• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Eh, Netflix on Wii isn't that great to be honest. I've tried 3 times in the past month to watch something on it and it always shits the bed. :/

That said, Wii Mini is such a huge gimp. It was already bad enough when they started producing Wiis that weren't compatible with GameCube software/accessories in 2011 (At no reduction in MSRP, mind), but then they had the gall to reduce it even further, but at least the Wii Mini is massively reduced in price. They should have just kept the Wii with GC-compatibility and then introduced the Wii Mini in 2011 (Unless they already did in that year, I know it was severely delayed in US so forgive my inaccuracies).

I do understand that it's one of the cheaper alternatives to getting red wii remote/nunchuck, however. I was fortunate enough to purchase a red wii bundle. Others may not be as fortunate.

The Wii Mini is literally only useful for playing physical Wii games with Wii accesories.

donny2112

Doesn't it also not have an SD slot or USB ports? And it's limited to composite only?

It's basically like every other Nintendo console revision late in its life.

SD card is intrinsically tied to online, as the SD card was only really useful for DLC/DL Titles. Don't know about USB ports, though, but that could be true to remove the LAN adapter as an option.

Seems pretty clear that Nintendo wanted to take out every avenue they could to prevent piracy on Wii Mini, but that ship had already sailed.

zigg

From everything I saw from the Redett thread, if you have one Wii Mini on your account, you are fine (as it isn't excessive; you only got 'one' system your account and you can state you bought a Wii Mini and still sound very believable).
It's not believable if the serial number you used doesn't match an actual manufactured unit. There's no reason Nintendo couldn't match that data up if they considered it worth their while to do so.

Of course, it's still fraudulent to have used a serial number for a system you didn't own (let alone one that never existed) whether you get caught and banned or not.

Lum1n3s

To anyone thinking of calling in, don't. You're SOL, unless you can prove you bought a Wii Mini with a receipt by sending a pic in. Even spoke with a supervisor with no luck too.

On part it was my mistake for accepting those two codes and using them but hey what can you do now. It was fun being with you Nintendo since you first rolled out Nintendo all the way up until now.

... *sigh*...

Glix

Catch me up on this situation. So i registered 2 wii mini. I have not used the coins i have over 600 in my acct.

I can still access my account and get surveys, but my ssb soundtrack has not shipped...

Am i banned?

OmegaFax

Used two of them, got my account deactivated from it I'm assuming. Will call in tomorrow to try and fix this, def. don't want to miss out on my Mewtwo code and I've been with them since My Nintendo rolled out.

Catch me up on this situation. So i registered 2 wii mini. I have not used the coins i have over 600 in my acct.

I can still access my account and get surveys, but my ssb soundtrack has not shipped...

Am i banned?

Bans are happening and continuing to be happen. I would try to get a digital reward and pray that when they deactivate your account, they don't delete the reward from whatever NNID you redeemed it from.

Am i banned?

You don't seem to be banned... yet.

Roo

To anyone thinking of calling in, don't. You're SOL, unless you can prove you bought a Wii Mini with a receipt by sending a pic in. Even spoke with a supervisor with no luck too.

On part it was my mistake for accepting those two codes and using them but hey what can you do now. It was fun being with you Nintendo since you first rolled out Nintendo all the way up until now.

... *sigh*...
That sucks.
btw, just to be clear, only your CN account was banned, right?
your NNID is still intact

It would be a shitty thing to do if they lock you out from legitimate purchases too.

Shauni

So, they're seriously do bans for the Wii Mini thing now? That seems strange to me. People have been doing that for a long while, and now they suddenly give a shit? Lol, how silly. I mean, I get it, but you wait until the very end of the damn promotion to try and sort that out?

RK128

That sucks.

It would be a shitty thing to do if they lock you out from legitimate purchases too.

I mean, they can only lock your NNID if it is linked to your CN account, I think. I disconnected my NNID from my CN account in case Nintendo locks out my account (have one Wii Mini on my CN; no family members on my account and no physical rewards ordered), so as long as you disconnect your NNID from your CN before Nintendo drops the ban hammer, you should be fine I think.

donny2112

With the CN final rewards being pretty big retail games, maybe the Elite reward games will be even bigger, and they're trying to get rid of illegitimately gained Elite members before offering those rewards in a couple of weeks.

