• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Drago

Got off my ass and redeemed Doc Louis Punch Out and Ultimate NES Remix before the server slamdown on the last day of April. Pretty poor Platinum selection for me but Ultimate NES Remix ain't a bad game. Either that or Mario Party, the choice was easy. :p

I'm so glad I was able to get Doc Louis. I didn't choose it all the way back in 09 and that choice has paid off today. Now or never with that one, literally, I don't think we'll ever see it again once Club Nintendo is over.

Now I have 120 coins rotting. I guess I may as well give away a copy of Grill Off since there's literally nothing else I'm able to redeem. I know it's probably the most lackluster giveaway ever but bah.

First to quote gets Grill Off.

jph139

Got off my ass and redeemed Doc Louis Punch Out and Ultimate NES Remix before the server slamdown on the last day of April. Pretty poor Platinum selection for me but Ultimate NES Remix ain't a bad game. Either that or Mario Party, the choice was easy. :p

I'm so glad I was able to get Doc Louis. I didn't choose it all the way back in 09 and that choice has paid off today. Now or never with that one, literally, I don't think we'll ever see it again once Club Nintendo is over.

Now I have 120 coins rotting. I guess I may as well give away a copy of Grill Off since there's literally nothing else I'm able to redeem. I know it's probably the most lackluster giveaway ever but bah.

First to quote gets Grill Off.

I would legitimately love a copy of Grill Off - I ended up barely too short to get my own. It's a part of Nintendo history! A tiny, crappy part. But still a part!

Bowl0l

Just redeemed my Platinum gift and used my 300 CN points.
Nintendo should have released an SKU which allows 3.5" HDD swap.
I don't want my bulky HDD hanging around.

Btw, any recommendation for HDD size for me who only downloads Nintendo 1st party WiiU games? Is 1TB enough?

Ondore

Aside from the Bayonettas, Lego City Undercover and Xenoblade X, Nintendo games tend to be on the low side. 500GB should be fine.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Has anyone NOT redeemed their rewards yet? I have a Gold reward I haven't redeemed yet, but Mario Golf 3DS is Plat only. Anyone thinking of selling their code?

wilflare

if anyone still got plenty of coins but nothing they want, please tell me
I'm trying to get every single digital reward

no idea why my collection bug bit me here T_T

if we're all doing the bartering stuff right now, I'll throw my hat in the ring

I have like 700 coins, so if someone who hasn't redeemed their plat reward wants Game & Wario or Wonderful 101 or something, I'd be interested in Tropical Freeze in exchange for that.

antibolo

Banned
Do we have until end of June to pick coin rewards? I still haven't decided yet. Have 710 coins and nothing really interests me (or I have it already).

I picked Animal Crossing as my Platinum gift. Never cared about Animal Crossing but I guess trying it for free wouldn't hurt.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Just found out that Mario Golf doesn't have download play right as I was about to select it as my platinum reward, thereby making it useless to me. Anyone still looking to trade for a platinum reward? At this point I'd much rather have Mario 3D Land.

zroid

Banned
Just found out that Mario Golf doesn't have download play right as I was about to select it as my platinum reward, thereby making it useless to me. Anyone still looking to trade for a platinum reward? At this point I'd much rather have Mario 3D Land.

why do you even need download play for a golf game, lol

can't you just pass the 3DS around? (I don't actually know if the game supports that, just seems logical)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
why do you even need download play for a golf game, lol

can't you just pass the 3DS around? (I don't actually know if the game supports that, just seems logical)
I'm not sure if you can, but I'm not trusting anybody with my MM N3DS. It's my baby. XD

I'll need to get a hard drive in order to download Tropical Freeze which is an 11 GB but I won't be getting a HD for at least a week until my budget loosens up a bit. As long as I redeem the game as my prize though I'll be fine until I can get a hard drive and actually download it right?

Also, how is Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters for Gameboy? I have 562 coins left and am thinking of making it one of my last coin purchases.

Mikurden

I'll need to get a hard drive in order to download Tropical Freeze which is an 11 GB but I won't be getting a HD for at least a week until my budget loosens up a bit. As long as I redeem the game as my prize though I'll be fine until I can get a hard drive and actually download it right?

Also, how is Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters for Gameboy? I have 562 coins left and am thinking of making it one of my last coin purchases.

Game codes should be good until the end of July.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
If someone still hasn't claimed their Platinum reward, I'd be interested in trading one of the "regular" 600 coins games for Animal Crossing...

