• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

So GAF, I can get 2 games (or 3 depending on coins) from CN since I still haven't redeemed my coins or platinum prize. Keep in mind that I left my Wii U back in America (currently in Japan) so I'm just going for 3DS games. Here are my options:

CN (400 coins worth):
Super Mario land (150)
Super Mario land 2 (150)
Metroid 2 (150)
Wario Land 2 (200)
Mario Golf (200)
Zelda: Link's Awakening (200)
Sakura Samurai (200)
Mario and DKL Minis on the move (250)
Dillon's rolling western (250)
Harmoknight (300)
Dillon's Rolling Western 2 (300)
Fluidity Spin Cycle (300)

Platinum/Gold (1 game):
Yoshi's New Island
Mario Golf Island Tour
Mario Party Island Tour
Ultimate NES remix
Crashmo
Pushmo
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Mysterious Murasame Castle

Thanks in advance!

So GAF, I can get 2 games (or 3 depending on coins) from CN since I still haven't redeemed my coins or platinum prize. Keep in mind that I left my Wii U back in America (currently in Japan) so I'm just going for 3DS games. Here are my options:

CN (400 coins worth):
Super Mario land (150)
Super Mario land 2 (150)
Metroid 2 (150)
Wario Land 2 (200)
Mario Golf (200)
Zelda: Link's Awakening (200)
Sakura Samurai (200)
Mario and DKL Minis on the move (250)
Dillon's rolling western (250)
Harmoknight (300)
Dillon's Rolling Western 2 (300)
Fluidity Spin Cycle (300)

Platinum/Gold (1 game):
Yoshi's New Island
Mario Golf Island Tour
Mario Party Island Tour
Ultimate NES remix
Crashmo
Pushmo
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Mysterious Murasame Castle

Thanks in advance!

If it helps, you can redeem Wii U (or 3DS)e-shop codes at http://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem to put games in your account while you're away.

Anyways, I recommend Mario Land 2 and Links Awakening if you've never played either.

For the Platinum... personally I'd do Ultimate NES Remix, but if you have the others on Wii U they're better since they have more games in them. I'm not too keen on any of the other full game options you listed personally, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the new Mario Golf.

Codeblue

Finally redeemed everything I wanted and Grill Off. Wound up with 35 coins remaining which is a little frustrating.

YNjDRvT.png

We had a good run. RIP Club Nintendo.

Nice. Do you have any interest in those games?

I think I will get NES Remix 2 if no one wants to trade me for my game. I got NES Remix 1 last year, but I haven't played a ton of it. But, I figure it is still better than Ultimate NES Remix, and definitely better than Mario Party.

Fireblend

Banned
I haven't kept up with any news since I ordered my last rewards; is there any word on when the 3DS Zelda pouch will ship? Or even a final design?

i-Jest

So my final haul from Club Nintendo was pretty good.

Final Monthly Rewards:

2015 Card Case (hasn't shipped)
Golden Sun (Wii U)
F-Zero (Wii U)
F-Zero Maxcimum Velocity (Wii U)
F-Zero X (Wii)
Doc Louis's Punch Out (Wii)

Elite Reward:

Yoshi's New Island

Wish I had the coins to get Starfox 64, Super Smash Bros, and Super Mario 64. Still a very good haul though. Goodbye Club Nintendo. I had my moments where I bitched about how you weren't exactly giving free games and the games we got were already offered in the past. Looking back on it now i was a little self-entitled. I appreciate the games I did get and I'm still a little sour that the 3DSXL Colorful Charging Cradle never went back up.

I hope your successor is a worthy one. Cheers!

Two questions?

1. Do the coin rewards cut off tomorrow?

2. How does the Wii -> Wii U upgrade go? Does it give you a code to use on the eShop?

Just curious, because if it is like that I'd be willing to pay someone the money to upgrade Link to the Past for me.

Laws00

Finally redeemed everything I wanted and Grill Off. Wound up with 35 coins remaining which is a little frustrating.

YNjDRvT.png

We had a good run. RIP Club Nintendo.

I have 35 too and im like damn. wish i could something else i could get 35 measly points or something

Spike

I have 250 coins on our CN account. I'd really like to get Fluidity Spin Cycle, but it's 300 coins. Anyone have 300 coins and is looking for something you can get for 250 coins or less want to trade with me?

Tansut

I have 250 coins on our CN account. I'd really like to get Fluidity Spin Cycle, but it's 300 coins. Anyone have 300 coins and is looking for something you can get for 250 coins or less want to trade with me?
That's a great idea, so if a second person is doing the same thing....

I'd totally love to have Dr. Luigi in some similar trade.

zroid

Banned
I got my Retro Mario T-shirt today

it's aight

I think the picture of Mario is a bit too big for my liking, but I'll just wear it as pyjamas or something

iphys

I got my Retro Mario T-shirt today

it's aight

I think the picture of Mario is a bit too big for my liking, but I'll just wear it as pyjamas or something

Got mine today. It's funny, I didn't redeem the original Mario shirt because all the little sprites on it were so tiny, but this one is so big it just looks so super pixellated it's actually hard to see Mario when you see it in person. Whatever, it will look good from a distance, lol.

LQX

Can you mind uploading a pic of what it looks like? If you can . I would like to know if it's worth getting, the bags are already a disappointment.

Did not open it. Comes in a paper pouch(which will most likely come damaged) of sorts. If you have the messenger bag it might do to just dump them in it.

Should have waited or got games. Oh well, going to throw them on Ebay.

I received my Majora puzzle today as well. It's pretty disappointing that NOA packaged it I n a bag that was then crushed through my mail slot.

Shiiiit. Fellow GAFer Volcynica pointed this out to me on Twitter:

600_ZeldaJigsawPuzzle_Bag.jpg

Got damned fine print, Nintendoooooooooo!

Seriously, NOA?

Why the f*k would you package a puzzle in a bag? I'd expect at least a few some folks' puzzle pieces to get ruined in the mail, now.

You really like shi*ing on your biggest market of fans lately, eh?

Terrible Club N service (and now packaging), terrible Wii U eco game cases, no (or skimped) LEs, amongst other things.

hazukash

Oh man, I was looking forward to having a nice box to display. Looks like I'll have to put the puzzle in a random box or just frame it.

Well, now I understand why they were pushing framing the poster in the item description. They really hit an all-time quality low with this last batch of rewards. Nintendo chose quantity over quality.

i-Jest

Can't decide between doc louis + something else and the 2015 game case

There is no guarantee we'll ever see the Doc Louis game again. It's not something you can search up on the Wii Shop Channel. The Card Case is going to soar in value though. I doubt Nintendo will make it available for purchase on it's online store after June. To bad you can't get both. I'd go with Doc Louis. I'm sure you'll be able to track down the case on Ebay.

Top Bottom