• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Experien

Laziness has nothing to do with this per se.

Site has been down all day. This isnt a last minute issue. The deadline was midnight tonight. That was their promise. The reasons why some had to wait until today is irrelevant.

I mentioned forgot too...I forgot I had three codes left. The site might've been down all day on the last day but the month leading up to it, it has been fine. And I hesitate to say the site was down today cause I had no problem strolling in and dabbing Golden Sun with zero problems.

DooD1234

so why did you guys all wait to do this at the last minute
It not that I waited last minute, it just so happens that I had a few codes I found laying about last minute. I got all the games I wanted a long time ago along with Mewtwo and Platinum status. I just figure I register them and grab whatever random game that seem interesting but CN is dying so I'm just forgetting about registering them at this point.

Javier

Going through this thread reminds of that Simpsons episode where everyone waited until the last day to do their taxes.

"Would you look at those people... I already reached Platinum LAST year!"

Stoze

Maybe they'll have a heart and extend the deadline, but I fucked up and should've done this earlier in the week so whatever. Not sure if I'd be able to hit platinum, but I would like more coins to buy a couple VC or eShop games.

donny2112

so why did you guys all wait to do this at the last minute

Remember a news story of this one place that intentionally did not apply the Y2K fix to a computer just to see what happened. Think people waiting until the last minute with CN are sort of doing the same thing. They just want to see what happens. :eek:)

Games that I register isn't showing up in my to-do list. I'm missing over 100+ coins. I receive my first Platinum but at the end of the program. :-(

Long story short, I wound up with 2 of these and I already registered the game. Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480757.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney NA CN code -- MB-52B8E4EACE9F6A57 - Taken by Bowl0l. 9 entrants total.

t1427866551z1.png

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I just found three games i hadn't registered... and I -know- I have a sealed copy of Style Savvy SOMEWHERE in the house. No clue where... I never DID give it to my niece, so it would be nice to register it.

I think I'll be out 40 coins. Grrr....

Edit: Plus the 20-40 coins for each unregistered title. Double grrr.

Oh thank god.

I tried not to be tardy, and registered 12 games last Tuesday. I completely forgot all post-play surveys come out exactly a week later.

After many hours of struggling here, I now have 800 coins.

And now to decided... Majora's Mask puzzle or bag?

Drago

I have enough coins for Doc Louis Punch Out but have 120 left over. Oh well, I'm just glad I'll be able to afford the one game there that is actually Club Nintendo exclusive (and Grill Out I guess, which I already have)

Kinda looking forward to whatever the platinum reward is. Probably something I already have.

Decided to try and put in the coin codes I have, I mean hardly anyone is able to get through, may as well use them myself.

Managed to get in M&L Dream Team for 40 coins, trying now to get Weegee in. But damn it it keeps booting me out, I know, how unlikely such an occurrence! XD

Man I have the code in, but I just can't get the survey completed. I'll be done once that happens. I hope I can pull it off in the next hour.

HUELEN10

Incredible, 400 coins worth of surveys there, and I can't do a single one.

It's not like I haven't tried on earlier days when I've gotten the chance either. I need platinum, God knows I've earned it.

grimm_shado

Unconfirmed Member
This couldn't be more typical of Nintendo and a website that they run.

I remember their website and store page especially being practically useless, even in the 90's (yes, the Internet sucked back then, but Nintendo's website was by far the worst).

That's part of what put me off from entering my codes until the last minute (well that and I thought the last day was April 31st, whoops!), I just didn't want to deal with their shit website that's always given me problems. I remember having problems a couple months ago when I was entering codes... At least I was able to push through that and get a copy of Paper Mario: Sticker Star, but it was almost not worth the effort.

They just can't change.

All I want is the Doc Luis Punch-Out thing, since you can't buy it. It would be nice to get a few other games, but I don't know if the effort of dealing with typing in codes and clicking through surveys would even be worth it vs. just buying the games that I want.

I guess it doesn't matter either way, since in the past three hours I've only managed to complete one survey. Granted I've only tried intermittently, but this is ridiculous.

There's an hour left on this thing, so I give up.

Boney

Banned
Got through with my 2ds survey. Thank god!

The system robbed me my smash 3ds code, says it's registered but it's never been on my to do list. Still those 40 coins would've been worthless.

Idiot me has a few expired things as well.

I guess that's it for me. A vc game and new remix, plus at least I reached gold

This couldn't be more typical of Nintendo, and a website that they run.

I remember their website, and store page especially being practically useless even in the 90s (yes, the Internet sucked back then, but Nintendo's website was by far the worst).

They just can't change.

All I want is the Doc Luis Punch-Out thing, since you can't buy it. It would be nice to get a few other games, but I don't know if the effort of dealing with typing in codes and clicking through surveys would even be worth the effort vs just buying the games that I want.

