• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

i-Jest

Not sure what to do with my 300 coins. I don't have many of the games, but played most of them as a kid when they were new. Don't have a wii u, just a wii and 3ds. Anyone have suggestions?

You can just pick something and be done with it. You could always gift someone a game of their choice ;)

Lum1n3s

So uhhhhh... I got my account suspended for the Wii Mini debacle and couldn't get my account back which sucked a ton. Before that though I had ordered the Smash Bros V2 poster which I actually ended up getting today. Ummmmm thanks Nintendo? Didn't think I was getting it because of what happened.

Roo

So uhhhhh... I got my account suspended for the Wii Mini debacle and couldn't get my account back which sucked a ton. Before that though I had ordered the Smash Bros V2 poster which I actually ended up getting today. Ummmmm thanks Nintendo? Didn't think I was getting it because of what happened.
They probably shipped it before they suspended your account.

dave_d

So anybody get their Zelda 3ds pouch yet? Just wonder what it really looks like since it's a sample design. Wait a sec, 3-5 months for delivery? Have they even started making them or is it really in that high demand?

I didn't get points from the last couple VC games I purchased because Nintendo's site was crashing and they took forever to get added to my account. Nintendo basically sent me a form letter saying "Sucks for you, too late". I'm glad this crappy website is closing down. I kinda wanted to get Kid Icarus 3DS so I can install in on my secondary 3DS so I don't have to worry about scratching the screen. Oh well...

So anybody get their Zelda 3ds pouch yet? Just wonder what it really looks like since it's a sample design. Wait a sec, 3-5 months for delivery? Have they even started making them or is it really in that high demand?

I tried asking the same thing a while back. No word on my order either.

LQX

Fuck me for getting that messenger bag. It is so damn thin I bet it was mailed folded in a small padded envelope. Hopefully the puzzle set is not crap.

hazukash

I had planned to order the bag and use it for school, but the black on black design put me off. I'm glad I ordered the jigsaw puzzle instead. Hopefully it's not paper thin.

Fuck me for getting that messenger bag. It is so damn thin I bet it was mailed folded in a small padded envelope. Hopefully the puzzle set is not crap.

Got mine yesterday. It was, indeed, sent in a little pouch envelope. It folds out into a decent size, but it was definitely a messenger bag and not something bigger. The gold on black makes the design slightly harder to see than I'd like but, eh, I'd rather have this than posters I'll never hang or a puzzle.

Got codes for NES Remix 1 and Wii Party U that I'd be willing to trade for someones coin or gold/platinum games. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Kriken

Welp, it happened again

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/45238.do

CB7KJjKUEAADtdK.png:large

Ihaa

Neo Member
Hey guys, I want to register a couple of extra games to get the rewards but I cannot find were to register products anymore. Did nintendo remove that option?

Roo

Hey guys, I want to register a couple of extra games to get the rewards but I cannot find were to register products anymore. Did nintendo remove that option?
March 31 was the last day to register games.
I'm afraid you're too late to the party.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
This is maybe a strange request but is there someone who has 250 coins left who only wants something that's 200? I have 200 left but I really want Mario 64. If anyone would be interested in trading a 200 point game plus a buck or two for a Mario 64 code I'd be thrilled.

Roo

This is maybe a strange request but is there someone who has 250 coins left who only wants something that's 200? I have 200 left but I really want Mario 64. If anyone would be interested in trading a 200 point game plus a buck or two for a Mario 64 code I'd be thrilled.
I'm currently out of town and I won't be back until Saturday but if no one responds to your request by then send me a PM. I'll help you.

Regarding Yoshi's New Island - I had heard a lot of complaints about the game, and the graphics looked kinda ugly in all the still shots I had seen online, but I decided to take a chance on it and picked up the cart the other day. (I used my Plat reward on Tropical Freeze).

I have to say the game is very beautiful when viewed in 3D. I'm playing on a New 3DSXL and I was very pleasantly surprised at how pretty and 3 dimensional everything is. I've only finished the first 5 or so levels so I can't comment on gameplay too much but so far I'm enjoying it and it seems perfectly fine. I already like it better than YI DS, at any rate. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents since I know others are considering redeeming for this game.

Anybody have 200 coins but only plan to get a 150 coin game (doubtful) ? Im trying to use the last of my coins to get warioland 2 for my lady but I only have 150 coins left ? Anybody?

Uh...are you guys actually getting in and being able to claim rewards now?

Ever since the deadline to register games was up, all I keep getting is "down for maintenance" page when I try to go to the site.

NoRéN

Uh...are you guys actually getting in and being able to claim rewards now?

Ever since the deadline to register games was up, all I keep getting is "down for maintenance" page when I try to go to the site.

Yesterday was the fastest I've been able to log in and redeem stuff.

Clear cookies. Log in through the rewards page.

Boney

Banned
I'm torn on what to spend my last remaining 200 coins. Already cashed in NES Remix.
How is the Yoshi island GBA port and how does it play on the Wii u? I have the ambassador edition but it's an unplayable blurry mess. Is this version better? I love Yoshi island.

I was eyeing super Metroid which I already own in Wii mode, but hey, it's super Metroid. And I was kinda interested in Mario world as well, it's not my favourite Mario (even though it was my first one) but it's still super fun.

I'm open to other recommendations though!

