• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Hopefully the Platinum Prize isn't just "Pick one from here, including Gold" like it has been the last few years.

Since I have pretty much every 1st party digital release already, I'm worried I'll have whatever they're offering.

I don't really understand what you think the alternative is?

iphys

The alternative would be something you can't buy, like giving us that Japan Club Nintendo Picross game, or something that hasn't been made available for sale on the eShop yet like maybe GameCube VC or some sort of special DLC for Smash Bros or something. It would be nice if Club Nintendo went out with a bang and gave us something memorable, but I fear we may just get leftovers again, especially given Japan isn't even getting elite rewards.

WonderzL

Banned
I think I would only want Captain Toad or Kirby Triple Deluxe, but both are impossible. So... I'll probably give a game to one of my friends, really

Zeeman

Hmm, looks like I'm going to end up around 270 coins or so (unless I somehow manage to find all the codes I seem to have lost). Anyone have suggestions for the best games, Wii U or 3DS to grab in that range? (I already have Earthbound, Super Mario World, Punch-Out, LTTP and Super Metroid).

I'm a CD collector (although my collection is far from being very big, thanks to the lack of funds). So, no. I want to keep my CDs in the same kind of jewel cases they were.

If I was in the US, it would cost 10-15$ and that would be the end of it. Since I'm in Canada, nobody sells those in small quantities on this side of NA. Where are the sellers that sell them in small quantity? In the US, of course. 10$ + 20$ shipping. And, with the shitty US<->CAD exchange rate, in the end, it's 40$ CAD.

You like to keep your games in their original packaging? Well, it's the same for me and my CDs. Nintendo, seriously, you cheap...............

http://www.londondrugs.com/Certifie...L1508316,default,pd.html?start=2&q=jewel case

By "cheap CD" I mean a CD you won't mind cannibalizing because it's basically a coaster. Dollar stores should have CD's. Target has CD's at 60% off: surely you can find a couple for a few bucks.

I'm a game collector. I like my games to be in nice cases. If I buy a used game, the case is probably messed up. So I buy a cheap used game in a nice case, swap the cases, and trade/sell it.

Oh, crap!

My Post play surveys just popped up for my first batch of VC rewards. So, if I spend the rest of the coins on more games, tenets no way that the lost plays will show in time before the 31st, right?

Platy

I think I would only want Captain Toad or Kirby Triple Deluxe, but both are impossible. So... I'll probably give a game to one of my friends, really

Considering that Captain toad was a budget release, I can see it appearing here.

.....mostly because that means that Kirby and the Rainbow Curse also has a chance and that is what I want the most xD

donny2112

Oh, crap!

My Post play surveys just popped up for my first batch of VC rewards. So, if I spend the rest of the coins on more games, tenets no way that the lost plays will show in time before the 31st, right?

Correct. Registering yesterday was the last day to hope for post-plays showing up before the cut-off, I think.

randomkid

So, I'm still trading that US Club Nintendo code from Layton vs Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (40 coins I believe) if anyone is looking to reach Elite Status :p

Want: A code for a VC game (just one). I'm interested on Earthbound (Wii U VC), OR Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U VC), OR Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS VC) --- anything from those three.

So, if anyone has enough coins to redeem a game code for me, PM me :)

why would someone spend 250 of their own coins and give up a game worth $10 just to get 40 coins from you when they could just spend $3 or $4 on the eShop and get the 40 coins themselves?

your "trade" offer is ridiculous!

NoRéN

I have 130 coins left on my account. If anyone who has already hit platinum and has codes left to redeem and wants a cheap game, feel free to use my coins. PM if interested.

catmario

Club Nintendo's Login function is not working. ;(
I should register remain codes for platinum, but Club nintendo site always make me mad.
Edit: just logged in. fixed

Renewed

So here in Canada, I received my shipping notice for the CDs today. I decided to check my mailbox for once on my own today and lo and behold, the CD case is here. Comes in a clear plastic bag just big enough to fit the CD case. A single slip of paper as big as the CD case on one side to show my address and also includes a paper about amiibos.

