• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

flippeh

Smash soundtrack turned up in the mail yesterday. Alberta Canada. No shipping email or anything.

Odd how they shipped it in what was essentially a clear plastic bag. No cracks or damage though!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm sitting on 800 coins and I guess I should pull the trigger soon. So I was wondering which you guys thought was the smarter thing to go for.

A: Wonderful 101
Golden Sun (or Super Mario Bros 3) Wii U

B: Kid Icarus Uprising

I'm thinking that W101 could be offered as a Platinum prize, while KI might not be. Plus KI seems to be a game that's going to become more expensive over time, while W101 probably won't.

batfax

I'm sitting on 800 coins and I guess I should pull the trigger soon. So I was wondering which you guys thought was the smarter thing to go for.

I'm thinking that W101 could be offered as a Platinum prize, while KI might not be. Plus KI seems to be a game that's going to become more expensive over time, while W101 probably won't.

Golden Sun doesn't really hold up story-wise to me, so I'd probably just go for KIU out of those two options.

Regiruler

KIU is the better game and you can find W101 for around half msrp usually.

Griss

Ah, I'm only 140 coins away from platinum but with no access to a game store or my Wii U. Oh well, I suppose.

Is there any way to buy from Nintendo online, and would the coins immediately be credited to your account?

Griss

I'm looking at Punch-Out or Dr. Luigi on the online shop. These would give 20 coins, right? That's what I understand from the OP.

F8AL

Hmmmm..

Maybe it will show up soon.

Well, this is what I currently see when I log into my Club Nintendo account. (In regards to checking the status of the Smash CD.)

1nVUDWg.png

Bilollipop

I just got my Smash CD in Calgary, it appears to be not cracked.
I asked some friends for some Club Nintendo codes and got to Platinum, but I have two left over and was wondering if any of you wanted them.

All gone!

catabarez

I asked some friends for some Club Nintendo codes and got to Platinum, but I have two left over and was wondering if any of you wanted them.

I have a Smash 3DS Code and an OoT3D code.
Pretty sure they haven't been used, but no promises.
First come first serve :D

I'll take OoT :)

teeg

I have a Smash 3DS Code and an O̶o̶T̶3̶D̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶e̶.̶ ̶
Pretty sure they haven't been used, but no promises.
First come first serve :D

I'll take the Smash 3DS Code if it's still available.

Kagemusha

New retail case of Wind Waker didn't have a Club Nintendo registration code. Must have been a new printing of game. Dang. Well, I guess I can pick up Bayonetta later for enough points to get a VC reward.

Roo

New retail case of Wind Waker didn't have a Club Nintendo registration code. Must have been a new printing of game. Dang. Well, I guess I can pick up Bayonetta later for enough points to get a VC reward.

You have to consider that even tho Bayonetta is a newer game, there's a chance it won't come with a CN code either because of the service coming to an end. Same as WWHD, Captain Toad, etc.

Lebon14

Man, I'm worried about the Platinum Prize (assuming it's non-digital).
I never got my original shipment of the Super Smash Bros CD. I just got the 2nd yesterday (called them, told them the issue, they sent another). However, that ended up at someone else's place. Thankfully they brought it to me (the package was opened, but not the CD), but still ridiculous. Not only that, but the case itself was cracked.

Been an absolute disaster.

HA!
I received my CDs yesterday and, just as you: the jewel case was cracked! It's because of Nintendo's shitty way to send this in. A plastic wrap containing the CDs with a card with my address on it... Of course, disasters ARE BOUND TO HAPPEN. How much more does a bubble mailer cost? 2$? That's so fucking cheap, Nintendo. Now, I will have to spend 40$ on getting jewel cases. Because, yes, it cost that FUCKING much for 10 of them.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Contact Nintendo customer service and they'll credit a code to your CN account. That's what I did when my copy of Captain Toad didn't come with a code.

HA!
I received my CDs yesterday and, just as you: the jewel case was cracked! It's because of Nintendo's shitty way to send this in. A plastic wrap containing the CDs with a card with my address on it... Of course, disasters ARE BOUND TO HAPPEN. How much more does a bubble mailer cost? 2$? That's so fucking cheap, Nintendo. Now, I will have to spend 40$ on getting jewel cases. Because, yes, it cost that FUCKING much for 10 of them.

Buy a cheap CD instead.

Psyae

A friend of mine bought Hyrule Warriors and it didn't have a Club Nintendo code either. He called Nintendo and they got him the coins. Might be worth a shot.

zigg

Sounds like I may have a similar problem to the rest of you.

My Ultimate NES Remix (just purchased) has a download code for the Famicom theme printed inside the box art, but no CN code.

No other paperwork inside.

We did just buy Hyrule Warriors a week or so ago and it did have a code inside the box art (IIRC). I bet they're dropping codes from new printings.

Ozium

was 10 coins short of W101 but thought fuck it, it's like 10 gigs might as well just get it on disc..

grabbed Dr Luigi and Chibi Robo Photo Finder

still have coins left over wish I could do something with them.

also that smash CD I got has no defects in the jewel case, it was sent in a media mailer (the bubble wrap built into the envelope)
kind of don't want to open it and keep it sealed

Has anyone else still not received the soundtrack? u__u

I thought maybe I had forgotten to do something, but it says in my Account that I'm all set to receive it.

Roto13

I don't remember what they said. Are the Gold and Platinum rewards going to be posted on the beginning of the month, or is that just when they year ends?

I don't remember what they said. Are the Gold and Platinum rewards going to be posted on the beginning of the month, or is that just when they year ends?

From Club Nintendo's website.

"In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced."

Shizuka

I registered Pokémon X and OR when I got them in the past, but I got Pokémon Y and AS codes now, will I get the coins for them on the same account I registered X and OR?

Top Bottom