• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess it's worth mentioning that Sakurai has stated that the Mewtwo DLC is "pretty much done" & that they "plan to release Mewtwo pretty soon".

Maybe this means the codes will start being sent out in April?

Blues1990

Nice Amibo's due :D! The Mario Series line looks a lot better then the Smash one (I guess from the better poses) and that Super Mushroom looks cool too :).

Hope you enjoy Mario Party 10 :). While I've heard mixed thought about that one, it still is Mario Party, so it should be a very fun time with friends and family :D.

Thanks, man. Unfortunately, all of my friends had blown me off from coming to my place to play with me, and the one friend who was (very) reluctant to play MP10 with me had hated it.

Endy MacK

So.... I need to buy something to get 10 coins. Which is better, Blok Drop U, or Blok Drop Twisted Fusion? Both are $1.99, currently.

Edit: Never mind, Blok Drop U only gives 5 coins.... Twisted Fusion it is! (Unless there is a cheaper option I'm missing?)

So, any guess as to what will be offered for the elite status rewards?

It supposedly is going to be all digital games, but even as such, maybe we'll get a couple surprises? Like, SURPRISE! Select N64 Wii U VC games! Or GameCube games! Or...no, lol, I know it's not going to be those, but meh. Maybe some more digital Wii games? We haven't had any (at least in NA) since January.

Maybe Nintendo will surprise us with one more physical reward...Silver Mario Amiibo.**

Only to members who have received platinum status for 3+ years

RK128

So, any guess as to what will be offered for the elite status rewards?

It supposedly is going to be all digital games, but even as such, maybe we'll get a couple surprises? Like, SURPRISE! Select N64 Wii U VC games! Or GameCube games! Or...no, lol, I know it's not going to be those, but meh. Maybe some more digital Wii games? We haven't had any (at least in NA) since January.

Maybe Nintendo will surprise us with one more physical reward...Silver Mario Amiibo.**

Only to members who have received platinum status for 3+ years

I'm expecting a few remakes/remastered games (WWHD, OoT3D) alongside some of the 2013 Wii U/3DS retail games/E-shop games to be part of the digital rewards.

I could see Nintendo giving CN member part of the service for years access to the GBA Ambestor games though :); it is just download code, so they can print a small handful of them for Platinum members part of the service for two or more years :).

Looking forward to April for this too (really want to get OoT3D XD!)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping for Lego City Undercover, that game is getting more expensive (generally $40+ used now). I'd rather find a physical copy but it's hard to argue with free. Failing that, DKC Trilogy.

Of course neither is likely to happen, Lego City has a third party license attached so they probably can't give it away, and the DKC games were just re-released and it's really unlikely Nintendo would give away a 3 game bundle, even if the value is lower than a single Wii U/3DS game.

Realistically, for Platinum I expect to see most of their Wii U releases apart from Smash and Mario Kart that don't have third party licenses (no LCU, no Bayonetta), and maybe not Hyrule Warriors if it's still selling well since it's the closest Wii U has to a Zelda release and it's still fairly recent. And a big selection of 3DS games other than the recent stuff (say, anything prior to Smash 3DS that wouldn't have licensing hurdles).

Gold will probably have a selection of VC and eShop games, probably similar to what's available now with fewer/no retail games but some more VC/eShop ones. It would be nice if they gave Platinum the option to select two gold or one platinum reward, but they've never done that before so I don't expect them to start now.

Realistically, for Platinum I expect to see most of their Wii U releases apart from Smash and Mario Kart that don't have third party licenses (no LCU, no Bayonetta), and maybe not Hyrule Warriors if it's still selling well since it's the closest Wii U has to a Zelda release and it's still fairly recent. And a big selection of 3DS games other than the recent stuff (say, anything prior to Smash 3DS that wouldn't have licensing hurdles).

Gold will probably have a selection of VC and eShop games, probably similar to what's available now with fewer/no retail games but some more VC/eShop ones. It would be nice if they gave Platinum the option to select two gold or one platinum reward, but they've never done that before so I don't expect them to start now.

The platinum rewards aren't going to be any better than last year's selection, why would they be? There'll be a few retail games for each system, and then a bunch of digital stuff for Gold people.

There won't be anything even remotely like "most of their Wii U releases," that's insane, man.

NoRéN;156976831 said:
When did you order and how do you like the bag?

Haha sorry. I didn't actually get it shipped yet. Just wondering if anyone has had any other physical rewards ship since the posters apparently have.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The platinum rewards aren't going to be any better than last year's selection, why would they be? There'll be a few retail games for each system, and then a bunch of digital stuff for Gold people.

There won't be anything even remotely like "most of their Wii U releases," that's insane, man.

"Most of their Wii U releases" excluding Smash, Bayonetta, Mario Kart, and Hyrule Warriors wouldn't be that big of a list, most of which have already either been offered for free (via MK8) or bundled heavily (NSMB, Nintendoland).

Admittedly, I did forget to say they likely wouldn't include their recent releases, I forgot Kirby and Mario Party even released, and Captain Toad is too recent.

