• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Tenumi

Banned
Registered for my CD in January, not even so much as a notification or anything for me. The Activity space across from the CD in Order Inquiries sits blank.

davedc226

So, I have around 800 coins left over and can't decide between Kid Icarus: Uprising and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. What does GAF recommend?

donny2112

So, I have around 800 coins left over and can't decide between Kid Icarus: Uprising and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. What does GAF recommend?

I cannot recommend DKCR, unless you're just into the masochist gameplay of Retro's revitalization of the series. If you are into that, then it's a good port of the Wii game!

KI: Uprising, if you get into it and a lot of people do, is a game you will be happy to have on your system all the time for the random multi-player match. It's great fun, if you adjust to the controls well. It's made by Sakurai, and it definitely has the Smash Bros. "tons of stuff to unlock and do in the game" mindset.

iphys

Uprising is simply amazing. DKCR3D just looks too small on the 3DS screen, and the low framerate makes it feel like garbage.

-Horizon-

Registered for my CD in January, not even so much as a notification or anything for me. The Activity space across from the CD in Order Inquiries sits blank.

I only got an email saying it shipped maybe a week ago. I registered for it in December. You may be in a for a longer wait.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Was going to give away a couple codes (Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort) but both appear to be worth 0 coins.

Sorry non-plat GAF.

RK128

So apparently some people on the Club Nintendo sub-reddit have claimed that accounts that used the Wii Mini exploit have been deactivated?

Good news if true.

Wait.....so thats why so many Nintendo E-Shop games were cheap on Ebay X(. Got a number of games through E-Bay buys (3D Land, DKCR3D, Star Fox 3D, KI Uprising, NSMB2 and a few GB games), I bought them because they were a great deal.....will I lose access to them in the future?

From that same sub-reddit, Nintendo Accounts linked to their CN Accounts weren't banned and the games got De-activated on the accounts (as the code linked to the CN account is no longer active).....does this mean the codes they sold to people are going to be 'in-vaild' in the future?

Because I don't want to lose access to some fantastic games on my 2DS (DKCR and KI: Uprising are a ton of fun so far) :(.....

Busaiku

See, the thing is, I got the shipping notification already.
I registered both games on launch day.

It had shipped, but I have no tracking info or anything, and it's been over 2 weeks now.

-Horizon-

See, the thing is, I got the shipping notification already.
I registered both games on launch day.

It had shipped, but I have no tracking info or anything, and it's been over 2 weeks now.
Gotta love USPS.
and Nintendo for shipping without a tracking number

GWX

GAF, what's the easiest way to get 50 coins now? I'm 50 coins short of Wonderful 101, and I already have every game from the WayForward sale at least on one platform (MSF and MSF2 on 3DS, MSF:HD and Shantae on Wii U). I was thinking about one of the Ace Attorney games, but I can only get one of them and each would grant me only 40 coins with the post-play survey =(

RK128

GAF, what's the easiest way to get 50 coins now? I'm 50 coins short of Wonderful 101, and I already have every game from the WayForward sale at least on one platform (MSF and MSF2 on 3DS, MSF:HD and Shantae on Wii U). I was thinking about one of the Ace Attorney games, but I can only get one of them and each would grant me only 40 coins with the post-play survey =(

If you take a look at the Nintendo 3DS E-Shop, there a quite a few games on sale (like Arnoblade for 5 instead of 20), so you could get a few of those games (and a number of them grant you 5-20 coins per game) to rank in a few coins.

Maybe you can try to get an VC game or two from the Wii U or 3DS E-Shop; you can get an easy 10 coins per NES game for example :).

Hope this helps you somewhat GWX.

Faenix1

Not sure if this has been asked but how long until codes from Club Nintendo expire?

Only have 300 pts and nothing for that really interests me in the 3DS/Wii, besides Majoras Mask, but I'm kind of tempted to get Earthbound just incase I get a Wii U one day. Curious how long I'd got to get a Wii U.

RK128

Not sure if this has been asked but how long until codes from Club Nintendo expire?