Okay GAF, I have ~300 coins left and I'm having trouble choosing between four different games.

The safe bet is Star Fox 64, because I've played it at the time of release and liked it, but part of me also wants to spend those coins on a game that's new to me. Specifically either HarmoKnight, Mario Golf 64, or Mario Tennis 64.

Any input? (I mean, I've read good things about all three, so I doubt there's a *bad* choice).

Mikurden

Okay GAF, I have ~300 coins left and I'm having trouble choosing between four different games.

The safe bet is Star Fox 64, because I've played it at the time of release and liked it, but part of me also wants to spend those coins on a game that's new to me. Specifically either HarmoKnight, Mario Golf 64, or Mario Tennis 64.

Any input? (I mean, I've read good things about all three, so I doubt there's a *bad* choice).

Play the HarmoKnight demo.

RoadDogg

Got my Mario T-Shirt today. Ordered a Large but it seems much bigger then the last Large T-Shirt I ordered from them. Not like I really planned on wearing it anyway though.

Renewed

Finally picking my Platinum game. Do we know when these codes expire? I might choose a Wii U game but I don't have the system yet.

From Club Nintendo discontinuation notice:

Will the download code ever expire?
Yes, all download codes redeemed from Club Nintendo will expire on July 31, 2015, so please be sure to download your game from the Nintendo eShop before that date.

zroid

Banned
i finally got a shipment email for one of the rewards I ordered (the Mario tshirt)

wonder if it's in the mail right now -- for the Smash soundtrack, I received the email on the same day I got the delivery... even though it takes a week to arrive here from Nintendo HQ!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
i finally got a shipment email for one of the rewards I ordered (the Mario tshirt)

wonder if it's in the mail right now -- for the Smash soundtrack, I received the email on the same day I got the delivery... even though it takes a week to arrive here from Nintendo HQ!
Gimme your address, I'll go check for you. >:)

Anyone want to buy/trade for my Platinum reward? I will take digital items, or Canadian eShop/PSN money, or PayPal. No idea what game I would redeem for myself if I do. I guess if no one wants to trade, I will just have to pick soon.

i-Jest

Anyone want to buy/trade for my Platinum reward? I will take digital items, or Canadian eShop/PSN money, or PayPal. No idea what game I would redeem for myself if I do. I guess if no one wants to trade, I will just have to pick soon.

I hear Mario Kart 8 is a better version of 7 all around. I'd get 7 just to have a portable racer. How do you feel about Yoshi's New Island?

I hear Mario Kart 8 is a better version of 7 all around. I'd get 7 just to have a portable racer. How do you feel about Yoshi's New Island?

I've got both of those. I am not looking at the list right now, but the ones I remember not having are NES Remix 2, Ultimate NES Remix, and Mario Party.

antibolo

Banned
Uh I just realized, although I redeemed my Platinum gift a few days ago, the site appears to still let me pick one. Is this normal? Heheh. I'm scared that Nintendo might ban my NNID or something, if it works lol

EDIT: Nope, nevermind.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I got my Mario shirt today. I can't comment on sizing, since I don't plan on wearing it (I didn't even open the plastic wrapper it came in), but it's actually a really nice charcoal gray, as opposed to heather gray like the description says.

_woLf

Uh I just realized, although I redeemed my Platinum gift a few days ago, the site appears to still let me pick one. Is this normal? Heheh. I'm scared that Nintendo might ban my NNID or something, if it works lol

EDIT: Nope, nevermind.

but don't worry, your coins are safe with wario

zroid

Banned
I got my Mario shirt today. I can't comment on sizing, since I don't plan on wearing it (I didn't even open the plastic wrapper it came in), but it's actually a really nice charcoal gray, as opposed to heather gray like the description says.

good to know, don't really like heather grey at all

ordered it anyway cause i didn't know what to do with my last 800 coins :p

tornjaw

I know these were given to anyone with a Club Nintendo account but if for some reason, anyone can use them here are two codes for Flipnote Studio. (I hope they still work)

Flipnote Studio 3D:
A079-95DE-0RS7-FF4V
A079-B9HG-1ES6-M9LF

Don't really know what to redeem. Not enough disk space for DKC and I'm more of a physical copy person. NES Remix 2 doesn't really grab my interest. I threw up an offer to trade any choice for $20 in Playstation Store credit in the BTS thread but didn't get any bites. I'll wait it out but I guess if no one's interested I'll just get NES Remix.

Top Bottom