• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just realized. After this month, you can't register Ultimate NES Remix, meaning there's no way to get the free theme for buying it (I guess unless you get it digital). Was hoping it'd go on sale eventually so I could get that cool Famicom theme.

Is there any other retail game that gives you a theme/bonus for registering it?

FaintDeftone

Just a heads up, I registered SSBU on Christmas day and SSB3DS on the week of release so my copy of the soundtrack wasn't claimed until Christmas day.

I never got a shipment email from Nintendo and the soundtrack showed up randomly at my doorstep Friday afternoon. For those still waiting, it may just arrive unexpectedly like mine did.

foltzie1

Just a heads up, I registered SSBU on Christmas day and SSB3DS on the week of release so my copy of the soundtrack wasn't claimed until Christmas day.

I never got a shipment email from Nintendo and the soundtrack showed up randomly at my doorstep Friday afternoon. For those still waiting, it may just arrive unexpectedly like mine did.

Mine just showed up one day as well.

I'm happy people doing the exploit are getting banned, and I hope it extends to people who bought codes from these people; it's like buying a cheap Rolex from a guy in a coat on the street. You either know you're buying a stolen good or you're buying a knock-off.

Hatchtag

Banned
I'm happy people doing the exploit are getting banned, and I hope it extends to people who bought codes from these people; it's like buying a cheap Rolex from a guy in a coat on the street. You either know you're buying a stolen good or you're buying a knock-off.

Yeah, except unless they tell you or have an incredibly high supply of codes, there's absolutely no way to tell if they're fake or not.

Anyways, looks like 8 of the completely fake ones are still alive. Awesome. Hopefully they last through April.

i-Jest

And so Nintendo's merciless ban hammer of judgement continues to fall on unsuspecting accounts.

This to is the universal will.

Bamboo Boy

Neo Member
The judgement has come.

78n5H8n.jpg

topplehat

Oddly enough Gmail marked my notification email as spam.

Bit the bullet and got a HarmoKnight code. Didn't want to dwell on coins any longer, and it was either that or 2 GameBoy games to eliminate all of the remaining coins (Well, all but 5)

Now to patiently await the elite rewards. Kinda hoping they let you pick more than one, but it's Nintendo, so we should be thankful to even get one. :/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
People being banned for the Wii Mini exploit will get no sympathy from me. Maybe Nintendo will go ahead and remove any digital rewards that were obtained from those accounts as well. We know they have the ability to do so.

I am stuck at 290 points. Damn.

50 coins here. After the Animal Crossing cards disappeared any thought of obtaining enough for those went out the window and I blew my remaining coins on the calendar.

Korezo

I need 100 coins for platinum, Is there a way to put multiple of the same game? I bought wonderful 101 long time ago but then bought it again, same with Luigi U. So I have 120 in codes that I can't use..

Why/when did TTH get banned?

These account disablings have me a little nervous.

I think it was due to his continuation of complaining about NOA which he did all the time. Most of his posts in the Downloads threads were just complaining about them being incompetent and whatnot. And stirring up trouble because of it (derailing).

That's what I recall.

davedc226

Does anyone know if Pokemon HeartGold is compatible for coins? I tried registering over the weekend and completing the registration survey and it gave me an error message upon completion. I saw the initial registration survey in my "To-Do" list over the weekend and planned on doing it earlier this morning but found that it disappeared! I'll have to contact support to see what happened.

RK128

So is it confirmed if you added even one Mini your account is DOA?

From everything I saw from the Redett thread, if you have one Wii Mini on your account, you are fine (as it isn't excessive; you only got 'one' system your account and you can state you bought a Wii Mini and still sound very believable).

My account only has one Wii Mini (only used it to reach platinum status and nothing more; gave a game away to someone to make up for using the exploit a while back), and it still works perfectly fine (I never ordered any physical rewards though, so keep that in consideration; if you ordered physical rewards, you are a red flag for being banned).