That would basically be a choice of something like

Pikmin 3
NSMBU
Nintendoland
3D World
WWHD
Wii Party
Wii Fit U
Wonderful 101
Game & Wario

That doesn't seem unrealistic to me, especially with Nintendo banning accounts left and right for abuse.

I've got a list of coin codes all ready to go, I'm still offering any for a game reward if anyone is willing. Folks who would need this would mostly be any short of Gold or Platinum. :p

Games I have codes for so far:

Super Mario 3D World
Lego City Undercover
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Wii Party U
Fire Emblem Awakening
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Samurai Warriors 3
Battalion Wars 2

"Most of their Wii U releases" excluding Smash, Bayonetta, Mario Kart, and Hyrule Warriors wouldn't be that big of a list, most of which have already either been offered for free (via MK8) or bundled heavily (NSMB, Nintendoland).

Admittedly, I did forget to say they likely wouldn't include their recent releases, I forgot Kirby and Mario Party even released, and Captain Toad is too recent.

That would basically be a choice of something like

Pikmin 3
NSMBU
Nintendoland
3D World
WWHD
Wii Party
Wii Fit U
Wonderful 101
Game & Wario

That doesn't seem unrealistic to me, especially with Nintendo banning accounts left and right for abuse.

Why would they offer that many games, though? Why would they offer anything beyond what they offered last year, quantity-wise?

There's only so many digital rewards in the store because they appreciate that people have been saving coins for years and need something to spend them on. There's no need at all for them to do anything differently with the platinum rewards to what they have been.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Why would they offer that many games, though? Why would they offer anything beyond what they offered last year?

There's only so many digital rewards in the store because they appreciate that people have been saving coins for years and need something to spend them on. There's no need at all for them to do anything differently with the platinum rewards to what they have been.

Offering the exact same rewards would be kind of pointless if people already got what they wanted. They need to have variety otherwise they end up in a situation where a bunch of people don't really get anything because they already have everything they are interested in - it's a loyalty program, you showed loyalty by buying products, it doesn't make much sense to give you what you already bought.

It also doesn't seem fair to use last year as "what they've been doing," that was the only time they went exclusively digital for rewards. There isn't a set pattern.

Plus coins only last two years anyway. I think they want Club Nintendo to go out with a bang so people will be encouraged to continue with their new loyalty program, because pretty much everyone agrees that Club Nintendo has sucked for the last couple years.

Offering the exact same rewards would be kind of pointless if people already got what they wanted. They need to have variety otherwise they end up in a situation where a bunch of people don't really get anything because they already have everything they are interested in - it's a loyalty program, you showed loyalty by buying products, it doesn't make much sense to give you what you already bought.

I don't mean "the exact same rewards" as last year, I mean that if they had one retail Wii U game offered last year, there's no reason why they'd suddenly have ten this year. It doesn't follow.

I don't mean "the exact same rewards" as last year, I mean that if they had one retail Wii U game offered last year, there's no reason why they'd suddenly have ten this year. It doesn't follow.
I also don't see why Nintendo wouldn't put out anything that isn't at least on par with the "final" rewards that they just put up (digital games, of course). They have W101 and even 1st party 3DS games on there, ffs.

Point is, the elite rewards last year wasn't the "end" of the program, and as such, the rewards weren't anything special. But now with the service coming to an end, they almost certainly will offer something bigger than those. It really isn't too far-fetched to expect full retail Wii U and/or 3DS downloads of some sort.

Just to make sure. Wii and DS games not have those surveys that show up 7 days later right?

When I register them I can get all the coins I can at that same time? No stuff showing up later?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have 1000 coins and no idea what to get... Kid Icarus Uprising?

Kid Icarus Uprising is the best game out of the bunch.

Use the remaining coins to get Harmo Knight.

Or even better: Get Kid Icarus Uprising, Link's Awakening and sell both codes to me. :D

SNIKT!

Okay, looks like I need 170 coins for platinum. Anyone got any spare club codes for sale? Am I too late for the Smash Mewtwo deal? If not I need a 3DS smash code.

SystemUser

So Revelations has a code in the box and ZombiU doesn't?

Neither of them have one from what I know. Revelations certainly doesn't (mine doesn't).

My copy of RE: Revelations for the 3DS has a Club Nintendo coins code card. I was able to register it when I bought it last year. Maybe it doesn't ship with the card anymore, but the 3DS version is still eligible according to this link: https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do The Wii U version looks like it is only eligible for coins if you buy the digital version.

Looking at last year's Elite rewards, it seemed pretty underwhelming for Gold members. Platinum wasn't significantly better but at least there were actual retail releases.

Rhapsody

Banned
For anyone that's ordered stuff like the majora's mask bag, did anyone get theirs yet?

I ordered mine a month ago. Got an order confirmation but not a shipping one, so I was wondering if they've even been sending them out to people.

L95

For anyone that's ordered stuff like the majora's mask bag, did anyone get theirs yet?

I ordered mine a month ago. Got an order confirmation but not a shipping one, so I was wondering if they've even been sending them out to people.

I ordered the 3DS bag/case thing and the v2 poster, but only the posters have shipped.

Top Bottom