• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

jholmes

Just got the puzzle and it's in a paper bag?! What did I do to deserve this?

Greeting Cards 300 to 150
Game Case 400 to 300
Calendar 400 to 300
Pouch 600 to 300
T-shirt 700 to 350
Puzzle 800 to 400
Bag 800 to 500

EDIT: Top of the page, perfect.

WHAT THE FUCK? I could've saved 1050 coins by waiting? This is some bullshit!

aparisi2274

Did the Zelda pouches get shipped out yet?

No. I actually just asked Nintendo about that the other day. They said that shipping was posted on the site as 3-5months after placing order... I placed mine on Feb 13... so it could theoretically show up between now and July 13...

Tansut

So thanks to my laziness in redeeming my coins I can now afford one of these physical rewards.

I'm a torn between the messenger bag and the jigsaw puzzle. What's the consensus on those two? Or rather, of the two which one do people seem to like more?

jholmes

So thanks to my laziness in redeeming my coins I can now afford one of these physical rewards.

I'm a torn between the messenger bag and the jigsaw puzzle. What's the consensus on those two? Or rather, of the two which one do people seem to like more?

The messenger bag doesn't come in a fucking dollar store paper pouch, so there's that.

neto

lol should have waited on the bag and the game case, but good thing that I still haven't spend all my coins, I think I might get the tshirt now since it seems reasonable priced

Neo Dark

I received my Majora puzzle today as well. It's pretty disappointing that NOA packaged it I n a bag that was then crushed through my mail slot.

Shiiiit. Fellow GAFer Volcynica pointed this out to me on Twitter:

600_ZeldaJigsawPuzzle_Bag.jpg

Got damned fine print, Nintendoooooooooo!

Lol my friend got his puzzle last week and told me it came in a bag and I went on their website to see if there was anything that actually said that on their website and sure enough I found that and was laughing when I linked it to my friend.

Hmm... on another note. That coin price drop was unexpected. Well at least now I can get something a bit nicer with the 380 coins I have left. Not sure what I want though. How's the T-shirt or pouch?

Chibot

I have both and wish I would have used the coins on something else. Both look like items from Dollar Tree. The bag is light and flimsy and the puzzle comes in a cheap, ugly bag. Once put together the puzzle might look ok. Just don't get the bag, it's a total piece of crap.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
No way to cancel my 800 coins bag order I guess...? After seeing pictures of it, I didn't want it at all, and the price drop makes it even worse. :(

LampEater

Neo Member
I completely forgot to redeem my Gold status gift when I decided to wait until the club.nintendo site to stop melting down. Any chance I can try to redeem that now?

Gameboy415

This is incredibly annoying!

Everything I ordered (apart from the 2nd set of Smash posters) is still readily available and I would have had an extra 1100 coins to use on games if I'd waited until now. :(

What the hell, Nintendo...

I called Nintendo and started to talk to some dude about the coin reductions. He sounded very frustrated. They must have received a ton of calls.

zigg

I called Nintendo and started to talk to some dude about the coin reductions. He sounded very frustrated. They must have received a ton of calls.
I'm sure they have. I realize they don't want to get stuck with leftover reward stock, but dropping prices after pushing high-priced items with the "last chance" narrative* is a really bad way to do it. Dropping prices while crediting those who already blew large stacks of coins would've been much better and I think would've made everyone happier.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
What a joke. Nintendo is pulling out all the stops this year to be on everyone's hate list.

bumpkin

Perhaps it's a classic Club N trap... They slash the prices of the existing rewards, wait until they see a bunch of people's balances plummet, and then they'll put up some leftovers from the JP and EU rewards at high prices.

zroid

Banned
I'm sure they have. I realize they don't want to get stuck with leftover reward stock, but dropping prices after pushing high-priced items with the "last chance" narrative* is a really bad way to do it. Dropping prices while crediting those who already blew large stacks of coins would've been much better and I think would've made everyone happier.

from a PR standpoint, they should have just left the prices as-is and then after the site shuts down, given the leftover stuff away for free via a twitter contest

What's funny is that we thought the long waiting time was for them to figure out how much stock to produce after getting all the orders in. And now they're overstocked?

Shauni

I feel like it's just one last fuck you from Club Nintendo NOA to us. I can't think of any other explanation honestly. I got some good stuff and all from it, but part of me is almost glad this shitty program is finally in the ground. I can only hope the replacement isn't such a piece of shit. At the very least, I hope it can be as good/as worse as the other regions.

jholmes

Strangely this makes me feel better.

from a PR standpoint, they should have just left the prices as-is and then after the site shuts down, given the leftover stuff away for free via a twitter contest

Nintendo should've partnered with you instead of DeNA for its new loyalty program.

RoadDogg

Wow I really wish I didn't come in here and see the prices were slashed. I'm super pissed about it now as I burnt my coins on games I didn't even want because I couldn't afford the good stuff.

zigg

Wow I really wish I didn't come in here and see the prices were slashed. I'm super pissed about it now as I burnt my coins on games I didn't even want because I couldn't afford the good stuff.
Write a quick email to Nintendo. You'll get a form letter, but it'll show up on their internal reports that they done fucked up.

bumpkin

Jigsaw or Pouch? My friend has around 420, but not sure which is more worth it.
FWIW, I have the red and blue pouches from way back and they're awesome. They aren't super protective, but the material is nice and soft, and they fit every/any 3DS model.

hazukash

It took us three hours to solve the Fierce Deity puzzle. Is it that the both of us suck at doing puzzles or was it fairly hard?

The glow-in-the-dark effect was well done. I'm still undecided whether I should frame it or not. I just don't want to put it in that lousy paper bag...

iphys

Sigh, Club Nintendo: screwing us around to the bitter end.

If they were so worried about having extra stock, could they not have just donated it to sick kids or something rather than infuriating their customers like this? They should have had a very good idea of how many rewards to order based on the initial orders anyway.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Sigh, Club Nintendo: screwing us around to the bitter end.

If they were so worried about having extra stock, could they not have just donated it to sick kids or something rather than infuriating their customers like this? They should have had a very good idea of how many rewards to order based on the initial orders anyway.
People would get mad if a lot of things went out of stock. CN can't win.

Well, good thing the only physical rewards I ever really ordered were things that had good uses, such as the game card cases and pouches. Slashed or no, those were well worth the prices.

wowzors

So I put together the jigsaw puzzle and holy shit this thing glows in the dark. Its awesome looking when it does too, maybe it said it on the product page but I didnt see it, its awesome.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Mario & Luigi greeting cards have sold out.
D'oh.. of course they did. They were the one thing that I was considering at the new lower cost, but I decided not to pull the trigger just yet in case they drop prices again (unlikely, but you never know). Silly me. :(

Top Bottom