Well just in case my account got banned for my single wii mini (that didnt even give me points...) I went to gamestop and grabbed some to make an entirely separate account with. Asked the cashier guy and he said "sure go ahead" made sure to get my smash mewtwo codes on the new account and hit gold so at least I get something.

Damn you nintendo.

eggwolio

Well just in case my account got banned for my single wii mini (that didnt even give me points...) I went to gamestop and grabbed some to make an entirely separate account with. Asked the cashier guy and he said "sure go ahead" made sure to get my smash mewtwo codes on the new account and hit gold so at least I get something.

Damn you nintendo.

But now you have two accounts. They gonna kill you.

iphys

I don't know what's worse, a person admitting they used a Wii Mini for coins when they shouldn't have or just admitting that they bought a Wii Mini when they shouldn't have.

I bought a Wii mini with store points that was on sale for $80 just to get the red Wiimote and nunchuk and Mario Kart, and the 100 CN coins were a nice bonus assuming my account doesn't end up getting accidentally banned because of it. Trying to steal rewards from Nintendo by claiming you bought a Wii mini you didn't is definitely far, far lower. I was already mad when I heard about the exploit and had to rush to register my mini before some dirtbag stole my serial number, and now I have to worry about getting flushed out with the scum that were doing it, but I feel like anyone that stole a serial number and got banned for it truly deserves it no matter how harsh it may seem to lose all those last rewards over it.

Wait, are we operating under the assumption that no Smash Soundtrack yet means something is fucked?

I still haven't gotten mine and I am shenaniganless. I hope I don't miss out on this.

Nicko

I'm already at platinum status, and have 3 extra codes if anyone wants them. First person to PM me gets em.

EDIT: Codes gone!

SmithnCo

So, they're seriously do bans for the Wii Mini thing now? That seems strange to me. People have been doing that for a long while, and now they suddenly give a shit? Lol, how silly. I mean, I get it, but you wait until the very end of the damn promotion to try and sort that out?

Someone at Nintendo just found out about the internet

Lum1n3s

That sucks.

Are people's NNID not working when the club nintendo account gets deactivated? I mean the only thing I got with the coins was a Smash Poster V2 set. I didn't get anything digital.

Trust me if they locked me out of my NNID you better believe Nintendo is going to get a nasty call.

nermal

Neo Member
I had no knowledge that the codes expire, and I was hoping to achieve was platinum for the first time. My code for "wii fit" is outdated and I stick to 100 coins to achieve the goal, not long ago I purchased it. :(

Megatron

I had no knowledge that the codes expire, and I was hoping to achieve was platinum for the first time. My code for "wii fit" is outdated and I stick to 100 coins to achieve the goal, not long ago I purchased it. :(

Are you named after Garfield's friend?

How many points are you from Platinum?

I think it has more to do with the fact they're gauging how many physical rewards they have to make once they lock that up. They're seeing people use an exploit to get a crazy amount of these goods, which costs them more money to produce. I'm sure they're not too keen about that so here comes the bans.

i-Jest

I think it has more to do with the fact they're gauging how many physical rewards they have to make once they lock that up. They're seeing people use an exploit to get a crazy amount of these goods, which costs them more money to produce. I'm sure they're not too keen about that so here comes the bans.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Adamator

Does club nintendo still not give coins if you enter the same game twice on the same account?

A friend gave me a code for a game I already have.

RK128

Does club nintendo still not give coins if you enter the same game twice on the same account?

A friend gave me a code for a game I already have.

If you make a child account under your CN, you could register the game and still get its coins/stars :).

Artorias

Banned
My account and my GFs are really close to Plat, but our main Nintendo ID account for digital is shared. If I buy a few games and do the registration surveys and then switch the CN account to hers, will the post plays still show up on my (the original) account?

I've bought just about every physical game I've been eyeing so i'm hoping I can finish up with just digital stuff, but I don't want to wait a week for post plays, because then I couldn't do post plays for the games I buy for the other account. I know I should have done this sooner, but I've been really busy.

BorntoPlay

This is the answer i got today, only one wii mini registered...:/

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo.

I know this isn’t what you were hoping to hear, but we will be unable to reactivate your account unless you can provide proof of ownership for the Wii Mini registered. As a reminder, no reward orders or promotional gifts will be sent from an account while it is deactivated.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Top Bottom