If in any case my account gets banned from using one Wii Mini, I am sorry, as you will lose access to the DK94 code I gave you :(. Next week I should be getting more coins (30 from post-plays thanks to getting Gunman Cleve and the Mighty Switch Force games), so if anyone wants any of the GB games, please PM me next week :).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure some people have said they were banned with just one Wii Mini. But in the couple of instances I saw that they didn't say whether or not it was a legit one.

neto

Does anyone know if Pokemon HeartGold is compatible for coins? I tried registering over the weekend and completing the registration survey and it gave me an error message upon completion. I saw the initial registration survey in my "To-Do" list over the weekend and planned on doing it earlier this morning but found that it disappeared! I'll have to contact support to see what happened.

I added soul silver about a month ago and it gave me coins, so unless it expired or something, check again and if it isn't there contact support

From everything I saw from the Redett thread, if you have one Wii Mini on your account, you are fine (as it isn't excessive; you only got 'one' system your account and you can state you bought a Wii Mini and still sound very believable).

My account only has one Wii Mini (only used it to reach platinum status and nothing more; gave a game away to someone to make up for using the exploit a while back), and it still works perfectly fine (I never ordered any physical rewards though, so keep that in consideration; if you ordered physical rewards, you are a red flag for being banned).

If in any case my account gets banned from using one Wii Mini, I am sorry, as you will lose access to the DK94 code I gave you :(. Next week I should be getting more coins (30 from post-plays thanks to getting Gunman Cleve and the Mighty Switch Force games), so if anyone wants any of the GB games, please PM me next week :).

I mean. Uh something something.

Glad I was smart enough to register only one Wii Mini on my main, and then make an alt for the rest. I wonder though, will they remove the game I got from the alt? Only time will tell.

RK128

I mean. Uh something something.

I think Kirby's Pinball Land is quite a fun game, same with Metroid II, so PM me next week and by that time, my coins should come in and I should be able to give you either of the two games if you want.

Again, I am very sorry if you lose access to DK94 in the future :(.

Glad I was smart enough to register only one Wii Mini on my main, and then make an alt for the rest. I wonder though, will they remove the game I got from the alt? Only time will tell.

Considering it is a digital game, I do not think Nintendo will take away digital games from people; many like myself got the codes for the games through E-bay and the like (and even though it is against CN polices, it was frequent enough for Nintendo to let people have access to the digital game rewards from Mini accounts, those accounts will just be scrapped instead).

One thing you can do to ensure you have your games though it so make a back-up of your SD card/HDD you put the games on your PC/Laptop to ensure you can back-up your games encase Nintendo takes them. I did that for my 2DS to not lose the games I bought off of E-Bay.

Hope this helps you somewhat :).

Lum1n3s

Used two of them, got my account deactivated from it I'm assuming. Will call in tomorrow to try and fix this, def. don't want to miss out on my Mewtwo code and I've been with them since My Nintendo rolled out.

RK128

Used two of them, got my account deactivated from it I'm assuming. Will call in tomorrow to try and fix this, def. don't want to miss out on my Mewtwo code and I've been with them since My Nintendo rolled out.

You can tell Nintendo that you got the Wii Mini's recently (for collectors means; disks drives can die fast or get ruined like nothing.....Other M trashed my White Wii's Disk Drive X() and that you used them prior to Nintendo de-listing them from CN.

I mean, I would think Nintendo would target the accounts that used the exploit tons of times (or the people who made 30+ accounts with the Wii Mini's), so I think you are in a good spot regarding talking to CN support services.

Hope this helps you somehow Lum1n3s.

Lum1n3s

You can tell Nintendo that you got the Wii Mini's recently (for collectors means; disks drives can die fast or get ruined like nothing.....Other M trashed my White Wii's Disk Drive X() and that you used them prior to Nintendo de-listing them from CN.

I mean, I would think Nintendo would target the accounts that used the exploit tons of times (or the people who made 30+ accounts with the Wii Mini's), so I think you are in a good spot regarding talking to CN support services.

Hope this helps you somehow Lum1n3s.

Ahhhh alright I'll be sure to take note of that. I'd rather just them take my coins away as well as the physical reward I wanted to get if they do re-activate it.

Thanks!

I don't know what's worse, a person admitting they used a Wii Mini for coins when they shouldn't have or just admitting that they bought a Wii Mini when they shouldn't have.

Top Bottom