• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

zigg

I'm confused. If it's based on track durations, what does that have to do with changing the track names to English for the NA market?
The CD publisher isn't in control of anything but the track durations. The track names come from an online service (e.g. Gracenote, FreeDB).

Ended up grabbing harmoknight, I never knew about this game until I seen it as a reward and it's great. I recommend it if your wondering what to spend your points on.

Mash83

I only need 60 coins to hit platinum.

#1 - is it really worth it to try to get platinum before the deadline?

#2 - any suggestions on how to get my last 60 coins cheap/easy?

Jme

#1 - They've already announced the platinum award will be (a) free digital game(s).

#2 - Buy/Sell/Trade thread?

RK128

They give out full retail digital game with platinum accounts, so getting that is really great if possible :D.

A good way to get the 60 coins could be from putting money into the E-Shop? I saw a post in this thread a page or so back that stated a user got 170+ coins from 12-15 bucks in Wii U and E-Shop games. Don't have the statement quoted sadly, but I'm sure its a page back or so, so check that out for the games and if you own a Wii U and 3DS, easy 170+ coins for your CN account :).

You could also head to your local GameStop and see if you can get one or two CN codes from used games (if you explain yourself to GS and do this very few times, they shouldn't have an issue with you doing that). People leave working codes in their used games all the time (I know I did like a fool X(), so a easy way to get some CN coins :).

Hope this helps and good luck reaching Platinum.

Mash83

They give out full retail digital game with platinum accounts, so getting that is really great if possible :D.

A good way to get the 60 coins could be from putting money into the E-Shop? I saw a post in this thread a page or so back that stated a user got 170+ coins from 12-15 bucks in Wii U and E-Shop games. Don't have the statement quoted sadly, but I'm sure its a page back or so, so check that out for the games and if you own a Wii U and 3DS, easy 170+ coins for your CN account :).

You could also head to your local GameStop and see if you can get one or two CN codes from used games (if you explain yourself to GS and do this very few times, they shouldn't have an issue with you doing that). People leave working codes in their used games all the time (I know I did like a fool X(), so a easy way to get some CN coins :).

Hope this helps and good luck reaching Platinum.

Awesome, thank you!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeees, got my SSB OST in the mail today.

.....but now I really want the Mario Kart 8 one Japan is getting.

*waits for news that Europe gets it, but not US*

Have 400 coins after doing all my post plays. Now debating on whether to input more codes into that account, make a family account for my duplicates, or create a new account and get it to Gold for an extra reward. I guess it depends on whether I want any of the remaining high-priced items.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That was the case with the OoT soundtrack as well.

When I rip onto iTunes, it will actually give you the option of what you would prefer the album to be called. My Ocarina is in english, so I guess that also had options of what to pick. Stays the same if you save those files to HDD, too.

zigg

How does my car's CD player know the track names then?
I'm guessing you're using discs with CD-Text? I haven't bought more than a tiny handful of CDs in a long time, but it's been my experience that CD-Text was pretty rare. It could be more of a regular thing now? No idea.

The track names aren't burned onto the disc? That's weird,I never knew that.
They can be (see above), but most computer music players use Gracenote-type services because they're more reliable and also editable after the discs are pressed. Doing a quick look around, it doesn't seem like CD-Text support is all that common in the standard OS music players.

kennah

Have 400 coins after doing all my post plays. Now debating on whether to input more codes into that account, make a family account for my duplicates, or create a new account and get it to Gold for an extra reward. I guess it depends on whether I want any of the remaining high-priced items.

That's what I think I"m going to do. Finally picking up a Wii U in the next week or two and would want the extra game.

je_ssi e

Got my Smash CD's today.
Awesome to see. But, damn. It has three cracks in the case. Two on the binding and one on the back.

The CD's themselves are fine, at least.
But, still! Arrrgh!!

SystemUser

So, I popped in the Smashing Soundtrack into my laptop, and to my shock everything is in Japanese...?

Is that, uh, unexpected? Am I doing something wrong here?

CKUVhKa.png

Is that on the disc or is your media player grabbing info from a database? If was probably never officially released in the USA so the database wouldn't have it. I think that game soundtracks are more likely to get commercial release in Japan.

Kansoku

So I have 180 coins right now, and I don't think I'll be able to get 20 more, so what do you guys recommend from the 150 coins games?

Big Chungus

Not sure what to get...

I don't want any of the physical stuff....and my Wii U doesn't have space for Wonderful 101.

