• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Roto13

Does anyone want to trade a Club Nintendo code for a code for Grill Off with Ultra Hand? I already have it, and I have like 70 coins or something, and I'm probably not going to buy anything else before the end of the month. (So you give me a code, I redeem it, spend it on the game, and give you the game.)

I'm just doing this to be nice. I'm not getting anything from it. :p

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This is the answer i got today, only one wii mini registered...:/

Don't you register with the serial number and not just a code? I'd think it would be hard to argue if you were to send a picture of a system with the matching serial number.

I mean, receipts only would be kind of bullshit, what if it was a gift?

BorntoPlay

Don't you register with the serial number and not just a code? I'd think it would be hard to argue if you were to send a picture of a system with the matching serial number.

I mean, receipts only would be kind of bullshit, what if it was a gift?

i already send a picture with the serial code... but i don't hold my breath....

Garraboa

Does anyone want a spare SMT IV code? First PM I get recieves it.

EDIT: Given! wilflare I hope it reached you, I suck at checking messages :V

2nd EDIT: and it didn't work. I'm so sorry :(

wilflare

Does anyone want a spare SMT IV code? First PM I get recieves it.

EDIT: Given! wilflare I hope it reached you, I suck at checking messages :V

2nd EDIT: and it didn't work. I'm so sorry :(

no worries man :D thanks anyway

----
my brother's been buying on stuff on his 3DS eShop without linking to a CN account
I just linked to his own CN account - can we still get coins retroactively? or no

Sora_N

What the fuck Nintendo, they sent my CD in a stupid plastic wrap, and it got cracked obviously. Morons.

I'm going to complain. I know it's an easy fix but they had no protection when shipping.

for those who are banned, there is hope;
_____
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. I apologize for the delay in our response, as we’ve been busier than normal during this time of the year.

Regarding your email, I can certainly understand your concerns about having your account reactivated for the end of Club Nintendo. While I can't make any promises, I have forwarded your reactivation request to be processed. Someone from our Administrative Group will contact you via email when it is complete.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Cal Trim

:0

I bet a CD in a bubble wrap envelope is just a little too thick to be sent as oversized lettermail instead of a parcel. So in order to save a few bucks Nintendo ends up sending a replacement.

ffdgh

_____
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. I apologize for the delay in our response, as we’ve been busier than normal during this time of the year.

Regarding your email, I can certainly understand your concerns about having your account reactivated for the end of Club Nintendo. While I can't make any promises, I have forwarded your reactivation request to be processed. Someone from our Administrative Group will contact you via email when it is complete.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Cal Trim

Cool hope everyone has an extra 100 coins(or more) to spare.

_____
Hello,

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Cal Trim

So they would ban people who exploited them to simply reactivate them if they ask them to? Where would be the sense in that? I know that it's Nintendo, but still...

Roo

_____
Hello,

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Cal Trim

*In before they send you an e-mail telling you how sorry they are but they can't reactivate your account without proof you purchased a Wii Mini*

RK128

Hay guys, found this in the CN Redit:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. I apologize for the delay in our response as we've been busier than normal during this time of the year.

Regarding your email, I'm sorry to here that your Club Nintendo account was deactivated. Using the information provided in your email, I was able to locate your account. I need to explain that we recently made changes to the Club Nintendo product registration policy due to some fraudulent registrations. As a result, the Wii mini system is no longer eligible for Club Nintendo Coins. Your family account shows an unusual registration history, so it has been temporarily deactivated until we verify proof of purchase for each of the units that correspond with the serial numbers that have been registered through Club Nintendo. As a result of the deactivation, any pending Club Nintendo Reward Orders (including the Mewtwo DLC) were canceled. However, any games that you have already downloaded, that were received as a Club Nintendo Reward, will not be affected.

Please reply to this email with a picture of the serial number from each system registered in your Club Nintendo account, with your Club Nintendo username included in the picture (write the username on a piece of paper and take a picture where the serial number and username are both clearly visible).

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc. Tasha Greene

This confirms that if you bought any of the CN Reward Codes or abused the Wii Mini glitch to get the digital games, you have them on your NNID for good :). I know this isn't particularly great news (as people who really milked the system are getting away for doing that), but it is nice that people who bought he CN codes online aren't going to lose their games :D.

I feel relieved hearing this; spent 50+ bucks on my game codes (and all of the games are fantastic :D: love KI: Uprising and 3D Land :)), so I'm happy to know I will still have access to them in the future :).

Hope this relieves a few people who were in a similar spot I am in (buying games online through E-Bay unaware of them coming from Wii Mini accounts) :).

Blues1990

While my posters haven't arrived just yet, my Smash Bros. soundtrack has, among some other tasty goodies.

2Co1ceS.jpg

RK128

While my posters haven't arrived just yet, my Smash Bros. soundtrack has, among some other tasty goodies.

Nice Amibo's due :D! The Mario Series line looks a lot better then the Smash one (I guess from the better poses) and that Super Mushroom looks cool too :).

Hope you enjoy Mario Party 10 :). While I've heard mixed thought about that one, it still is Mario Party, so it should be a very fun time with friends and family :D.

none of my friends got spare club nintendo points so i had to buy wind waker hd and captain toad(two games iwas gonna buy anyways but was hoping to get them later this year) to get enough points for plat, which I'll have once i register those 2 + do the post survey. that is of course if its true that rusty's real baseball and steel diver give you free points. if not, well I'm screwed :(

-Horizon-

none of my friends got spare club nintendo points so i had to buy wind waker hd and captain toad(two games iwas gonna buy anyways but was hoping to get them later this year) to get enough points for plat, which I'll have once i register those 2 + do the post survey. that is of course if its true that rusty's real baseball and steel diver give you free points. if not, well I'm screwed :(
Unless they recently changed it, those two should give you free coins.

-Horizon-

i got downloaded them this morning and still no survey, do they only have a post game survey or what? D:
I'm trying to login to check what happened when I did it but I can't lol
Site must be getting hammered because reasons again :/

Edit: ok, managed to login and look at my to do history. Strange, its showing me having done the registration and post play surveys for each but they show no coin value for either of them. I clearly remember getting coins from these two games, pokebank and transporter, and that mario AR app. These surveys were the only reason I hit platinum last year.

Nintendo "may" have removed the free coins for f2p games :/

Loco4Coco

Just got an confirmation email saying that my Smash posters from the final club nintendo rewards has been shipped. Thought it would've taken longer.

L95

Just got an confirmation email saying that my Smash posters from the final club nintendo rewards has been shipped. Thought it would've taken longer.

I think mine just did too. Mine were the v2 set btw.

Only thing left to ship is the Zelda XL pouch and I'll never have anything to do with CN ever again...

NoRéN

Hay guys, found this in the CN Redit:

This confirms that if you bought any of the CN Reward Codes or abused the Wii Mini glitch to get the digital games, you have them on your NNID for good :). I know this isn't particularly great news (as people who really milked the system are getting away for doing that), but it is nice that people who bought he CN codes online aren't going to lose their games :D.

I feel relieved hearing this; spent 50+ bucks on my game codes (and all of the games are fantastic :D: love KI: Uprising and 3D Land :)), so I'm happy to know I will still have access to them in the future :).

Hope this relieves a few people who were in a similar spot I am in (buying games online through E-Bay unaware of them coming from Wii Mini accounts) :).

Aww, looks like this dude and others like them won't get their wish :(
I'm happy people doing the exploit are getting banned, and I hope it extends to people who bought codes from these people; it's like buying a cheap Rolex from a guy in a coat on the street. You either know you're buying a stolen good or you're buying a knock-off.

Top Bottom