• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Megasoum

Banned
So I guess we'll find out what the Gold and Platinum rewards are today?

I've been waiting for those before spending my coins on the 2-3 games I want to play.

Ondore

I'd say rest in pieces to the Club Nintendo site, but I think last night took care of that.

Thanks for the free stuff and games, though.

tauroxd

I was in CN form the beginning... It's weird to see its end, but I hope it's for the sake of a better service with better servers for their website...

tI probably won't be a better service or server :(

Sayonara ya piece of junk. lol I'm only joking (kind of). You got me some great rewards over the years so I'm willing to overlook the...difficulties we've had.

I've said it before: Club Nintendo's primary goal seemed to be identifying and isolating Nintendo fans just so they knew where we were when they felt like screwing us over. I'm not sad it's gone, really. The past few years seem like an uphill battle with them. ..I did manage Platinum every year on two accounts though...

Ventara

So long, Club Nintendo! Though annoying at times, I always appreciated that you actually existed. Thanks for all the stuff.

I made the right decision using up my remaining 30 coins on HarmoKnight.

Shame about how under-utilized the non-Tempo characters are, though. Lyra's gameplay is so good. :(

heyf00L

I was at 245 coins last night, so I bought Rush. After many (many) tries I was able to do the survey for it. Now hopefully I'll be able to redeem for Earthbound at some point.

//ARCANUM

Keeping an eye on this page since it also is suppose to list the Elite Status gifts until Club Nintendo is no longer under maintenance.

I'm hoping the rewards will be up around Noon or 1 p.m. EST since that's when they'd switch out the monthly games.

Oh god. Those were last year's rewards? That's awful. I'm hoping they're better than that this year or that's gonna be a huge disappointment.

Edit - also adios Club Nintendo!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god. Those were last year's rewards? That's awful. I'm hoping they're better than that this year or that's gonna be a huge disappointment.

Edit - also adios Club Nintendo!
Yeah, the selection wasn't terrible, per say, but registering all those games to get something that's worth about 250 coins just didn't feel worth it. Sure, some stuff like Earthbound, NES Remix, Game & Wario, & DKCR 3D were decent, but still, why would you offer a $5 NES game as a reward only for Platinum. Plus a good amount of people probably already got those games to get the coins needed for Elite Status. The only game that I wanted but didn't have was DKCR 3D, & I only got that because I felt it was the best value.

Now watch as NES Remix 2 is one of the rewards. Would be kind of amazing if Ultimate NES Remix was one, but I doubt it...though downloading it directly via eShop seems to be the only way to get the Famicom Theme now. Wish Nintendo would just put it up for sale.

corn_fest

gold reward predictions

Mario Bros. Alarm Clock (DSiWare)
Animal Crossing Alarm Clock (DSiWare)
Maboshi's Arcade (WiiWare)
Exclusive Desk Calendar Screensaver

i-Jest

Yoshi's New Island or Mario Kart 7? Decisions. Decisions.

Rewards are lacking but I guess I should have expected that. Although I was really hoping Club Nintendo would go out guns blazing. Eshop credit, your choice of games from the Eshop, desirable physical rewards, etc.

RIP Club Nintendo. I will remember you for the awrsome program you were and not the lack luster one you became.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I own literally every one of the Platinum rewards except Mario Party Island Tour which I have next to no interest in. Hmm. Maybe I'll buy Mario Golf digitally so I always have it available.

Top Bottom