Only have 300 pts and nothing for that really interests me in the 3DS/Wii, besides Majoras Mask, but I'm kind of tempted to get Earthbound just incase I get a Wii U one day. Curious how long I'd got to get a Wii U.

You can always just get the code now and hold on to it until E3 if you do plan on getting a Wii U :).

From the GB games I got from CN, they all stated that they expire sometime in July (as program is officially over sometime in May).

You can always just get the code now and hold on to it until E3 if you do plan on getting a Wii U :).

From the GB games I got from CN, they all stated that they expire sometime in July (as program is officially over sometime in May).

June 30th is the limit to input the codes on consoles and then they go boom no?

I thought you had until March 31 to register codes and July to use up your coins.

Other way. Coin codes are dead after March 31, games you got from the site are dead after June 30th. That's what I recall.

Or maybe the game codes are July 31st, and the games and the service as a whole shuts down after June 30th. Great, now I'M confused!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule

1/20/2015
Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo
3/31/2015
Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership
6/30/2015
Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

Q. When is the last day to get the download code for the digital games I chose?
A. The last day to access your Club Nintendo account is June 30, 2015, so please be sure to get your 16-digit download code(s) for any games you’ve received before that date.

Q. Will the download code ever expire?
A. Yes, all download codes redeemed from Club Nintendo will expire on July 31, 2015, so please be sure to download your game from the Nintendo eShop before that date.
http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

RK128

Sorry if I got you guys confused :(. I will just post what Nintendo states on their Club Nintendo sites regarding the service ending:
6/30/2015
Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

When is the last day to get the download code for the digital games I chose?

The last day to access your Club Nintendo account is June 30, 2015, so please be sure to get your 16-digit download code(s) for any games you’ve received before that date.

Will the download code ever expire?

Yes, all download codes redeemed from Club Nintendo will expire on July 31, 2015, so please be sure to download your game from the Nintendo eShop before that date.

I hope this clears up the confusion I caused...

Edit: Beaten X(. But at least things are cleared up for people now :).

Ryne

Bought the two Mighty Switch Force games on sale for the Wii U, and I'm still about 20 points short of getting enough for a 600 coin reward.

I want to buy Shantae, however that would leave me with spare coins. I do want that game though, especially since it is on sale.

Edit: I'm being stupid, Shantae is 20 points and will put me right on target! Time to open up the wallet.

Bought the two Mighty Switch Force games on sale for the Wii U, and I'm still about 20 points short of getting enough for a 600 coin reward.

I want to buy Shantae, however that would leave me with spare coins. I do want that game though, especially since it is on sale.

Edit: I'm being stupid, Shantae is 20 points and will put me right on target! Time to open up the wallet.

Wouldn't post-plays get you there in a week or so?

I'm literally five coins away from Platinum now :lol

RK128

Ouch I'm an idiot didn't think it was posted anywhere.

Though there goes that plan of getting Earthbound. No point rushing to save $200+ to get a $15 game.. lol

Not sure what 300pt game to get now. Majora's Mask on Wii is pointless since there's that 3DS remake. Hum..

Do you own any of the E-Shop games CN has for rewards? I own Harmoknight and really find that very enjoyable, so I highly recommend that :D. You could also check out any of the Rolling Western games (action mixed with tower defense) or Fluidity Spin Cycle (and if that is anything like the Wii Ware game, it is a very fun and inventive 2D game :)).

Hope this helps you somehow Faenix :).

daevv

Just got a weird glitch when ordering the game card case. Do I get an email or does it show anywhere on my account that I ordered the reward? The coins are gone but I didn't see an confirmation.

-Horizon-

Just got a weird glitch when ordering the game card case. Do I get an email or does it show anywhere on my account that I ordered the reward? The coins are gone but I didn't see an confirmation.

You should get an email thanking you for your order and telling you that there will be another email when the item has shipped.

You should also be able to see any order you make by going to Account & Coins -> Order Inquiries

daevv

You should get an email thanking you for your order and telling you that there will be another email when the item has shipped.

You should also be able to see any order you make by going to Account & Coins -> Order Inquiries

Thanks, Nothing yet. Will keep a watch and email them tomorrow if I do not see anything.

Hi again guys! Need some advice...

