7 years.

Or heck, maybe a special tier of games for those people.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd be all over it.

At the same time, I'd be just kind of sitting there going "huh. I can't believe they did that."

bumpkin

Got my Smash Bros. CD in the mail the other day, arrived in pristine shape (no cracks). I'm still pretty bummed that no Mega Man or Sonic tracks are in the collection though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't even think Sonic got any new music, but yeah, if we got THREE Pac-Man songs, I can't believe we didn't get at least one Mega Man tune (like MM2 Title/Wily's Castle or Air Man's Stage).

If I redeem one of these VC games, will I get a post-play survey for 10 coins for it? I only need 5 coins to redeem another game and was hoping that would cover it.

I know this feeling. I pretty much only want Lego City for the Wii U left out of all games released.

Imagine if they had it so for each year you were Platinum, you were entitled to that many games. Like 2 years = 2 games.
That would be insane. That's like what 6 or 7 games if you made it every year.

Reule

I totally forgot about registering City Folk. I have a code in my copy for My Nintendo to register, is that what I use to register it on Club Nintendo? I don't have a Club Nintendo code for it and on the site it says it's eligible.

Lothars

I am 5 coins away from the messenger bag and tried to download the rusty's baseball for 5 coins but nothing.

I am probably going to pick up an eshop game just trying to figure out what game.

BadRamen

I totally forgot about registering City Folk. I have a code in my copy for My Nintendo to register, is that what I use to register it on Club Nintendo? I don't have a Club Nintendo code for it and on the site it says it's eligible.

Try it yourself? I imagine that code is what yall need

Anth0ny

fuck me

I'm looking at my list and I have hundreds of expired coins due to digital Wii U game downloads. They sign up to club nintendo automatically and the last thing on my mind when purchasing those games is fucking club nintendo.

Stuff as recent as Smash for Wii U is already fucking expired. That's 70 coins and the game isn't even 4 months old. ugh.

foltzie1

fuck me

I'm looking at my list and I have hundreds of expired coins due to digital Wii U game downloads. They sign up to club nintendo automatically and the last thing on my mind when purchasing those games is fucking club nintendo.

Stuff as recent as Smash for Wii U is already fucking expired. That's 70 coins and the game isn't even 4 months old. ugh.

I lost quite a few coins due to digital download expiring too

Lum1n3s

Yeah that's the same thing.

zigg

I was asking back in the DSiWare era for Nintendo to send emails reminding people that their new purchase had a survey. That simple thing would've saved a lot of coins and probably got them a lot of valuable data, especially when they started aggressively expiring surveys.

jgkspsx

I checked in here to see if they were honoring the elite status thing. Glad to see they are. Is the list a few posts back purely a guess?

With my piles of coins, I got:
3DS case 2015 edition
3DS XL pouch Zelda edition (a little cluttered, but oh well)
Fierce Deity Link jigsaw
Majora's Mask messenger bag
Doc Louis's Punch Out
Fluidity Spin Cycle

Still have 180 coins left. If I can get to 200, thinking about getting Clu Clu Land for Wii U, but I might go for Yoshi's Island GBA instead.

I guess I'm relieved to have this thing over. I hope they implement some kind of rewards program in the future, though.

Lothars

I ended up buying a dollar game on 3ds to get 5 more coins and got the Majora's Mask messenger bag.

It's nice to be done with club nintendo coins in general.

Salsa

q8UXZ2x.png

salute

RK128

I checked in here to see if they were honoring the elite status thing. Glad to see they are. Is the list a few posts back purely a guess?

With my piles of coins, I got:
3DS case 2015 edition
3DS XL pouch Zelda edition (a little cluttered, but oh well)
Fierce Deity Link jigsaw
Majora's Mask messenger bag
Doc Louis's Punch Out
Fluidity Spin Cycle

Still have 180 coins left. If I can get to 200, thinking about getting Clu Clu Land for Wii U, but I might go for Yoshi's Island GBA instead.

I guess I'm relieved to have this thing over. I hope they implement some kind of rewards program in the future, though.

Those were just guess lists I made in excitement, as they will be announcing the elite awards sometime in April (a few weeks away). Sorry if I confused anyone :(.

rokero

do physical copies of :
Arkham Origins
Ass Creed Black Flag
Splinter Cell
Watchdogs
Scribblenauts Unmasked

give club nintendo coins ?

chumby

Neo Member
How long does it take to receive physical rewards? Ordered some a month ago and haven't heard a peep about shipping. :(

Top Bottom