Anyways, it arrived in great condition. Time to check it out.

Also, received a notice two days ago about my Smash V2 posters (Shulk, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr.) shipping.

Ondore

They said the elite rewards would be up April 1 - April 30, so that would have to mean an April Fool's Day announcement (fanfreakingtastic).

v1perz53

Hmm, I thought the last day to earn coins and register new products was the 31st? I bought New Super Luigi U DLC from the eShop yesterday and it is on the eligible products list as being worth 20 coins, but I'm not getting a survey for it. Kind of a bummer since I was 20 coins away from a Wii U VC game, without it I'd have to pick a random GameBoy game. Ah well, was gonna get that DLC anyway.

-Horizon-

Hmm, I thought the last day to earn coins and register new products was the 31st? I bought New Super Luigi U DLC from the eShop yesterday and it is on the eligible products list as being worth 20 coins, but I'm not getting a survey for it. Kind of a bummer since I was 20 coins away from a Wii U VC game, without it I'd have to pick a random GameBoy game. Ah well, was gonna get that DLC anyway.

The last day to put in codes/register games is March 31.

You should've gotten a survey if its still on that list. Email them.

They said the elite rewards would be up April 1 - April 30, so that would have to mean an April Fool's Day announcement (fanfreakingtastic).

They said they'd be available between 1st April and 30th April, so feasibly they could go live on any day in April, depending how you read it.

Roto13

That means this year's whining and complaining comes with a bunch of super clever people going "lol april fools lol" as a nice big sendoff.

About the platinum prize

It'll probably have every wii u game except for Mario kart 8 and smash wii u
Same with 3DS , except majoras mask , smash 3DS, mk7

I'd be down with DK tropical freeze B^) or Bayonetta 2 :O

About the platinum prize

Man, you people are going to be crazy-disappointed. Your expectations could not be more unrealistic. Dial them down a notch or twenty.

Hatchtag

Banned
About the platinum prize

That sounds way too optimistic, but then again I was pleasantly surprised by how damn good the digital rewards catalog ended up being.

Still, I'm pessimistically guessing it'll be a selection of the current digital rewards catalog + an extra Wii u, 3DS, and Wii game. Hoping for Tropical Freeze, MK7, and Super Mario RPG, personally.

eggwolio

While we're making predictions, I think we'll see Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Mario Kart 7 almost definitely. I would love to see Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze as well. I'm not sure what else to expect. Maybe Nintendoland or Wii Sports Club?

Roo

No matter what, I'm sure the Platinum rewards will end up being something I already have and used to reach platinum in first place :/
Yay!

Btw, do you guys think the new program will expand to new territories or they'll stick with US/Canada and most of Europe?
Edit: keeping physical rewards for those already eligible on CN but expanding to new regions for digital ones.

Man, you people are going to be crazy-disappointed. Your expectations could not be more unrealistic. Dial them down a notch or twenty.
Have you seen the current "final" rewards? We have Wonderful 101, Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Mario 3D Land, DKCR3D, NSMB2, and a load of Virtual Console and Indie stuff in between.

I really think you're underestimating what the final elite rewards will be, even if they are just the aforementioned again.

zroid

Banned
Have you seen the current "final" rewards? We have Wonderful 101, Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Mario 3D Land, DKCR3D, NSMB2, and a load of Virtual Console and Indie stuff in between.

I really think you're underestimating what the final elite rewards will be, even if they are just the aforementioned again.

The only thing that's guaranteed is I'm going to own it already! :lol

tauroxd

I think that Wind Waker and Pikmin 3 are going to be there, at least those, but I'm pretty sure that most of you here have those games... I only have WW, so Pikmin 3 won't be so bad.

I'm taking into account the free games that were eligeble from the Mario Kart 8 promotion to think that Pikmin and WW are going to be oh the selection for Platinum Reward.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Much as I would LOVE Bayonetta 2, I'm lowering my expectations to DKC Tropical Freeze.

I'm sure the MK8 promo games (Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, etc.) will be there as well. Can't really think of any 3DS games that I'd truly want from Nintendo right now that I haven't already played.

Top Bottom