Have a ton of coins and to be honest, I really don't care about the (current) physical rewards, but would love to get a ton of the wii u virtual console games that I wouldn't like to pay actual money for (e.g. Pinball, Wrecking Crew, etc.)

Anyways, I know the last chance to earn coins will be March 31st (not sure if this means purchasing items...) but April 1st is also the announcement of the platinum/gold elite rewards. My question is that would it be better to pick up the VC games that I want now so that way, I'll get the post play surveys for each one? I mean, there's no chance at the Americas getting new physical stuffs, right?

Thanks

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
apparently the bannings/deactivation is only for people stupid enough to use physical rewards for Wii Mini exploit

-Horizon-

About to reach Gold status, but is there a reason to reach Platinum going forward with the new Nintendo Rewards program?
Going forward into the new program? No, because nothing carries over.
The only reason to get platinum is in the off chance that a digital game they offer for elite rewards that you want may be platinum status only.

Hi again guys! Need some advice...

Have a ton of coins and to be honest, I really don't care about the (current) physical rewards, but would love to get a ton of the wii u virtual console games that I wouldn't like to pay actual money for (e.g. Pinball, Wrecking Crew, etc.)

Anyways, I know the last chance to earn coins will be March 31st (not sure if this means purchasing items...) but April 1st is also the announcement of the platinum/gold elite rewards. My question is that would it be better to pick up the VC games that I want now so that way, I'll get the post play surveys for each one? I mean, there's no chance at the Americas getting new physical stuffs, right?

Thanks
I seriously doubt they'll add new physical rewards. They made a point to say that the elite rewards are digital downloads only and that will probably be the last time the club nintendo reward list is updated.

RK128

what does that mean? they redeem the Wii Mini to get the physical goods?
how do they differentiate?

From what the sub-reddit stated, it sounds like Nintendo is focused on banning the CN accounts with more then 1 Wii Mini if they are ordering physical rewards first (to ensure people who have ligament accounts have access to the physical rewards.

Regarding how they are targeting them, I guess it is through the their accounts; if they see Wii Mini serial numbers linked to their accounts, they will stop the order for the physical rewards and lock the account (as while it costs money to make the E-Shop codes, it costs Nintendo more money for the physical rewards; if people are getting them for free, then that is big problem, especially considering how rare the physical rewards are).

I guess after that, they will target the accounts that use the Wii Mini glitch to get digital games, locking those accounts and de-activating the games linked to said accounts.

The question I have regarding the later is for people (like me) who got the games through E-Bay; is Nintendo going to lock games away from people who bought the games from sellers of the Wii Mini-glitched accounts? Are we going to have to prove that we bought the games via screen grab? Or is Nintendo not going to care and just keep the game-codes active but only lock the Wii Mini-used accounts?

Either way, Nintendo if finally taking action against the Wii Mini exploit, so I suppose we will see what happens going forward I guess :l. I just hope I don't lose my games; for the prices I paid (10-20 bucks), they were great deals as Nintendo games are very pricey (and rare, in KI: Uprising's case).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The codes aren't intended to be traded/sold in the first place are they? I'd fully expect the games attached to codes from accounts banned for use of exploits to be deactivated.

DaBoss

I've read some posts on Reddit saying that they had one Wii Mini registered and got banned. It mentioned how some serial numbers would just not be possible to obtain (the really high numbers).

I doubt they care much about what you do with the code, but the person getting the code has to know the risk involved with getting a code from someone else and CN can't be responsible for that.

zigg

I've read some posts on Reddit saying that they had one Wii Mini registered and got banned. It mentioned how some serial numbers would just not be possible to obtain (the really high numbers).
It'd be a piece of cake to have someone spend a day or two extracting the list of real Wii Mini serial numbers and having a simple computer program check it against to the list of registered serial numbers, then map that over to CN accounts.

From that point, it's just a matter of someone deciding whether it's worth the time to enact bans.

TunaLover

Yes, they are banning people who order tangible rewards with Wii mini exploit, I guess they had some method to filter the fake ones? Because banning people for getting more than 2 Wii minis seems absolutely arbitrary.

Top Bottom