• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

vgamer1

Yeah, that's my big disappointment.
I pretty much only ever picked physical rewards from Club Nintendo.

Only offering digital rewards seems like kind of an appropriate way to end though - not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Yeah, this was known since they announced the ending of CN.

Kinda sucks, but makes sense with how long it would take the other plat/gold physical awards to arrive.

Glix

I keep getting the page saying "there was an error with your order but your coins are safe with Wario" when I try and redeem my plat game.

Is this because the website is run by lifeless amiibos or because I used two WiiMini codes a few months ago?

Megatron

Has anyone who couldn't get surveys through yesterday called Nintendo? I have a bunch of games registered but couldn't take the surveys which is how you get the points. I wonder if they can give me the coins since it was a screw up on their end. I'm already platinum, so that won't need to change.

I keep getting the page saying "there was an error with your order but your coins are safe with Wario" when I try and redeem my plat game.

Is this because the website is run by lifeless amiibos or because I used two WiiMini codes a few months ago?

Lifeless Amiibos.

terrisus

Yeah, this was known since they announced the ending of CN.

Kinda sucks, but makes sense with how long it would take the other plat/gold physical awards to arrive.

Didn't say it wasn't known/expected/"makes sense" (although, who cares about how long it takes to arrive? They still were accepting orders for other physical items. But nonetheless, I didn't say that regardless).

Just that it's disappointing.

Fox Mulder

Yeah, that's my big disappointment.
I pretty much only ever picked physical rewards from Club Nintendo.

Only offering digital rewards seems like kind of an appropriate way to end though - not with a bang, but with a whimper.

digital stuff is just lame considering the amount of money you are spending for platinum. I already have everything they're offering for the wiiu.

NEO0MJ

I have a Tropical Freeze code for $59.99 if you're interested

image.php

"Please buy it from me"

Trike

wGIRRIw.png

Oh god, how did I get here. I am not good with computer. I've never been good with computer.

my whole life is a fucking lie

Megatron

digital stuff is just lame considering the amount of money you are spending for platinum. I already have everything they're offering for the wiiu.

Completely disagree. We're talking about games (which are the things we all love) that retail from $30-60 that we get for free. I will take that over their normal physical rewards like posters, calendars, game cases, system pouches and the messenger bag, things you could expect to find at any Walmart or gamestop for $10 or less. Being able to get full priced retail games for free is much better IMO.

BorntoPlay

I dont know this is the right place, but i want to trade one platinum game for three gold games, if you are interested please PM me....

So I'm thinking of trading my Tropical Freeze in for $19 and then buying captain toad for $25. I got tropical freeze for $40 including tax, so I'd only lose 20 bucks and end up paying 45 for both in the long run...

The only thing I'm hesitant about is the physical copy... Thoughts?

Edzi

I might as well ask here as well:

Does anyone here still have coins and want trade codes for a Gold/Platinum game? I'd be willing to swap for Kid Icarus Uprising/Star Fox 64 3D.

Megatron

Has anyone who couldn't get surveys through yesterday called Nintendo? I have a bunch of games registered but couldn't take the surveys which is how you get the points. I wonder if they can give me the coins since it was a screw up on their end. I'm already platinum, so that won't need to change.

As an update, I called in and got my coins. Well, most of them. He said they were supposed to limit it to 5. He gave me coins for all my new game registrations but not my post play surveys. 5 WiiU games and 2 DS gave me 390 coins, added to my existing 360 brings me to 750. I would have had 800 and was thinking of getting DKCR and yoshi's island. But 750 coins changes things. I could get one 3ds games or 3 VC games.

Today's news about n64 games coming to WiiU changes things some what. Now I am thinking of getting n64 games and transferring them over. So now I am thinking Mario 64 for sure and two of the following:
FZero 64
Mario Tennis
Yoshi's island (even though this isn't an n64 game)

Thoughts? Is FZero good?

donny2112

Thoughts? Is FZero good?

