• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Roo

FS:
Asus 1005HA WinXP NetBook - Bought a few years back for my sister. It did not get much use so it is in fairly good condition(8-9). $100
20150318_181344_LLS.jpg

20150318_181805_LLS.jpg

Steam:
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell - $9
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/301910/?snr=1_7_15__13

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs $8

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239200/
I'll trade it for a CN F-Zero code :)

Busaiku

Gah, I dunno why I didn't redeem Grill Off With Ultra Hand earlier.
Now I'm gonna have these 80 coins just sticking around...

Zeeman

Trying to decide what to do with my 300 coins. Leaning towards either getting Harmoknight, or grabbing Mario 64. Or (long shot) if anyone wants to trade Concentration Training or NES Remix 2 for a 300 coin game, let me know.

Zodzilla

I've got 165 left and am torn between Super Mario Land and SML2 6 Golden Coins.

I grew up with a gameboy and SML, so the music is so engrained in my head. I remember the game being kind of good, but have never played SML2, which seems to suffer from having annoying huge sprites on a tiny gameboy screen (a common issue at the time).

What should I do, Gaf?

I've got 165 left and am torn between Super Mario Land and SML2 6 Golden Coins.

I grew up with a gameboy and SML, so the music is so engrained in my head. I remember the game being kind of good, but have never played SML2, which seems to suffer from having annoying huge sprites on a tiny gameboy screen (a common issue at the time).

What should I do, Gaf?

SML 2. Purely for the fact that you've never played it. Enjoy!

zroid

Banned
I finally logged into Club N to claim my Animal Crossing code, figuring the site would load quickly now (lol no). But when I saw the list of rewards, I started being indecisive again about if I should get Yoshi's New Island instead. Dammit! Maybe I should just let a RNG decide.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, Yoshi is pretty fun after all! It's not a classic in any way and the music is pretty terrible, but the graphics look great in 3D and the level design is often very good. It's been a while since I played YI DS, but I think this one is way better.

It feels like a somewhat half-assed expansion pack to the original Yoshi's Island, but considering how incredible YI is, it's still worth playing. For free, it's well worth trying.

Hey, Yoshi is pretty fun after all! It's not a classic in any way and the music is pretty terrible, but the graphics look great in 3D and the level design is often very good. It's been a while since I played YI DS, but I think this one is way better.

It feels like a somewhat half-assed expansion pack to the original Yoshi's Island, but considering how incredible YI is, it's still worth playing. For free, it's well worth trying.

YNI is definitely quite good so far, oh yeah it's rehashy and quite a number of tracks are terrible (you all know one particular one :p).

But, it's still definitely fun, and I gotta say, the world map theme in World 1 so far is really catchy, so there's definitely hope for the soundtrack yet! XD

For free, I highly recommend it!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I didn't mind YI DS, although I know it was hated by many. I didn't bother to 100% it though. Yoshi's New Island was actually good enough to in terms of platforming for its later half that I did go through and complete it entirely. Ready I thought it was a good platformer, but it can't be understated how terrible the music is.

bumpkin

I didn't mind YI DS, although I know it was hated by many. I didn't bother to 100% it though. Yoshi's New Island was actually good enough to in terms of platforming for its later half that I did go through and complete it entirely. Ready I thought it was a good platformer, but it can't be understated how terrible the music is.
Agreed on all points. The soundtrack is far and away the biggest blemish on the game. The level design is pretty good, it's of a decent length and it's relatively challenging if you aim to collect all the red coins and the little star men (no idea what they're called). The game is by no means terrible, it's just flawed.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking about picking Ultimate NES Remix as my Platinum gift. I own a physical copy already, but I always felt like it'd serve me better digitally since it's one of those quick play for a few mins here and there kinds of games.

Is the process of transferring your game save from a physical copy to a digital copy difficult?

rSpooky

I have 40 coins left, I guess nothing to buy with that?
I keep seeing people asking for coin.. how can I transfer that? and who needs them?

Let me know ..

i-Jest

I have 40 coins left, I guess nothing to buy with that?
I keep seeing people asking for coin.. how can I transfer that? and who needs them?

Let me know ..

I maybe mistaken but I don't think you can transfer coins between individual accounts. If I'm wrong I'd like to take your coins.

Miker

Is there any remaining use for coins? I have a copy of Rhythm Heaven Fever incoming and I have absolutely zero use for the coins, and I'd like to give them away if there's demand.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How many coins do you still have? You can't redeem codes for coins anymore, but you can still use the coins for rewards.

hazukash

I have 60 coins just sitting in my account after getting LoZ NES for the 3DS. I can't even afford Grill Off. It's painful. I wish I had enough coins for Super Mario Land 2 : 6 Golden Coins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Something something no OSTs in the US.

It has the endings/credits tune from stuff like Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, F-Zero, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64 3D, Yoshi's Story, Super Metroid, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Majora's Mask 3D, New Leaf, NES Remix, & more.

I hate the fact eBay prices are so high for stuff like this....

No joke, I would've taken the full OST for Mario Kart 8 (especially since it has the DLC tracks) over a free downloadable Wii U title.

I believe my messenger bag was shipped out today. Got an e-mail saying something was shipped but it didn't specify what. Since that's all I ordered, I'm guessing that's it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awww. That's sweet. It's just plain stupid you can't buy stuff like that legitimately.
I think it's also stupid we can't get this kind of stuff in the US. I probably would've spent a good amount of coins on OSTs to keep in my car.

Or heck, this actually is a great idea for a final reward, because it's a collection of music from the ending credits of different games for the end of Club Nintendo. In other words, a fitting end.

...I'm also starting to doubt Nintendo will be nice & acknowledge the members who got Platinum every year. Maybe they figured too many people actually managed to get 7 years of Platinum & it wasn't in their budget or something....

randomkid

woohoo, with my last games redeemed (and 5 coins left) I am done with that god-forsaken website forever!

because I feel the need to obsessively catalog everything and the Coins & Status tab is right there, here are my final stats:

Coins Earned: 2205
Surveys Completed: 99
Platinums Earned: 3
Golds Earned: 1
Amount of Money Spent: $985 (on 30 games, a 3DS XL and a Wii U)
Free Games Earned: 12
Physical Goods Earned: 2 (playing cards and Yoshi cloth (expiring coins:((())
Money Earned: $50 ($30 eShop credit and $20 for selling a Plat reward this year).

Because I only bought things I wanted to play when I wanted to play them (rather than buying things to earn coins like a crazy person) my only cost over the last almost 3 years was survey completion time, so around 99 minutes of my life. Was also able to get Wind Waker HD for $12 and Game & Wario for $10 thanks to other people selling their codes, which would not have happened if not for Club Nintendo.

Really doubt the next registration program Nintendo has will give me all of these things in less than 3 years so that was a pretty good run.

thanks for reading this livejournal post everyone!!! peace out nintendo, catch you on the flip side with the real account system everyone wants hopefully~

Woo! Site was relatively cooperative today so I redeemed 2 copies of Earthbound (which is now back in stock :p). Will keep one for myself and give one to a friend. Still need to decide on an Elite reward.

Top Bottom