• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Yes, they are banning people who order tangible rewards with Wii mini exploit, I guess they had some method to filter the fake ones? Because banning people for getting more than 2 Wii minis seems absolutely arbitrary.

They probably only sold about four Wii Minis, so it's easy to find out who's got a legit one.

I'm 120 coins away from Platinum status and have a incomplete plan on getting there with minimal money spent. I'm going to start spending my 1155 banked coins: 300 on NES Remix (20 coins earned if a chart I'm looking at is accurate) and 600 on Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (40 earned w/ the chart legitimacy caveat). Do we currently earn coins for digital rewards?

If yes, then I'd still have 60 coins left to earn to reach Platinum, but I have $15 to blow in my eShop account (and 255 banked coins after my planned rewards). It seems like there's a Wayforward sale atm on both 3DS and Wii U that can net some cheap coins? After post-play surveys, that might get me where I need to be. Do any Club Nintendo experts have any tips or suggestions?

zeitgeist

Oh god,

I did the wii mini thing twice but never got the coins. I haven't ordered anything yet (waiting until Platinum prizes are announced). I'm still paranoid though.

Any stories of people getting banned before ordering / only ordering digital stuff?

I'm 120 coins away from Platinum status and have a incomplete plan on getting there with minimal money spent. I'm going to start spending my 1155 banked coins: 300 on NES Remix (20 coins earned if a chart I'm looking at is accurate) and 600 on Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (40 earned w/ the chart legitimacy caveat). Do we currently earn coins for digital rewards?

If yes, then I'd still have 60 coins left to earn to reach Platinum, but I have $15 to blow in my eShop account (and 255 banked coins after my planned rewards). It seems like there's a Wayforward sale atm on both 3DS and Wii U that can net some cheap coins? After post-play surveys, that might get me where I need to be. Do any Club Nintendo experts have any tips or suggestions?

The Wayforward games should get you 15 each on 3DS. Pokemon Bank is 15 as well if you haven't got it yet.

Roo

I already talk with a Nintendo Rep, the problem is not the wiimi, is my family account have some "contradictory information".... XD
Still seems to be a stupid thing to ban you for.
Are you sure it's was not a generic response so they don't have to tell you the real reason why they banned you?

fatty

I'm not sure if you can get coins by buying virtual games with reward coins, I'm curious about this too. I'm in the same boat, but have 130 coins from Platinum status.

RK128

This is strange. I've never owned this game. Stuck my head in the eShop, too, to see if I suddenly randomly owned it.

....Guess CN glitched out or something? Either way, you got 40-50 free coins, so I say you got some good luck their Zigg :).

If you can't get the coins though, contact CN about this and see if this is just an simple error if they messed with your Nintendo ID (maybe they confused yours with someone else, thus explaining CN thinking you own Scribblenuts Unmasked).

Got my Smash CDs today!

mst3k-richochet-bbq-o.gif

tumblr_lsecxwXhXA1qaw8cv.gif

Yeah the Wii mini exploit stopped working a couple of weeks ago

I just logged into a couple of my accounts and none of them were deactivated/banned yet

If they do I won't even be suprised but I didn't use the accounts for physical orders only digital games

RK128

Yeah the Wii mini exploit stopped working a couple of weeks ago

I just logged into a couple of my accounts and none of them were deactivated/banned yet

If they do I won't even be suprised but I didn't use the accounts for physical orders only digital games

You should be fine for now, as Nintendo is targeting people using the coins to buy physical rewards first, then (most likely the week or so before the elite awards get announced) go after the accounts using the Wii Mini glitch to get the digital games.

I bought my codes off of E-bay, like many others did, so I highly doubt that Nintendo is going to deactivate the codes due to people selling the codes. Granted, the rules of CN state that you cannot sell/trade digital codes to other people, but from what I saw online, many people who used the exploit did it a crazy amount of times (one even said they have 50 accounts!), so it is very likely a lot of codes got sold to innocent people.

Like other people said here though, people should have considered the risks of buying codes online, but still, people got them because it was a great deal, unaware of the CN Wii Mini issue that has been going on for a while.

As long as you have your games backed-up to your PC/Laptop, even if Nintendo takes them away, you should still have access to them (as you will be coping a 'state' of your SD card), so that might help if you are worried about losing your games.

I did it to be safe (did it the other day after finding out my codes came from Wii Mini accounts......can't believe the sellers didn't tell the buyers that X(), so hope this helps you :).

Point of clarity.