I did not like F-Zero X. Never could get the hang of staying on the pipes well enough. This was after loving, loving, loving the SNES F-Zero, too. 1080 was great fun (will echo that the GCN Avalanche was better with the music, though) and Yoshi's Island is a great game, too. Mario Tennis just gets repetitive and really annoying at the higher difficulties. It's also not an RPG, if that was weighing on your decision.

Megatron

Thoughts? Is FZero good?

Uhh YES, probably the best of the three games you've named.

I did not like F-Zero X. Never could get the hang of staying on the pipes well enough.
I love you Gaf. Lol.

I really loved Mario Tennis when it was new, but not sure it will hold up now. Part of that way playing it in my dorms. It was miles better than the GCN version. I may get it out of nostalgia. Not sure. 1080 I remember liking and looks good on the videos I've seen.

I've got 200 coins left if anyone wants me to redeem a code, just PM me.

I'd like to get Mario 64 for 250, but that looks like its not happening. I was gonna take advantage of that $2 upgrade price.

If you were a Platinum member, can you get a game that's Platinum-only and a game that's Gold/Platinum? I think that's how it was for last year.

When going into the Order Inquiry, does anyone else see that it's empty now? As in, "You have no order inquiries"? When I check my coin history, I can see that coins were deducted for the final physical rewards though. Hopefully it's just a glitch.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
As an update, I called in and got my coins. Well, most of them. He said they were supposed to limit it to 5. He gave me coins for all my new game registrations but not my post play surveys. 5 WiiU games and 2 DS gave me 390 coins, added to my existing 360 brings me to 750. I would have had 800 and was thinking of getting DKCR and yoshi's island. But 750 coins changes things. I could get one 3ds games or 3 VC games.

Today's news about n64 games coming to WiiU changes things some what. Now I am thinking of getting n64 games and transferring them over. So now I am thinking Mario 64 for sure and two of the following:
FZero 64
Mario Tennis
Yoshi's island (even though this isn't an n64 game)

Thoughts? Is FZero good?

F-Zero X holds up well gameplay-wise, runs at 60 FPS which helps, but it's not much of a looker. If you liked GX you would probably like X, a number of people still consider it to be the best game in the series. (Paging Madao)

theexxs

Neo Member
Finally! I was able to redeem DCK: TF today, and I got today and Friday off work, so I can enjoy the game!

Now, I don't know If I should get TW101 right now, or wait a little bit more... That $2 upgrade for Mario 64 and Paper Mario seems too tempting too!

90sRobots

Yeesh CN's servers have been dogshit since their closing announcement. Still getting SORRY pages and the site telling me I'm not eligible to redeem my platinum gift.

maxcriden

Psst, want to buy--

Club Nintendo GOLD Gift

QxCcMK2cIUcLLN8WlnxuvpD-2PsCDcC-.png
JgWK2dSa2XYSLNrKzH_gfXR6qLWmCLFf.png

specifically the Zelda Oracle games

looking to pay under MSRP for these--they're normally $6 a pop

How's the Wii U port of Yoshi's Island GBA? Is the downgrade from the snes version big?

I like it better. Opinions vary on the sound effects but I like 'em. Music might be a bit tinnier. Also, there are new extra levels.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just echoing the fact that if you get Ultimate NES Remix, I'm greatly interested in the Famicom Theme code that comes with it. I can even cover the cost of a normal theme is ($2) if desired.

Edzi

Just echoing the fact that if you get Ultimate NES Remix, I'm greatly interested in the Famicom Theme code that comes with it. I can even cover the cost of a normal theme is ($2) if desired.

It still comes with the theme? For sure?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It still comes with the theme? For sure?
Pretty sure. I checked the eShop & it says you have until Dec. 2015 to get it. I would assume redeeming download code = you still get the theme as well since it's on the receipt (I think).

Edzi

Pretty sure. I checked the eShop & it says you have until Dec. 2015 to get it. I would assume redeeming download code = you still get the theme as well since it's on the receipt (I think).

Hm, in that case maybe I'll just go for that. Nobody seems interested in trading anymore.

Top Bottom