• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Does anyone have the URL for this survey? I want to see if it has a unique "item" number.
Going through my history, one of these should be the URL for it (they're all I seem to have anyway), so hopefully they're the right ones. If not, oh well I guess:
https://club.nintendo.com/coins-survey/CNS-H016/ADHOCSV/.do
https://club.nintendo.com/survey-th...b2d588f825a2d63f115bdee55447e762fb87df/{3}.do

I still had the actual tab open, but Chrome ended up refreshing it when I tried to go back to the Earn Coins page on it, so I couldn't copy it directly.

EDIT: Logging in and clicking on the first link does work at bringing me back to the exact survey I filled out, for reference.

I registered a sealed copy of Wii Mario Kart that was sitting on my shelf for months today and it gave me 150 coins. I guess it was packed in with a Wii Bundle originally.

Sora_N

I'm 220 coins past Platinum this year for nothing! Ugh, I didn't want the Kirby medal that much anyways. I don't have enough to reach even 400 atm.

Oh boo. Would have loved that Kirby medal. He's not even angry. Wish I checked this thread sooner. :( I think that's cooler than the Mario Platinum cards.

The Kirby medal looks neat, but it was too expensive and too small.

The other Kirby stuff looks cooler anyway, so I hope they put that stuff up. I've got tons of coins to spend since they ran out of hanafuda cards. (I was gonna get them at the end of this CN year when my coins were going to expire if I hadn't spent then yet.)

IrishNinja

i wish Adventure Time would get one...actually i really wish it'd get a swap puzzle but i dont think they do those for 3rd party stuff.

Clipper

That makes sense, Nintendo Playstation. The surveys would be named with Retail Version in parentheses if it was only going to count those.

Could've been easier for them to track with separate surveys too, and going forward it could just be an option, maybe nested inside the "where did you purchase this" question.

Has Nintendo said that they're going digital with all of their future retail releases? Because if so, I can't wait to have Animal Crossing resident in memory... switching that disc into my GameCube daily became quite the hassle after years of play! First world problem, but still!

Roto13

Digitally is literally the only way I will consider buying Animal Crossing 3DS. If it doesn't get a digital release, I won't buy it.

IrishNinja

i normally prefer carts but carrying all these games around...yeah, AC will get played on the daily, that should really be on the drive for me.
hopefully the NN thing will be up & running with user accounts by then so im not worried about losing it with my system too.

zroid

Banned
Finally downloaded Pokedex 3D on my post-transfer old 3DS and have a registration survey that expires 1 month from now.

Was this always the case for Pokedex registration surveys? Or have they extended the expiration to 1 month from 1 week?

IrishNinja

i have no idea how the Pokedex works at all...ive yet to really play a pokemon game, yet every now & then it lets me know there's a new one in there. am i tagging people with these things, or at they breeding in there?

zroid

Banned
Unless there's a new one now... You get three per day from SpotPass, up to about a hundred or so. There are more Pokemon than that, so you are forced to download the rest from others locally.

Actually the recent update made it so you can get the rest via SpotPass as well. Also the alternate forms.

Roto13

Unless there's a new one now... You get three per day from SpotPass, up to about a hundred or so. There are more Pokemon than that, so you are forced to download the rest from others locally.

No, before the update you could get every Pokemon except Reshiram and Zekrom I think, the alternate forms of certain Pokemon like Deerling and Frillish (you could get one form, but you'd have to "trade" for the others), and two of the three elemental monkeys (again, you'd get one of them and its evolution). Now you can get everything from SpotPass. Well, except event only legendaries, which you can't get at all.

bumpkin

Digitally is literally the only way I will consider buying Animal Crossing 3DS. If it doesn't get a digital release, I won't buy it.
I'm really married to buying games on physical media, but with AC, I'm considering making an exception and going digital. Not having to play musical game cards when I want to check on my town would be amazing.

isny

napkin dispenser
Is there any way to check which Intend To Buys you've done?
AGH, WHY DID I WASTE ALL MY COINS ON THAT STUPID NUNCHUCK

Why was that a waste of points? You can easily flip it on ebay and get around 50. That's not really a waste...

zroid

Banned
I'm really married to buying games on physical media, but with AC, I'm considering making an exception and going digital. Not having to play musical game cards when I want to check on my town would be amazing.

I know how you feel. I honestly might end up buying both versions just because I can't stand the thought of not having the game card. But it's such an ideal digital game.

Roto13

I'm still missing some alternate forms and have had Pokedex 3D since it was released :(

You have to update it first. (Start the app, go to the settings, hit "update.")

I updated yesterday but I haven't gotten any new Pokemon yet, though.

Boney

Banned
I'm feeling 3D Classics Twinbee today.

Mainly because its the only 3D classic I don't already have.

I'll take anything!

edit: wait art academy again!?

fuck meeee

art_academy_first_semester.jpg

zroid

Banned
Also, the two Kirby Patch sets are on 50% discount until 9/15. (175 coins instead of the usual 350)

whoa

that's new?

EDIT: oooh this is part of their Kirby month thing.

I think I'll pass though, still not impressive enough to get me to add more coins beyond the 900 I'm saving for the nunchuk.

NeOak

Same here... slowly getting them now. Did you update the software yet? (since Aug 31)

Yeah, I updated it when there was a notification on the eShop.

EDIT: You mean Aug 31 2011 or 2012?

You have to update it first. (Start the app, go to the settings, hit "update.")

I updated yesterday but I haven't gotten any new Pokemon yet, though.

I have done that too.

I'll try again I guess.

EDIT: Well this was it. Oh wow, what a lot of stuff. 12 Pokemons in the AR viewer, backgrounds, notes and all Pokemon data. :O

Thanks guys!

what's with the hate? Art Academy is great, i have no drawing skills and i was blowing my own mind with the stuff the game helped me do. this is a smart way to promote the new game.

NeOak

New Super Mario Bros. 2 still shows as a 110 coins game. Is this valid?

EDIT: Derp, website says 9/20 is the cutoff date for this.

Now you can get everything from SpotPass. Well, except event only legendaries, which you can't get at all.

I've only got like ~117 Pokemans in my 3D Pokedex and I stopped getting them. For a long time new ones were there pretty much every day like clockwork and then they just stopped. I always assumed that was all you could get via spotpass for now.

EDIT - I'll try updating again and see if that works. I don't even play Pokeman, lol.

Roto13

I've only got like ~117 Pokemans in my 3D Pokedex and I stopped getting them. For a long time new ones were there pretty much every day like clockwork and then they just stopped. I always assumed that was all you could get via spotpass for now.

EDIT - I'll try updating again and see if that works. I don't even play Pokeman, lol.

Yeah, there's a bug where people stop getting new Pokemon. Scan some AR markers to fix it, I think.

Top Bottom