I guess it doesn't matter either way, since in the past three hours I've only managed to complete one survey. Granted I've only tried intermittently, but this is ridiculous.

you know you have until 30 june to actually use your coins, todays just the last day to register and get new ones

so if you have enough coins to get it, just wait, you'll still be able to get it

grimm_shado

Unconfirmed Member
you know you have until 30 june to actually use your coins, todays just the last day to register and get new ones

so if you have enough coins to get it, just wait, you'll still be able to get it

I don't have enough coins. :(

I have either 20 or 50 coins depending on whether or not that one survey actually went through.

I wish they would just extend the deadline, but this is Nintendo, one of the most tone-deaf organizations on earth.

They've only ever listened to their fan-base like what? Once in the past 20 years?

donny2112

They should've knowingly beefed up the back end for the last week.

Throwing money after a sinking ship isn't the best idea. Club Nintendo is on its way out. Better for them to just ride out with the infrastructure that they had instead of pouring money into it at the last minute that they somehow couldn't pour into it in the last six years.

LiK

Fuck this, I give up. I keep getting the "Whoops" msg after the thank you msg from survey. Hopefully it's going through if not, whatever. Nintendo should extend this for another few days.

eggwolio

I think that the best thing they could do at this point is cut off registrations but allow everyone to complete the surveys remaining on their account. That's unlikely, but would be great.

HUELEN10

Yeah, I've been at this for multiple days, and today, nearly 7 hours straight. I've been platinum for every single year, and bought and registered these systems day one; I'll call tomorrow to make sure they take care of me. That's the one good thing about NOA, they take care of you. One time, I never received my platinum prize, so they sent me a replacement. Another time, they helped me register codes over the phone. If you do your part, they usually take care of you.

Roo

FUCK YES!!!
Managed to register Mario & Sonic at The Olympic Games after half an hour of trying!!
Phew! there goes my last game. Feels good :D

grimm_shado

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've been at this for multiple days, and today, nearly 7 hours straight. I've been platinum for every single year, and bought and registered these systems day one; I'll call tomorrow to make sure they take care of me. That's the one good thing about NOA, they take care of you. One time, I never received my platinum prize, so they sent me a replacement. Another time, they helped me register codes over the phone. If you do your part, they usually take care of you.

Having to go through the hassle of calling and complaining to customer service as a constant work-around for their inability to have stable technology in place, so as not to waste their customers' time is hardly what I would call "taking care" of anyone.

Nintendo is so obnoxiously bad at technology that I just don't know what to say anymore.

fernoca

The site was quite good over the past weeks, but got worse as March 31st approached.

Will be even more hammered when the rewards are posted again, so no surprises.

Velcro Fly

This couldn't be more typical of Nintendo and a website that they run.

I remember their website and store page especially being practically useless, even in the 90's (yes, the Internet sucked back then, but Nintendo's website was by far the worst).

That's part of what put me off from entering my codes until the last minute (well that and I thought the last day was April 31st, whoops!), I just didn't want to deal with their shit website that's always given me problems. I remember having problems a couple months ago when I was entering codes... At least I was able to push through that and get a copy of Paper Mario: Sticker Star, but it was almost not worth the effort.

They just can't change.

All I want is the Doc Luis Punch-Out thing, since you can't buy it. It would be nice to get a few other games, but I don't know if the effort of dealing with typing in codes and clicking through surveys would even be worth it vs. just buying the games that I want.

had since the middle of january to do this

whines at nintendo because their site is getting pounded by people that similarly waited until the last minute

after the reward catalog came up and the site was hammered for days everyone should have known to just get stuff done safely ahead of time.

grimm_shado

Unconfirmed Member
had since the middle of january to do this

whines at nintendo because their site is getting pounded by people that similarly waited until the last minute

after the reward catalog came up and the site was hammered for days everyone should have known to just get stuff done safely ahead of time.

That's not the point though.

Look at Amazon. After the first year of their Black Friday sales, they got the infrastructure in place so their website wouldn't fall apart again.

I guarantee there are not nearly as many people hitting the Club Nintendo site as there would be non-stop ravenous Black Friday shoppers going to Amazon's website.

And I know they're two completely separate things, and obviously Amazon's website is far more important to them than Nintendo's website is to Nintendo, but come on. It's inexcusable and has been for years.

Roo

Having to go through the hassle of calling and complaining to customer service as a constant work-around for their inability to have stable technology in place, so as not to waste their customers' time is hardly what I would call "taking care" of anyone.

Nintendo is so obnoxiously bad at technology that I just don't know what to say anymore.

People had over two months to register their stuff.
Granted, the first few weeks were shit because everyone rushed to register games, consoles, etc but after than things settled down to normal levels again

People waiting until the very last day for whatever reason to register their shit is hardly Nintendo's fault

The site does have problems. I registered my last game one week ago, so I didn't have to go through what people in this thread did. I stopped at exactly 1000 coins, and the website can't even display that info correctly!

I'm excited for the Elite rewards, but I will be careful when trying to claim those. I'll be looking to see if people are having problems before I make the plunge.

Top Bottom