I wish I ended at 250 and would've gotten earthbound :(

This been posted yet? People trying to redeem Earthbound with their coins now get a "sold old" message, from Patrick Klepek and Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/if-you-wanted-to-grab-digital-code-for-a-copy-of-earthb-1696032072

Digital Copies Of Earthbound Have Somehow 'Sold Out' On Club Nintendo

-Patrick Klepek

If you wanted to grab digital code for a copy of Earthbound with your expiring Club Nintendo points, you’re out of luck. For whatever reason, the game is currently “sold out.”

Earthbound is still listed as an option, but when you click over to the page...

How is it possible for a digital game to be “sold out”? Isn’t that the magic of modern gaming, that we’ve transcended the limitations of physical objects?

If you want F-Zero, for example, there are no problems. No “sold out” sign to be found. Huh.

As far as I can tell, Earthbound is the only game that is currently “sold out.” It’s possible Nintendo simply needs to dump more codes into the system, and it’ll become available again.

Nairume

Banned
It's happened before. Just means that they've run through all the codes that they generated for the reward and haven't gotten around to generating more yet.

I'm torn on what to spend my last remaining 200 coins. Already cashed in NES Remix.
How is the Yoshi island GBA port and how does it play on the Wii u? I have the ambassador edition but it's an unplayable blurry mess. Is this version better? I love Yoshi island.
The sound is kinda junky at times (Baby Mario is less annoying though :V), but it's a serviceable port and they probably aren't going to bother with the SNES version.

It's happened before. Just means that they've run through all the codes that they generated for the reward and haven't gotten around to generating more yet.

Makes sense, the article even guesses that may be the cause but thought I'd post it just in case so folks have a heads up.

Fox Mulder

I love yoshis island too, which is why I won't buy a lower quality gba port.

Nintendo just doesn't think it's cost effective to put in the legal or design effort for the two games that matter using the FX chip.

I own the GBA cart for Yoshi's Island and aside from a few sound issues and the animation for the Touch Fuzzy sequence being wonky, if you can look past those minor issues, it's one of the best GBA ports out there. The brand new GBA exclusive levels that unlock after you finish the game are top notch and make the GBA port worth owning by themselves.

Like you, I don't care for the Ambassador copy due to it looking blurry on the 3DS screen (unless you boot it into its native aspect ratio but that basically makes it GB Micro sized). I don't own the Wii U VC version so someone else will need to elaborate, but I'm sure that it looks ace thanks to M2's excellent emulation and screen filtering options. I'm not going to use my coins on it, but I'm very tempted to get the Wii U VC version, wouldn't mind getting a perfect file for the third time. ^__^

Anyone ask if they're gonna restock earthbound?

Maybe someone here could call the customer service line and let them know.

I love yoshis island too, which is why I won't buy a lower quality gba port.

Nintendo just doesn't think it's cost effective to put in the legal or design effort for the two games that matter using the FX chip.

Some sound issues and a few FX differences aside, overall Yoshi's Island Advance still looks great and plays very well on GBA and is one of the better GBA ports out there. And as I said to Boney, anyone skipping the GBA port due to focusing on those relatively minor issues is missing out on the six GBA exclusive levels which are top notch. I don't blame folks for being mad at Nintendo for not sorting out SFX chip games on VC, but that doesn't mean the GBA port is an outright bad option. However if a person feels that strongly, then they should just stick with the SNES carts. I still keep my SNES hooked up to my TV when needed (with s-video on my plasma, looks great).

Fox Mulder

I've got a snes with a 29 inch pvm, so I can be picky.

Still, it would be great to have the proper version, as I like to play on my couch sometimes. I gladly bought the dkc trilogy they recently put up even though it gets plenty of time in my snes.

Ocaso

Figure this is worth asking in case any kind soul out there is interested: I really wanted Doc Louis' Punch Out but was unable to get to the extra 250 Is needed this year. I know it's short, but I loved Wii Punch Out and an extra challenger that can't be purchased sounds like fun. As far as Club Nintendo rewards all I can get to trade is Grill Off (which I know most people hate), but if anyone is interested in that trade then I'll happily oblige.

Nairume

Banned
Weird thing is that they went through the trouble of getting SDD1 emulation working just for Street Fighter Alpha 2.

It could legitimately be a case similar to Harvest Moon 64 where there's just enough issues with emulating Super FX games to where they're holding back on selling them.

Friend of mine received his Majora's Mask bag already. I saw it briefly on his snapchat, but he went to bed already. Will try to provide pics tomorrow.

Looked pretty decent though from the brief second i saw it lol.

hazukash

Regarding Yoshi's New Island - I had heard a lot of complaints about the game, and the graphics looked kinda ugly in all the still shots I had seen online, but I decided to take a chance on it and picked up the cart the other day. (I used my Plat reward on Tropical Freeze).

I have to say the game is very beautiful when viewed in 3D. I'm playing on a New 3DSXL and I was very pleasantly surprised at how pretty and 3 dimensional everything is. I've only finished the first 5 or so levels so I can't comment on gameplay too much but so far I'm enjoying it and it seems perfectly fine. I already like it better than YI DS, at any rate. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents since I know others are considering redeeming for this game.

I think you pushed me over the edge. Just the fact it's better than YI DS makes me feel slightly better about getting New Island as my reward. YI DS was the dreadful bane of my existence when I played it.

Velcro Fly

YNI was fun. It was easy in spots and frustrating in others. I felt for 100% it too often relied on hidden clouds but by the 2nd world you should know where to look for them.

I felt some boss fights were really good and that the final world is where the game really shines in terms of level design.

I got it free last summer when Best Buy did a BOGO and don't regret it.

Top Bottom