I was thinking of maybe grabbing Paper Mario 64 and a few VC games..just not sure which ones.

Balls.
got Smash for 3ds today with that sweet 19.99 price match. Didn't know it had to be registered by 1/13 to get the soundtrack. It's such a good deal I am not that upset but I feel maybe as long as you registered one of the games by the date it should count.

On a thread related note I am still patiently awaiting word on my messenger bad. It did say 2-5 months ha

wilflare

Balls.
got Smash for 3ds today with that sweet 19.99 price match. Didn't know it had to be registered by 1/13 to get the soundtrack. It's such a good deal I am not that upset but I feel maybe as long as you registered one of the games by the date it should count.

On a thread related note I am still patiently awaiting word on my messenger bad. It did say 2-5 months ha

where did you see this deal :O

Jomjom

Banned
Still not shipped and i redeemed on day 1 too. At this point I'm fully expecting them to run out and only provide a shitty download link for the soundtrack. Fuck NOA.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I can't login at all to CN. Is the site still being hammered or what?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The deadline for registering for them isn't until the end of March so probably not until at least April.

Guess I kept thinking it would be this month. Oh well I can wait a bit.

Still waiting for my CD to show up in the mail...

MilesTeg

Banned
I'm assuming the Elite rewards will be revealed on April 1. Hoping we go out with a bang.

My Wii U first party non-virtual console library consists of the following:

MK8
Pikmin 3
TW101
Smash Bros
DKCTF
SM3DW
NSMBU
Nintendoland
Game&Wario
Pushmo World
NES Remix

Games I would be interested in as rewards:

WWHD
Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Lego City
NES Remix 2
New Super Luigi U

My 3DS first party non-virtual console library:

Ocarina of Time 3D
ALBW
SM3DL
MK7
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Bravely Default
Kid Icarus Uprising
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Fire Emblem Awakening
M&L Dream Team
Pokemon Y
Mario Tennis Open
Spirit Camera
HarmoKnight

Games I would be interested in:

Mario Golf World Tour
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Sapphire
Ultimate NES Remix
Fantasy Life

donny2112

Really hoping Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy will be one of the Platinum rewards. Have the cartridge for posterity's sake, but you need to have that game on the system all the time to really get the most out of the long-term release of the daily puzzles.

Anth0ny

Okay so I'm dumb.

I send an email to Nintendo about my club nintendo account eating my coins for my registered MK7. I got this email on February 8th in return:

Hello,

Thanks for writing. I took a look at your account and I'm happy to say that everything appears to be fixed. I was able to resolve the issue of the missing survey for Mario Kart 7 which is now in your To-Do list and ready for you to complete.

Please also be aware that the survey will expire on 02/15/2015. Be sure to complete the survey before then so you don't miss out on earning your Coins.

If you have any other problems, please reply to this email with any additional details you can provide. I hope you continue to enjoy Club Nintendo!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Laura B.

Somehow, I completely missed the bolded sentence. I decided to wait because I was reading this thread and kept reading posts about people getting their coins eaten by the site, so I decided to wait a few weeks. Now I go on Club Nintendo and my fucking product registration survey is expired.

Am I SOL? so pissed right now.

foltzie1

Okay so I'm dumb.

I send an email to Nintendo about my club nintendo account eating my coins for my registered MK7. I got this email on February 8th in return:

Somehow, I completely missed the bolded sentence. I decided to wait because I was reading this thread and kept reading posts about people getting their coins eaten by the site, so I decided to wait a few weeks. Now I go on Club Nintendo and my fucking product registration survey is expired.

Am I SOL? so pissed right now.

Yes.

_woLf

Yay, I finally got an email about something shipping from Club Nintendo. I am going to assume this is the Smash bros soundtrack! :D

RK128

I think the following will be the Elite Rewards in April.

Wii U:
-Wind Waker HD
-Mario Kart 8
-Mario 3D World
-Mario Bros. U
-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-VC and E-Shop Games
-Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii VC)
-Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii VC)

3DS:
-Mario Kart 7
-Mario 3D Land
-Animal Crossing New Leaf
-Pokemon X/Y
-Legend of Zelda: OoT3D
-Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
-Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
-Mario and Luigi Dream Team
-GBA Ambassador Games (exclusive for Platinum members with CN for 3+ years of Platinum status under their accounts)
-Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (exclusive for Platinum Members with CN for 2+ years of Platinum Status)

Seems like a strong line up of games for the end of CN :).

Top Bottom