• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

HUELEN10

But it's true. I literally just settled into my new place and got a reliable connection; been trying for WEEKS.

Been on this for 8 hours straight today, plus all the other attempts; plenty more than reasonable. The site has simply not been reliable, and it's not just today.

It sucks that the website didn't work at the end, but oh well.

It's the "If you're in a hurry to get somewhere, there will always be a slow car in front of you" reality in action.

I doubt buying new servers for a thing they're shutting down tomorrow made a ton of sense.

Roo

But it's true. I literally just settled into my new place and got a reliable connection; been trying for WEEKS.

Been on this for 8 hours straight today, plus all the other attempts; plenty more than reasonable. The site has simply not been reliable, and it's not just today.

I know there are a lot of legitimate reasons why people waited or couldn't do it until today to register their stuff but sadly, most of this is because of lazy people who didn't care for two months and now are desperate to even get in.

Like I previously said, I found a new code for a game I didn't register until a few minutes ago
but now we all are in the same bag so people will have to pay for someone else's mistake.

The site been running like crap all throughout those two months. Its not just today.

Yeah it's been total ass basically since they announced this whole discontinuation thing.

I registered two games, but didn't get prompted to do the survey and now it's totally down.

Ah well.

Ivan 3414

Yeah I've been trying to do the same few surveys this entire day and they refused to go through. The site's down now. That's it, I guess.

Through sheer luck was able to register a few games in the last hour. And have one survey go through.

The survey was for 100 coins for Wii Fit which I paid $2 used for. I actually bought it and a balance board and have the Fit Meter and the Wii U version. Didn't realize it gave so many coins. Sometimes you luck out.

Finished Theatrhythm survey and it said it was unsuccessful. Website is now down.

Stupid that Sonic Lost World doesn't come with CN code. :(

3DS one did weirdly enough.

Edit:

Sadly it doesn't make sense to extend stuff as it'll cost them money and they have the legitimate excuse that people had two months to do them.

I also wonder if the end of the fiscal year March 31 prevents them from extending it in any way?

Edit 2:

Yup, only maintenence. Probably until Platinum Rewards revealed. It's over.

Goodbye Club Nintendo Surveys. I tried to fill you out for real mostly until the end. Though that cost me coins for waiting till I had time to write.

I wish Hanfufa Cards and Game & Watch came back when I had coins and that I didn't go for that Gold Nunchuk.

I've been getting the Club Nintendo maintenance page for the past 30 minutes and it's now 3am EST.

I had two surveys to complete and one code to input. Dammit, Nintendo.

ss_lemonade

I've been getting the Club Nintendo maintenance page for the past 30 minutes and it's now 3am EST.

I had two surveys to complete and one code to input. Dammit, Nintendo.
Maybe its over? The site hasn't loaded for me in the past hour anymore. Good thing I was able to get one last code in, just enough for Kid Icarus

Ozium

bunch of people in here waiting for the last minute to enter codes and mad that the website is clogged?

come on now.....

hopefully the rewards drop tomorrow/later today

ffdgh

To think this is truely the end. It's been a fun almost 3 years. Ironic that today would be the day this topic reaches 20000 posts...in more ways than one lol.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Goodbye CN, thanks mostly for giving me Links Awakening as a Gold reward two years ago, one of the best games ever.

And thanks for all the PayPal money I recieved for selling your codes and swag!

Haha, perfect amount of posts.

Thanks, Club Nintendo, for all the cool stuff. I built up a good-sized Nintendo poster collection thanks to you. I wasn't able to get the last set as I had spent some coins just before the shutdown announcement, but oh well.

Can't wait to see what's next.

hazukash

Goodbye, Club Nintendo. My account says I joined in October 2004 and I used the new/current version from the start. It was a nice 10 years of free stuff.

zigg

A little sad to see it go. But its architecture was surely ancient in Internet years since it was launched so many years ago, and I'm certain they were getting fuck all for useful survey data out of it, which made it no longer worthwhile to run.

I almost replied to a bunch of the procrastinators with some well-reasoned responses to their hyperbolic complaints, but eh. Not worth it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still wonder if Club Nintendo &/or its replacement will be mentioned in today's Direct. Like "Today, we're proud to announce the rewards for Gold & Platinum members. Gold members can choose among [game titles here] while Platinum will have the additional games to choose from."

........then they announce the super awesome prize for being Platinum all 7 years.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Keeping an eye on this page since it also is suppose to list the Elite Status gifts until Club Nintendo is no longer under maintenance.

I'm hoping the rewards will be up around Noon or 1 p.m. EST since that's when they'd switch out the monthly games.

Pity I didn't manage to fill out about 320 coins of surveys before the site went kaput yesterday, but I shouldn't complain; I got Platinum twice over and have already claimed a bounty of rewards. Farewell, Club Nintendo.

cacildo

I still wonder if Club Nintendo &/or its replacement will be mentioned in today's Direct. Like "Today, we're proud to announce the rewards for Gold & Platinum members. Gold members can choose among [game titles here] while Platinum will have the additional games to choose from."

........then they announce the super awesome prize for being Platinum all 7 years.

Nah, probably not. Its kinda mean to the people that dosent have platinum/gold and even worst for those that didnt even had a club nintendo account

-Horizon-

Sayonara ya piece of junk. lol I'm only joking (kind of). You got me some great rewards over the years so I'm willing to overlook the...difficulties we've had.

Top Bottom