Once April 1st hits, we will still be able to use our coins for the digital games on the current rewards page AND we will be able to pick our Platinum rewards?

If so I'm waiting until April 1st to see what games I'm going to use my coins for as to not overlap and buy up my final Platinum choice or something.

RK128

Point of clarity.

Once April 1st hits, we will still be able to use our coins for the digital games on the current rewards page AND we will be able to pick our Platinum rewards?

If so I'm waiting until April 1st to see what games I'm going to use my coins for as to not overlap and buy up my final Platinum choice or something.

I think you can used your coins for as long as the service lasts; you just cant earn any more coins/stars after March 31st.

That is a smart idea, as a number of the 3DS Rewards (3D Land, KI:Uprising, Star Fox) could very likely end up being Elite Rewards, so it is smart to save your coins for something else instead; (For example, you can use your 600 coins to get 3D Land and get OoT3D as an Elite Reward, hypothetically).

Hope this helps you :).

I think you can used your coins for as long as the service lasts; you just cant earn any more coins/stars after March 31st.

That is a smart idea, as a number of the 3DS Rewards (3D Land, KI:Uprising, Star Fox) could very likely end up being Elite Rewards, so it is smart to save your coins for something else instead; (For example, you can use your 600 coins to get 3D Land and get OoT3D as an Elite Reward, hypothetically).

Hope this helps you :).

I am quite curious to see what they do with the elite rewards, considering the stuff they're offering at the moment. A lot of that stuff, like you say, you'd expect to be elite rewards, but I wouldn't think they'd just offer the same stuff, that'd be a bit weird. So will it be better stuff? Worse stuff?

Not long to wait, I guess.

RK128

I am quite curious to see what they do with the elite rewards, considering the stuff they're offering at the moment. A lot of that stuff, like you say, you'd expect to be elite rewards, but I wouldn't think they'd just offer the same stuff, that'd be a bit weird. So will it be better stuff? Worse stuff?

If Nintendo is cool enough, they will go out with a bang and offer 3DS/Wii U games released in 2013 for the Elite Awards (alongside a few remakes/remasters like OoT3D, Wind Waker HD, ect).

I've made a few guessed lists of CN final rewards, but I think it is going to be a blend of what they are offering now alongside remakes/remasters not on the service (WWHD, OoT3D) and a few recent games (Link Between Worlds, Mario Kart 7, Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, ect).

I think it is a smart bet to just hold on to your coins for now and when the Elite Awards are announced, pick the games that interest you the most :).

Ryne

I'm hoping that there would be some good elite rewards too. I liked the digital games given away last year, however I have most of everything I want digitally right now anyway.

I wouldn't mind a surprise or two, but if there is nothing that interests me I'll probably end up selling off the codes.

donny2112

Maybe the free games from the Luigi's Mansion promo?

SM3DLand
Layton: Miracle Mask (I'm hoping for Azran, too)
Art Academy
Star Fox 64 (already offered now)
FreakyForms Deluxe

Throw in Mario Kart 7, too.

i-Jest

Personally I'd like to see Club Nintendo OSTs packaged together as an elite reward. That would be so kick ass. The option to download any game or two from the eShop the free of charge would also be awesome. Even eShop credit codes of 25$ would be sweet.

I'm a dreamer guys. Let me dream.

I have practically every first-party Nintendo game. The only thing I can think of that I don't have and is notable is Tomadachi Life. So, hopefully that is available.

-Horizon-

Personally I'd like to see Club Nintendo OSTs packaged together as an elite reward. That would be so kick ass. The option to download any game or two from the eShop the free of charge would also be awesome. Even eShop credit codes of 25$ would be sweet.

I'm a dreamer guys. Let me dream.

I'd like to join that dream :/

I'm hoping for Lego City Undercover and Tomadachi Life, but I don't have much faith. I would say Pokemon Art Academy, but I know I won't use it. This is what sucks about buying everything. ;-;

Ryne

I would take Lego City Undercover as well.

I always wanted that game but didn't want to pay for it, funny how that works.

So I ended up looking at the list of eligible games and noticed that the first 3DS Adventure Time game was worth coins! I've had that sitting around unregistered since 2012! I don't know why I thought old third party games didn't count. So now I'm just 30 coins away from reaching my Platinum status after earning coins from getting Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and NES Remix as rewards. The 3 post-play surveys should just get me there. I'm ecstatic! I was really ambivalent about treating the Wayforward games sale as a means to an end to some Club Nintendo goal, but it's funny that it was a Wayforward game I already owned that got me over.

Top Bottom